News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d think it would be a swap of future seconds and our third under that scenario. GWS would bank on us finishing lower which is odds on
GWS will probably end up with some other second and third round picks from trades yet to be done. So makes sense they have a full hand before making any decisions.

I think the key reason so many clubs were chasing Peatling was they saw him as a potential bargain. He doesn't have the runs on the board to warrant a high draft pick in a trade, but he might turn out to be a really solid player. So the fact that he was pursued heavily is more about the assumed cost of the trade for the return rather than people thinking he is a top line player.
Fair call man but still hard to think only worth a F3 don’t you think?

You’d think it would be a swap of future seconds and our third under that scenario. GWS would bank on us finishing lower which is odds on
That's a good deal for us, as we would still have picks in the 2nd and 3rd round next year, if we both have similar seasons it could be only a few spots and if GWS implode we could actually come out better off.

It's smart trading and also means if we do want to trade our future 1st on draft night we have that ability as we would still have our full allotment of picks

That's a good deal for us, as we would still have picks in the 2nd and 3rd round next year, if we both have similar seasons it could be only a few spots and if GWS implode we could actually come out better off.

It's smart trading and also means if we do want to trade our future 1st on draft night we have that ability as we would still have our full allotment of picks
No I meant swap our seconds and give them our 3rd, we are going to have to give them a pick just not swaps

Kinda can't understand it tbh. I thought the pick you used for ANB would be fair.
Bizarre
F2 sounds right to me. Reidy, despite many on this board thinking otherwise, is a pretty ruthless operator and can be pretty firey and 'has a long memory' (he told me that re our trade for Dawson for way-unders in retribution for Swans Tippett issue)

That said, we clearly would have no issues from my understanding with GWS. If anything the other way around to a small degree as we walked Hately to the PSD (not that he was worth much) a few yrs ago.

Sounds like he is hoping to get a later pick back (third round I assume). Not sure what else could be holding things up as a future third rounder, in a weak draft, isnt a reasonable pick for us to be leading with IMHO

Pretty simple , the afl starts to go down the path of Rugby Union

There are multiple threats including basketball , soccer and rugby league

The afl knows it can’t take for granted the current position it’s in
Can't it? It can run a biased comp with arbitrary rule changes and handouts for... reasons.

Seems a lot like it takes it's position for granted, especially regarding it's integrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit every Giants fan I've met....and the club wanted to keep him.
Let's not pretend we didn't want him. I'd still love him to change his mind.
Weird, cos I'd assume the GWS fans... watch the GWS games. :)

Possibly not a good sign. Possibly a worse sign that he will still improve our midfield.

I don’t get that, it would involve us paying Cumming more than we wanted to and Peatling hadn’t nominated us yet
Or we were always prepared to pay a premium for Cumming with Port lurking to secure him and that premium also worked in the Giants favor. So it might not be a direct wink wink, nod nod, but an indirect fringe benefit of the Cumming trade that GWS now are ok to return the compliment to us without playing hardball?

Fair call man but still hard to think only worth a F3 don’t you think?
I expect we are getting a discount by ensuring they got good compo pick for Cumming.

We offered fair value but they were busy with more important trades.

I doubt in hindsight they are bitter, particularly as we trade with them most years like last year to benefit both clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back