Confirmed James Peatling traded to Adelaide with F3 & F4 (both tied to GWS) for F2 (tied to Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they getting him with pick 54 in the main draft?
I think he plans to nominate for the psd instead of the national draft. Richmond have so much cap space , Adelaide wouldn't be able to come up with a contract structure that Richmond cannot match or improve.
They can pick him up and sign him to a contract, then trade him during next year's period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this only gets done with Essendon and Dogs contributing
Dogs give 48 & F4 get XOH
Dons Give Stringer get 48
Crows give F2 & F3 get Peatling 53 & 56
Giants give Peatling 53 & 56 get Stringer F2 F3 F4

I think this only gets done with Essendon and Dogs contributing
Dogs give 48 & F4 get XOH
Dons Give Stringer get 48
Crows give F2 & F3 get Peatling 53 & 56
Giants give Peatling 53 & 56 get Stringer F2 F3 F4
Crows don't need any more late picks this year.

Dogs give 49 & F4 get XOH
Dons give Stringer get 49
Crows give F2 get Peatling & F4
Giants give Peatling get Stringer & F2

I think he plans to nominate for the psd instead of the national draft. Richmond have so much cap space , Adelaide wouldn't be able to come up with a contract structure that Richmond cannot match or improve.
They can pick him up and sign him to a contract, then trade him during next year's period.

It's not cap space which is the limiter. It's list space, and Richmond have a full list at pick 61 - which they'll likely take in the draft. Unless they're planning to delist anyone out of contract and on the main list post trade period.

edit: 61 not 54.

Last edited:
I thought they need picks for a Welsh bid.

Sounds like there is talk it'll be late - or a rookie pick - at this stage.

Though, it's a tad strange that Tyler has seemingly fallen off the draft boards.

With what's left on their list they won't be singing that tune too often
Best time to do a rebuild with a lot of top 20 picks in a strong draft before a massive draft concession for the new team, ours happened at the worst possible time with a global pandemic and compromised exposure to the draftee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed James Peatling traded to Adelaide with F3 & F4 (both tied to GWS) for F2 (tied to Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back