Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Port get a pick to get one of these highly rated SA kids in the draft. Win/win.

Polec is averaging 25 touches a game this year, with his speed and kicking that makes him a very damaging player. Would be a great addition to North's midfield.

No we don’t

Pick 9-12 will not get us one of the highly rated sa kids

Lukosius and Rankine will go earlier. Hately very likely to go earlier. I rate hately as a Brad Ebert level good component of a team.

Rozee has some X factor but he really is a project. As likely to end up a 10 touch pocket who shows flash in the pan as he is to become an elite mid. I like him but I’m not giving up a proven mid for him. I would see if he is best available at our current pick.

I still think Polec talk is just his manager pushing up Port's offer, will stay.

Have to laugh at what some posters think a player is worth or what they can demand when the player is leaving, always overs.

But when they are trading in a player, well he's never worth much!

If you look back through recent history, players have moved clubs for guess what, less than the losing club's supporters thought and more than the receivers clubs supporters thought.

As a neutral, what would you suggest Polec is worth........???
Just interested in your thoughts

The problem with asking neutrals is that these were the same people who thought Burgoyne was overrated or a nobody until he went to hawks, Stevens was no good until he went to Carlton, and didn’t rate boak until Geelong sent half the town to try to poach him and only come to see Robbie gray as elite like a decade later than we knew.

Thats a fair point......was plenty of discussion the the Hawthorn board about MM, which seems to have died off in the last few weeks.
I would doubt that MM was worth 750K pa, but nonetheless, I would value him in the 15-20 range.

I would have Polec slightly ahead, based on exposed form, and that is reflected in what I believe each might be worth at the trade table.
But sometimes you have to pay a premium, both in draft picks and contract size, to get a deal done......especially if a player is contracted, which is the case with MM.

The question I would ask is why MM, with 2 years to run on his contract, wants out.......?
It might be that he has some issue with the club, or more likely, someone has come waving a big arse cheque in front of him.

The whole MM talk seems to have died down of late......??
Mitch doesn't want out, though he would happily follow the money if it was offered.
Adelaide shopped him around for a while and nobody showed much interest as he is already overpaid.

Mitch doesn't want out, though he would happily follow the money if it was offered.
Adelaide shopped him around for a while and nobody showed much interest as he is already overpaid.
What a load of shit. Adelaide never shopped him around. Freo offered MM more than we did, and we refused to trade him to Carlton for Gibbs a couple of years ago.

Cant understand Port signing Motlop, Rockliff and Watts on big money but then trade their most dangerous player (after Gray).

They have good inside players but lack outside polish and they go and trade Polec.......

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

North have salary cap

North have been throwing said cap at every decent player they can to no avail for years

North have made a multi year decent deal to Polec

Polec has said he wants to stay. Has even said he will sign, but there is lots of speculation that port will not come close to north’s offer (not that they can’t)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would port have to send something with the player you are getting in the deal

It’s absurd. It will be hard enough to replace Polec with a pick 10 it will be even harder if we lose extra picks we need to hope work out.

I’ve already said, 2010-2015 there isn’t 1 pick 10 from that lot I would take. Hell I don’t think any of them are even still afl footballers. Obviously some pick 10’s in the future will work out, and some kids around there are good talents but it’s hard to find them.

This is why North would have to come to the table with pick 10 + ?
Pick 10 would be overs by itself. Highlighting 2010-15 pick 10s is disingenuous, if you have a decent recruiting team those picks could result in Tom Lynch (GC), Docherty, Greene, Cripps Curnow etc.

Literally no one other than port fans reckon Polec is worth more than pick 10, especially in this draft. North just have more motivation to ship this pick off due to the Tarryn Thomas situation.

Pick 10 would be overs by itself. Highlighting 2010-15 pick 10s is disingenuous, if you have a decent recruiting team those picks could result in Tom Lynch (GC), Docherty, Greene, Cripps Curnow etc.

Literally no one other than port fans reckon Polec is worth more than pick 10, especially in this draft. North just have more motivation to ship this pick off due to the Tarryn Thomas situation.

