Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

So a deal has been worked out and the clubs are just waiting for trade week? or he simply getting away from Ken real quick.

I'm nowhere near as convinced he is leaving as most here, but I'd say the most likely situation is he wants to go to St Kilda, Port wants to deal with St Kilda, but St Kilda isn't coming to the table in terms of money and years.

I'm nowhere near as convinced he is leaving as most here, but I'd say the most likely situation is he wants to go to St Kilda, Port wants to deal with St Kilda, but St Kilda isn't coming to the table in terms of money and years.
Im kinda the same. Wouldnt be shocked to see him sign on last minute.
Fight between where he wants to play and money.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm nowhere near as convinced he is leaving as most here, but I'd say the most likely situation is he wants to go to St Kilda, Port wants to deal with St Kilda, but St Kilda isn't coming to the table in terms of money and years
Sounds familiar

I would love for Polly to stay, but if he is offered something close to what is being reported then you can't blame him for wanting to leave.

What I will be pissed at though is if the club lets him go on a 5yr million $ contract and just say give us a 3rd rounder for him or Polly and our 3rd rounder for their 3rd rounder and a unknown player who is worse than an armless golfer. If Polly tells the club he wants out, given he is not a restricted or unrestrited free agent, the club must play hard ball. If St Kilda or North or whoever don't want to agree to our terms for the trade, then Polly either stays at PAFC on what the club offers him or goes in the draft. It is about time clubs stood up to all this player movement and took some control over the system again.

Makes a mockery of north fans he’ll walk to the psd bullshit

Does it look like he will leave port to wander through the draft north fans. What do you reckon? Lol

I'll just leave this here. Makes a mockery of Port fans thinking you'll get 2 first rounders or a 1st rounder and a player. What do you reckon? Lol.

Herald Sun:

North Melbourne and Port Adelaide are close to agreeing on a deal to send Jared Polec to Arden St.

The Kangas want to send pick No. 11 to Port for Polec and a second-round selection.

But the Power wants to instead send a third-round selection back to the Roos.

I'll just leave this here. Makes a mockery of Port fans thinking you'll get 2 first rounders or a 1st rounder and a player. What do you reckon? Lol.

Herald Sun:

North Melbourne and Port Adelaide are close to agreeing on a deal to send Jared Polec to Arden St.

The Kangas want to send pick No. 11 to Port for Polec and a second-round selection.

Personally I don’t think we’ll net more than 1x first out of this but “I read it in tha paper!” isn’t exactly the strongest argument.

Herald Sun:

Port do that Kangas deal they're more pathetic than I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly, both are be to taken with a grain of salt

but I'm not the one saying it makes a mokery of North fans thinking we'll trade polec for durdin and a 2nd rounder

You'll get our 1st and we'll get something back. That's how it will work.

Herald Sun:

Our second round selections are 21(worth 878 points) and 27(703). Thirds are 45(347) and 46(331). As the 11 pick is worth 1329 points then the North suggestion is you get Polec for 1329-878=451(pick 39) or 1329-703=626(pick 30). Even sending our last third back would mean 1329-331=998(pick 18). On this board over the years we have become frustrated with our team bending over at the trade table. The two first rounders wishes you would have met are the kind of thing you see on all boards. Free agent compo, if this came next year would be end of first round and most people agree free agent compo is unders. Pick 11 for Polec and a late third is fair.
Having said that, you will find that anyone here who is a realist will not be surprised if we send Polec and a second for 11.

also random side bar

its probably going to be pick 12 after lynch pick and Blakely bid

and if we give back our second round pick (which will be 30) on points that puts Polec's value at pick 30 which is ridiculous, to trade on of our best players for that will be insulting to the members.

I heard Tredders say Saints big bucks on da telly.

At least Tredrea has a connection to one of the clubs involved. You guys are circle jerking eachother about only offering Polec 600k a year. "I have a source but I can't tell ya who, just believe me, random internet person"

At least Tredrea has a connection to one of the clubs involved. You guys are circle jerking eachother about only offering Polec 600k a year. "I have a source but I can't tell ya who, just believe me, random internet person"

Random internet person who told us this was happening months before it was announced. :thumbsu:

Random internet person who told us this was happening months before it was announced. :thumbsu:
Say what you want but giving you Polec and one of our seconds for your first is overs and you know it

If it happens it says more about the weak kneed attitude at Port than it does about the equity of the deal

Say what you want but giving you Polec and one of our seconds for your first is overs and you know it

If it happens it says more about the weak kneed attitude at Port than it does about the equity of the deal

If Port accept that deal it is what he is worth. They would know better than a bunch of biased supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back