News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It's essentially another pick in the 40s though. Just don't see it
The deals might not be looked at in isolation. For example, if you guys are looking at Stringer, it may be that our pick 45 forms part of that deal so it becomes an important pick only for not having to dip into other higher picks like splitting 1st rounders. These days, club get creative and our F2 might be part of another trade in for you guys so it maybe ends up Peatling for player(s) after the wash up.

I doubt this trade goes as smoothly/ quickly as the ANB trade. F2 alone prob won't satisfy GWS, but it will get done

Valued him enough to draft him out of obscurity and develop him into a top 22 mid. What did you want us to do?
Not enough emphasis on “obscurity “, and by “top 22” you mean top 23 given he was sub for half a dozen games. And dropped from the 23.

So actually, plucked from obscurity to be a borderline best 22 player 🤣

Didn't GWS start out contract negotiations with like a 1 or 2 year deal?

Doesn't look like they rated him all that highly to begin with
Yes it was 1 then clubs started sniffing up it to 2 then when us and others offered 4 or more they offered more at the last minute which i reckon pushed him to go

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a breakout second half of the season, solidified his spot and played 2 finals.
As this happened he got offered higher and longer contracts.
That's what happens when players hit form.
You're getting a good player...who has just hit the next level...
Your offer blew ours out of the water on this deal, Cummings and Collingwood's on Perryman. We have a tight cap...that's not your fault but I don't see an issue with the club looking to try and get fair compensation from a mid-season draftee that they developed into a starting mid.

He had a breakout second half of the season, solidified his spot and played 2 finals.
As this happened he got offered higher and longer contracts.
That's what happens when players hit form.
You're getting a good player...who has just hit the next level...
Your offer blew ours out of the water on this deal, Cummings and Collingwood's on Perryman. We have a tight cap...that's not your fault but I don't see an issue with the club looking to try and get fair compensation from a mid-season draftee that they developed into a starting mid.
Be a f2 and thats it not our fault you screwed it up and the cap is tight

No he got offered only 2 years it was after crows etc offered more gws tried to offer more but the ship had sailed they offered more years tog and money and here we are

No - his initial offer was 3 years, but GWS moved the deal to 4 years

The length of deals are the same, our money is better and the chance to be a frontline midfielder

I also would be supported that there is also the appeal to play in front of big home crowds

GWS still only get less than 15000 to a home game, they couldn’t even sell out there final and they have a ground capacity of 23000

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No - his initial offer was 3 years, but GWS moved the deal to 4 years

The length of deals are the same, our money is better and the chance to be a frontline midfielder

I also would be supported that there is also the appeal to play in front of big home crowds

GWS still only get less than 15000 to a home game, they couldn’t even sell out there final and they have a ground capacity of 23000

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A 3 year deal doesn't equal first rounder.
A F2 from a bottom 4 team is more than fair.

Valued him enough to draft him out of obscurity and develop him into a top 22 mid. What did you want us to do?

Is “drafted him from obscurity” code for

He was actually handed to us by the AFL to our Academy and then we re drafted at the mid season when he improved ?

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back