Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly north supporters. Your club has been throwing money hard at good players for years now.

You’re going hard after Polec

Are you really going to tell us that your club isn’t desperate to land Polec?

You would have to be some sort of monumental moron to think that north aren’t somewhere on the scale from incredibly keen to outright ******* balls deep into this.

As if north are gonna lowball port and threaten psd or walk away. The only saving grace you will have is if you sign lynch or gaff that they would have landed a fish but it’s extremely unlikely that happens

Face it north fans. You’re club wants Polec. They want him bad. Polec wants port. Port wants Polec.

If you pry him loose it’s only from sheer desperation to get him. Good luck having the upper hand in that negotiation.
Ok

Plus the very well known 1 Mill in the first year ??

What leverage, Carlton and StKilda want him and have picks before you in the PSD, if he goes there you will not get him.

It's not an addition to the overall contract sum, the contract is front loaded.

Why is this concept so hard for Port supporters to understand?

Year 1: $1,000,000
Year 2: $500,000
Year 3: $500,000
Year 4: $500,000
Year 5: $500,000

Total contract sum = $3,000,000

= 5 x $600k - Front Loaded.

Carlton and St Kilda aren't paying $1m for him in 2019.

It would be all over the papers already if that was the case.

This is why North have the leverage in a trade scenario.

I tried explaining that the other night.. like banging your head against a brick wall!..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the ballpark offers are actually to be believed, then why wouldn’t North being willing to pay to acquire him? I don’t understand the logic.

I'll pose the same question.

If Port are only willing to pay $500k x 3 for him, why would you expect the world for him?

Its not being unable to understand it that you're simply wrong. It If the total sum was 3Mil you'd be right, but it isn't, its considerably more than that. The offer is more than 3.5Mil

Its not being unable to understand it that you're simply wrong. It If the total sum was 3Mil you'd be right, but it isn't, its considerably more than that. The offer is more than 3.5Mil

Says who?

Nick Bowen who has broken the entire story has stated it's $600k x 5.

You can keep believing Channel 7 in Adelaide if you like.....

If Port are only willing to pay $500k x 3 for him, why would you expect the world for him?

Maybe when push comes to shove, rather than offering Polec something similar to the “large Victorian offers” he’s receiving, we would prefer to just take the first round pick?

The dual sided nature of this logic fails to register with some of the Port fans.

There's also talk of Carlton, StKilda or GC entering the discussion, with Port fans thinking they could get a better deal from those clubs. This is actually a worse scenario for Port if that happens, and they are fully fledged hallucinating if they think they are going to lift picks 1 to 5 from these clubs for Polec.

The Crows offered considerably than that for Lever but its Melbs offer that dictated his trade worth.

Lever was arguably the best young defender in the league and 21 years old.

You seem to struggle differentiating between Polec and the Lever & Weller situations.

Look up the Devon Smith deal as a possible reference.

He is one of our best players, I get people are bias to their own teams but turn it up. Pick 9 and possibly more is definitely on the table

I'll certainly be tuned into the Port board for the meltz then.....

In what world is Polec “far better” than Brad Hill? That’s just your bias taking over.

In the world that he averages far more disposals, is a far better kick, and can win his own ball.

I’ve already pointed out you are making shit up here.

Why do you feel the need to continually tell us what port will pay Polec when you have no idea ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back