Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not that he's bad but because of guys like Lobbe, Pitatd and Hartlett port hate giving massive long term deals. And North are offering 1 million in the first year.
It’s not that he’s bad???...

You’re right there!... I’ve watched a fair few of ports games this year... they lose Polec and they’ll be absolutey screwed next year...

Motlop, watts and even rocky have been flops... not one of them has provided a drop of the something extra they were bought in for... all three go missing for entire games only to pop up for a half decent quarter here or there... and Polec toils away all game, every game, picking up these three blokes shit after them and at the same time providing all the run and carry..

But port seriously can’t find an extra couple of years and little bit more coin to throw his way?... if this is true, the player management down there at Alberton needs a swift kick in the pants..

A Port supporter big noting about drafting? Am I reading this right?

serveimage
Don't forget Lindsay :)

Being contracted doesn't make that big a difference, marginal. Yes bot not that big a difference. Who's the last player that signed a deal as big as Polec and only went for a single first with a second round pick going back ?
Being contracted makes all the difference as if weller was out of contract and wanted GC, what leverage did freo have particularly as GC had one of the first picks in the PSD should freo not struck a deal. As weller was contracted unless freo got an offer they were happy with they just hold weller to his contract..

Being contracted makes all the difference as if weller was out of contract and wanted GC, what leverage did freo have particularly as GC had one of the first picks in the PSD should freo not struck a deal. As weller was contracted unless freo got an offer they were happy with they just hold weller to his contract..

Then look at last year, Level got you two firsts with a second back. North are offering marginally less. Difference is Polec has more clubs chasing him then Lever did. Level likley would have gotten to Melb doubt Polec gets to North.

Melb identified Lever as a player they wanted, offered him a premium ($$$) and paid the appropriate trade price to match the money offered. How is this any different ? Biggest difference is Polec doesn't want to leave.

Being contracted doesn't make that big a difference, marginal. Yes bot not that big a difference. Who's the last player that signed a deal as big as Polec and only went for a single first with a second round pick going back ?
Being contracted makes a massive difference per almost every trade ever and I didn't say a second coming back. His contract isn't even that big in this day and age. 600-700k a year is nothing and spot on that 2nd/3rd tier player that is worth a mid to late 1st.

$600k p.a.

Port supporters need to ramp up the numbers because it makes them feel better.

So basically you are happy to claim the media are wrong about what north are offering (700-750) - but have it spot on about what port are offering (500) ?
Surely if they have one right, they likely have both right. And if they have one wrong it’s likely they have them both wrong (the most likely scenario).

Btw. Polec will either stay or a fair deal will get done, regardless of your chest beating.

Polec is a decent footballer. I can see why north are interested. I'd say a fair trade would be a mid to late first rounder.. .Pick 15 - 19. If you are prepared to pay big coin you also have to give up something fairly decent. I don't think losing Polec will harm Port in the long term while north will get a midfield boost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then look at last year, Level got you two firsts with a second back. North are offering marginally less. Difference is Polec has more clubs chasing him then Lever did. Level likley would have gotten to Melb doubt Polec gets to North.

Melb identified Lever as a player they wanted, offered him a premium ($$$) and paid the appropriate trade price to match the money offered. How is this any different ? Biggest difference is Polec doesn't want to leave.
Lever wasn't contracted but goodwin bent over on that deal in the end..must have been looking after his old club

Polec is a decent footballer. I can see why north are interested. I'd say a fair trade would be a mid to late first rounder.. .Pick 15 - 19. If you are prepared to pay big coin you also have to give up something fairly decent. I don't think losing Polec will harm Port in the long term while north will get a midfield boost
Someone had the answer..crows trade pick 19 and their 2019 1st round pick to north and north trade their 2018 1st rounder and 2019 2nd rounder to the crows..pick 19 and steak knives go to port for polec and north have 2 x 1st rounders next year for kelly..;)

Someone had the answer..crows trade pick 19 and their 2019 1st round pick to north and north trade their 2018 1st rounder and 2019 2nd rounder to the crows..pick 19 and steak knives go to port for polec and north have 2 x 1st rounders next year for kelly..;)
Sounds good. Adelaide might need that extra first rounder if they want pick 1. Fancy pick 8, 11 and Galluci for 1 and 23?

