Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar though, the saints also want him so North have to beat what ever they will offer which will no doubt include their pick 5.

Absolutly they will ask for two first rounders, depending on how high they are we may give a late pick (3rd rounder) back.
If he comes out and says he wants to come to North, whatever the saints offer will be irrelevant.

Outside of Port fans, I'd say Polec is rated around a late first rounder, especially in this "superdraft".

Most likely it'll be Polec + pick 30 for pick 10 + pick 53. That puts him at around pick 16

If he comes out and says he wants to come to North, whatever the saints offer will be irrelevant.

Outside of Port fans, I'd say Polec is rated around a late first rounder, especially in this "superdraft".

Most likely it'll be Polec + pick 30 for pick 10 + pick 53. That puts him at around pick 16

If the Saint want him and will pay him what you will it’s far from irrelevant.

Doubt it, Port won’t just give him away. If we give up pick 30 as well we will certainly be getting two first round picks.

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of non North and Port supporters.

Who would they prefer? Polec or Rankine?

Rankine. And that's taking into account that Rankine has go-home factor, we don't actually need any small forwards, and we really need midfielders including outside midfielders.

Rankine could be anything.

Pick 5 for Polec and Ports 1st (pick 12-14)?..that positions port for a crack at Rankine although I think it is obvious who Rankine would rather be suiting up for :)
I can see that happen. Will be fun to watch Rankine playing opposite to Betts as neural fan too .

If the Saint want him and will pay him what you will it’s far from irrelevant.

Doubt it, Port won’t just give him away. If we give up pick 30 as well we will certainly be getting two first round picks.
There's absolutely no way you are getting 2x first rounders. If he picks the saints I highly doubt they'd give you pick 5 even.

Somehow port fans think 600k per year is overpaying for Polec, yet value him at 2x first rounders. Living in absolute dreamland.

There's absolutely no way you are getting 2x first rounders. If he picks the saints I highly doubt they'd give you pick 5 even.

Somehow port fans think 600k per year is overpaying for Polec, yet value him at 2x first rounders. Living in absolute dreamland.

And your club values him at appetntly 750K yet think he’s only worth a first if you get a second back ? I agree you certainly are.

It’s not that silly, Gold Coast has to make the trade to get him, as North will have to trade to get Polec. North have made a big offer becouse they rate him and he won’t make it to them in the draft they will have to make a very good trade to get him.

Last year Look at Lever and Gibbs (with later pick swaps) both were 2 first rounders, Charlie Cameron was pick 12 the year before Prestia (and 24) was pick 6 and a second rounder.

Polec is worth more then a second rounder like some people are suggesting.
Why do people keep using contracted players as examples with regards to Polec who is OOC.

Gibbs and cameron were contracted players and thus to get them their recieving clubs had to pay a premium.

And lever is on $800k a year and younger than Polec which means that melbourne wouldve factored in many more years of service.. but i also think melbourne overpaid slightly at the time and definately would love to revisit that lever trade again today id they could!.

Finally... as pointed out many times in this thread already.. last years draft was seen as a weak one so teams where morw willing to trade out their first rounder.

Why do people keep using contracted players as examples with regards to Polec who is OOC.

Gibbs and cameron were contracted players and thus to get them their recieving clubs had to pay a premium.

And lever is on $800k a year and younger than Polec which means that melbourne wouldve factored in many more years of service.. but i also think melbourne overpaid slightly at the time and definately would love to revisit that lever trade again today id they could!.

Finally... as pointed out many times in this thread already.. last years draft was seen as a weak one so teams where morw willing to trade out their first rounder.

Contracted V uncontracted doesn’t always make much of a difference. Sometimes yes.

What Polec will be getting would he leave will be very very close to what Lever is on as such you can assume the trade value will be similar. Polec also has more clubs chasing him so if he does leave port North will need to beat them at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your club values him at appetntly 750K yet think he’s only worth a first if you get a second back ? I agree you certainly are.
It looks like no one has any idea what the contract value is, it's been reported between 600-750k, so it's probably a moot point in the discussion of his value.

Honestly though, I don't think there will be any clubs other than North and Sydney willing to give up a first for Polec in this draft.