What else will North use that 1st round pick on. It gets wasted on Tarryn Thomas who could be matched and no other player wants to go there. Norths first is useless, also North can't ruin their reputation Of not getting deals done. Imagine what player would be stupid enough to choose north over the other Vic teams if they can't get deals done and can't sign anyone.

Polecs value is a first. What other wing is there aside from Gaff? Charlie Cameron went for pick 12 last year, not to sound biased but Polec is a better all round wing then Cameron. It really does sound stupid knowing how valuable Polec is to Port and hearing others say he's worth a second.

^ he's worth a second rounder

I hope we steer clear of him

I'd rather go for Hannebery a 3 time AA who played most of last year, should be fresh next year since he's missed most of this year
Hahaha, you don't watch many Port games do you? Hanberry is washed. Anyway for a 2nd rounder Port would keep him.

Good pickup for North.

I remember watching the national championships in 2010 and saying "wow, general zod from woodville-west torrens looks really good. Not as good as SA from murray bushrangers or BJ from sandringham dragons but definitely top 3 in the 2010 draft crop"

Front load the first year and pay him 500k every year after = no brainer. polec on one wing and hartung on the other. The only wing pairing that would rival that would be if hawthorn got scully and had smith on the opposite wing.

Pick 40 and Sam Durdin is a good deal and should be sufficient for both parties.

Oh LOL, you do your best work at times away from our board- kudos!

With Polec and Hartung on the wings, is there any truth in the rumour that one of the pending rule changes is the the implementation of three wings? Durdin is a first round pick as well, surely a straight swap scenario?

Durdin is as crisp as a new tenner, that must add value, classic vehicles fetch a high price with low k's on the clock, why's a gun footballer any different?

Literally every dickhead in literally every BF trade thread pulls the 'we get him in the PSD for nothing' card. It hasn't happened in nearly a decade.

If North try to play that card, good luck getting him past Carlton and St Kilda in the PSD. Your club doesn't have the incredibly strong bargaining position that you're trying to convince us (or convince yourself?) that it does. If North want him they're going to have to get a trade done. And 750k over 5 years tells us loud and clear how badly North want him. So they'll come to the table. Deal with it.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're taking the piss here. Especially since your post implied that Billy Hartung is good, an opinion which no human being could genuinely hold.

You carry on like you're the actual Port list manager. It's very humorous.

My call is that if the trade is done our 1st rounder will get to Port, but a chunk of points is going to come back the other way with him.

Let's wait and see how it plays out.

What else will North use that 1st round pick on. It gets wasted on Tarryn Thomas who could be matched and no other player wants to go there. Norths first is useless, also North can't ruin their reputation Of not getting deals done. Imagine what player would be stupid enough to choose north over the other Vic teams if they can't get deals done and can't sign anyone.

Polecs value is a first. What other wing is there aside from Gaff? Charlie Cameron went for pick 12 last year, not to sound biased but Polec is a better all round wing then Cameron. It really does sound stupid knowing how valuable Polec is to Port and hearing others say he's worth a second.

Don’t worry.....Crows supporters just don’t want Port getting another 1st round pick and upsetting their plans to land Lukosous and Rankine.

Their agendas are almost embarrassing.
They cant help themselves

The other option for North is to bundle the pick with another asset and move further up the draft to pick up a player before the Thomas bid.

Polec is worth a late first round pick in this draft. Currently we have pick 9, which would be too much for a straight swap. Cameron isn't as good, but he was also contracted and last year's draft was way less regarded than this year's.

I'm a big fan of Polec and I'm stoked we are linked with him, but north giving up a first + more to get him as suggested by some port fans on here is crazy talk.

North have salary cap

North have been throwing said cap at every decent player they can to no avail for years

North have made a multi year decent deal to Polec

Polec has said he wants to stay. Has even said he will sign, but there is lots of speculation that port will not come close to north’s offer (not that they can’t)
And how many players has that happened to over the course of the last couple years? They still end up resigning and Polec still might.

The fact of the matter is Port have either prioritised the 3 I mentioned over Polec or their list management have dropped the ball. Too focused on Ollie and just presumed Polec would sign.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back