Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Having Shai Bolton is like dating a supermodel

Head turning, dynamic player, a ballistic yet graceful athlete, someone that is the most talented player on the ground, no matter who you play, someone that can stand on his opponents head, take mark of the year, and also be able to sprint away from anyone, any time, someone who is an agile as a cat. He misses alot of goals because his athleticism gets him opportunities to score, that no one else could create.

Problem like all supermodels, he gets away with not doing much, for long stretches

Richmond lost this trade, Bolton is a needle mover, superstar.

Very low % chance 10 and or 11 is gunna get us that, but he wanted to go home, and such is life.

I think in this next little period of ours, the blowtorch moves 100% onto the coaches rather than the players. Expectations on field will be to be competitive with zero "Sure win" games for us next year. If a player fumbles or misses at a crucial time, there will be a greater patience on them developing which is the job of the coaching team. If there's no game plan and no one looks like taking steps forward, the axe will come for the Ooze man.

Agreed lots of hard rebuilds fail and culture of losing gets in there. But if you look at some clubs that have had stints down the bottom line Dees or Blues, there are lots of year on year failures with drafting players in the first round that set them back for sure. Guys like Boekhurt, Lochie O'Brien, SPP, Dow, Toumpas, Scully, Trengove (not talent issues but both did not have the career intended at Dees), Lucas Cook (sole bust in an absolutely bumper first round).

Difference with us is that statistically this year we almost can't miss. Compare McKay and Curnow picks within the top 15 picks of one draft vs Ben Miller for us who was pick 63 in 2017 and has taken years and years to become an AFL standard player. We aren't rebuilding with one first rounder, one second rounder and one third rounder year on year. We are getting so many goes at it in a highly rated even draft.

Will be an exciting watch that's for sure. With all the $ coming off your cap I'm convinced that you make a play for someone now, young enough to give you years but also become a leader. With so many picks now you could just about do anything.

Real question now is what is Richmond's plan with all these picks this year. Surely not using them all. Cant have 7 or 8 18 year olds getting belted for the next 3 or 4 years. Losing is a bad habit to pick up and I cant Richmond loading their list with that many kids
Its simple, dont **** it up.

Hasn't been reported but rumours on our board is Richmond will be paying $200k a year or just contract for us.
Yea Right GIF

Will be an exciting watch that's for sure. With all the $ coming off your cap I'm convinced that you make a play for someone now, young enough to give you years but also become a leader. With so many picks now you could just about do anything.

Definitely, keep some for potential free agents but also could be situations of poaching some players and having the currency and salary room to get it done. Next couple of years will be interesting with how they make the most of what is a golden opportunity. Isn't salary cap trading coming in next year too? Or being looked at. We might be in a spot to trade some of it out rather than overpay/prepay guys on our list.

Interesting, I guess this is why WC weren't too fussed to drop to pick 12 as they'll get top WA talent ahead of Freo.

A lot for Freo to give up though imo
Bo's nice and if he's the best available you take him, no question. But I'm not big on some WA fans practically pretending he's the only option.

Teams this year have made massive trades for a lot of the picks btwn 9 and 14 in this draft. That's not because those teams plan to share Bo amongst them. Teams believe there's a lot of quality in and around that range, and I refuse to believe Allan is the only one of them willing to play in WA.

Think we've seen rebuilds as drastic as this fail because of what I said previously, losing becomes the habit and it becomes a hard habit to break. I do wonder if they get involved with some clubs/players that might be wiling to move whilst taking maybe x3 top 10 players in the draft. Might still finish last whilst being competitive.
I think we will hit this draft hard. We didn't last season and traded quite a few picks into this draft, which allowed us to shuffle the chairs with other clubs to get points etc. So they knew what they were doing.

By the start of the '25 season our youngest player will 20 years old, McAuliffe and he's built like a tank, and Fawcett a 197cm well built forward. We have plenty of room on our list for a swag of young players.

Right on target if you ask me

Depends when the bids come in this year , and where we finish next year, and all the academy picks next year, father sons ect

But I reckon yea, it will end up Pick 2, close to pick 3, depends, so thanks for bringing this up

I guess I was right, thanks for bending over by the way
It clearly isn't right

If you take into account bids then its even further incorrect

You are living in a fantasy land

Definitely, keep some for potential free agents but also could be situations of poaching some players and having the currency and salary room to get it done. Next couple of years will be interesting with how they make the most of what is a golden opportunity. Isn't salary cap trading coming in next year too? Or being looked at. We might be in a spot to trade some of it out rather than overpay/prepay guys on our list.

Good call, if you could land some solid free agents to take some of the heat off the young guys you could turn this around pretty quick.
All in all I'm happy that we've landed Shai, I reckon he'll be great for us. We just need to do what you guys did for a few years and I can die happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It clearly isn't right

Dont bother, the bloke would rather give up his first born then admit he was wrong

It clearly isn't right

I'm genuinely so dumb. So the trade tracker, what is it saying? It's not saying Shai's worth is Pick 4...we gave you back the equivalent of pick 4 right? So is Shai's value the 3700 odd minus the value as have back?

It clearly isn't right

Its called basic Maths

all the picks will drop, but by different rates depending on when the bids come in

This year we finished last, and our 3rd round pick was Pick 43 worth 378 points

Next year even if we finish last that same pick will worth 200 points less due to the change in points, so in effect worth Pick 56 not 43

I said somewhere between Pick 2 and 3 and that's where it will, full price for a bona fide superstar

I'm genuinely so dumb. So the trade tracker, what is it saying? It's not saying Shai's worth is Pick 4...we gave you back the equivalent of pick 4 right? So is Shai's value the 3700 odd minus the value as have back?

Actually we gave you back the points to the value of pick 6. You gave up points to value of Pick 1 plus Pick 19. So the difference is the equivalent of Pick 4 as to Bolton's value. Seems pretty good just on points, not exactly selling the farm but also not unders. Everyone should be okay with this?

Having Shai Bolton is like dating a supermodel

Head turning, dynamic player, a ballistic yet graceful athlete, someone that is the most talented player on the ground, no matter who you play, someone that can stand on his opponents head, take mark of the year, and also be able to sprint away from anyone, any time, someone who is an agile as a cat. He misses alot of goals because his athleticism gets him opportunities to score, that no one else could create.

Problem like all supermodels, he gets away with not doing much, for long stretches

Richmond lost this trade, Bolton is a needle mover, superstar.

Very low % chance 10 and or 11 is gunna get us that, but he wanted to go home, and such is life.
Aww man you guys caved haaaaaaarrrrd!!!!

Dont bother, the bloke would rather give up his first born then admit he was wrong
Nice doin business with ya Snuff. This shit could have been completed months ago if we were in charge.

Nah I can confirm m8

- basically YOUR membership money is going to the salary of one of our players…

I mean tigs you practically may as well direct debit out of your account and into the Fremantle football clubs
I'm an AFL member. I basically own your club already

secret smell GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back