Assuming you are using the draft value index.
Those numbers dont work out

10 (1395) + 53 (233) - 30 (629) = 999 which is between 17 (1025)) and 18 (985)

This trade has to involve Norths first (currently pick 9) = 1469

if you value Polec between 10 - 15, then lets split the difference and call it 13 (1161)
Pick 9 (North) 1469 - 1161 (Polec perceived value) = 308 which is between 47 (316) and 48 (302) to come back to North

Given Port currently have pick 48 - that gives Polec + Ports 3rd rounder at 48 for Norths pick 9

Any suggestion that Polec is worth 2 first rounders is fanciful

Assuming you are using the draft value index.
Those numbers dont work out

10 (1395) + 53 (233) - 30 (629) = 999 which is between 17 (1025)) and 18 (985)

This trade has to involve Norfs first (currently pick 9) = 1469

if you value Polec between 10 - 15, then lets split the difference and call it 13 (1161)
Pick 9 (Norf) 1469 - 1161 (Polec perceived value) = 308 which is between 47 (316) and 48 (302) to come back to Norf

Given Port currently have pick 48 - that gives Polec + Ports 3rd rounder at 48 for Norfs pick 9

Any suggestion that Polec is worth 2 first rounders is fanciful
Apologies, I had 9 instead of 10 in the draft calculator. If we miss finals and stick with pick 9, I'd value Polec more towards 15-16, so the numbers line up closely with that.

Also, just write North. Makes you sound way less credible with the idiotic norf s***.

Contracted V uncontracted doesn’t always make much of a difference. Sometimes yes.

What Polec will be getting would he leave will be very very close to what Lever is on as such you can assume the trade value will be similar. Polec also has more clubs chasing him so if he does leave port North will need to beat them at the trade table.

Sorry... Nothing you say can be taken seriously after this statement.

... if polec was contracted to port for another two years and north came knocking wanting him youd get a first rounder for him.

As it stands he’s worth a second or norths first plus something juicy going norths way on top of polec.

Hilarious that port supporters here think a player being offered $600k a year is gonna net them pick 9-11 with nothing else goong back north’s way..

And if hes so bloody great a player.. an absolute gun thats so important to port blah, blah, blah... then why the hell cant port find a measly extra $100k or so (hed be on $500k a season atleast now right) and an extra year or two on the contract their offering?.. it doesnt add up.

Has he had a falling out with the club?.. have they not go even a tiny $100k left in their cap space?... why are they lowballing what all you port supporters are here furiously claiming is a club champion?..

Apologies, I had 9 instead of 10 in the draft calculator. If we miss finals and stick with pick 9, I'd value Polec more towards 15-16, so the numbers line up closely with that.

Also, just write North. Makes you sound way less credible with the idiotic norf s***.

Which will likely become 10 anyway if GC take TL compo.......

Any deal you do for Polec has to involve your first rounder, unless you have a player that Port are interested in?
Your pick 27 (current 2nd rounder) just wont cut it
I am not sure how you can do it any other way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any deal you do for Polec has to involve your first rounder, unless you have a player that Port are interested in?

And.......I will stick with Norf if you dont mind
Preuss???

W

... if polec was contracted to port for another two years and north came knocking wanting him youd get a first rounder for him.

As it stands he’s worth a second or norths first plus something juicy going norths way on top of polec.

Hilarious that port supporters here think a player being offered $600k a year is gonna net them pick 9-11 with nothing else goong back north’s way..

And if hes so bloody great a player.. an absolute gun thats so important to port blah, blah, blah... then why the hell cant port find a measly extra $100k or so (hed be on $500k a season atleast now right) and an extra year or two on the contract their offering?.. it doesnt add up.

Has he had a falling out with the club?.. have they not go even a tiny $100k left in their cap space?... why are they lowballing what all you port supporters are here furiously claiming is a club champion?..

Hes being offered a lot more than 600, try 750. How is it he’s worth less now than when port drafted him ? If he leaves north will be giving up more than a second round pick as he is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

Rowey was saying on 5AA yesterday that the difference is reportedly 250K per year for 3 years.....which it appears Port dont think he is worth.
In isolation, Polec is worth pick 10 - 15 so any deal has to involve North first round pick, and after that it doesnt matter if its Ports 2nd or 3rd round pick coming back. Its the first round pick they will be wanting.

And.......I will stick with Norf if you dont mind
I know it will take the 1st rounder, it's more of a question about what would come back to us in the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back