Sounds good. Adelaide might need that extra first rounder if they want pick 1. Fancy pick 8, 11 and Galluci for 1 and 23?
I would do that deal as much as i like the gooch and how he is progressing he is replacable in our structure. And we would then be left with pick 13/14, 20 & 23 after the lynch compo...assuming no priority picks. Get some handy players with thos picks for sure

Polec is a troll, always has been since before he even joined port.. he will stay at port. Bank on it

They using his Melbourne girlfriend as a way to say he is leaving. His twin, Mum Dad, family, friends etc are all in Adelaide. I don’t buy that he will leave.

1. Melbourne definitely overpaid for Lever - Lever was over-hyped
2. Pretty sure Lever is on $850k or so? No one knows for sure what Polec being offered but if around $650-$700k it's a fair bit less
3. North's first pick is about right...maybe with a sweetener coming back to them. Or their 2019 1st if they expect to improve.

Polec is a troll, always has been since before he even joined port.. he will stay at port. Bank on it

They using his Melbourne girlfriend as a way to say he is leaving. His twin, Mum Dad, family, friends etc are all in Adelaide. I don’t buy that he will leave.

Can't really 'bank on' any player these days...there's been plenty of surprise trades in recent years.

Pretty big incentive if the dollars are far apart...eg North offering $650k x 5 vs Port offering $500k x 3.

Can't really 'bank on' any player these days...there's been plenty of surprise trades in recent years.

Pretty big incentive if the dollars are far apart...eg North offering $650k x 5 vs Port offering $500k x 3.
Let’s be honest no one here knows what’s being offered by anyone. Port knows Polec is important. I would be incredibly surprised if port haven’t bumped their initial offer up to try and keep him

Let's break this down to some basic facts.

Port Adelaide rate Polec as a 3 x $500K investment.

This is basically a 3rd tier contract.

Yet some of you folks reckon he is worth pick 8-10 alone or higher? Can you see how that makes no sense to a lot of people?

Mentions facts

Then makes a claim to what port will pay Polec and how they rate him

Way to show your colours

A contracted Brad Hill fetched pick 23, not a chance an uncontracted Polec fetches a top 10 pick.

Polec is a far better player than Brad was and will likely get paid twice as much. Brad was also going home, not getting chased by a desperate team throwing cash at good players

He's a free agent if Port can't get him to sign on the bottom line.

"Simple".

Yeah no he isn’t

He can’t sign with the team of his choice

North are desperate for him. That is obvious.

Polec wants to sign for port, has said so himself. It’s only the crazy money and length of deal that might, might sway him.

If you knew Polec like we port supporters do you will know that its really likely that if Polec even suspects it will come to psd he will sign with port. Not because he would be concerned with us but because he would not want to go through as a player that’s not worth being traded for.

Honestly north supporters. Your club has been throwing money hard at good players for years now.

You’re going hard after Polec

Are you really going to tell us that your club isn’t desperate to land Polec?

You would have to be some sort of monumental moron to think that north aren’t somewhere on the scale from incredibly keen to outright ****ing balls deep into this.

As if north are gonna lowball port and threaten psd or walk away. The only saving grace you will have is if you sign lynch or gaff that they would have landed a fish but it’s extremely unlikely that happens

Face it north fans. You’re club wants Polec. They want him bad. Polec wants port. Port wants Polec.

If you pry him loose it’s only from sheer desperation to get him. Good luck having the upper hand in that negotiation.

Mentions facts

Then makes a claim to what port will pay Polec and how they rate him

Way to show your colours

Polec is a far better player than Brad was and will likely get paid twice as much. Brad was also going home, not getting chased by a desperate team throwing cash at good players

Yeah no he isn’t

He can’t sign with the team of his choice

North are desperate for him. That is obvious.

Polec wants to sign for port, has said so himself. It’s only the crazy money and length of deal that might, might sway him.

If you knew Polec like we port supporters do you will know that its really likely that if Polec even suspects it will come to psd he will sign with port. Not because he would be concerned with us but because he would not want to go through as a player that’s not worth being traded for.
In what world is Polec “far better” than Brad Hill? That’s just your bias taking over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back