Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS were fairly generous in this deal. I know they wanted pick one but it cost them two firsts and a future second with rubbish picks coming back.
This is the problem with both GWS and GC, they’ve had so many top draft picks for their existence that they don't value them and treat them like lollies that they swap around with absolute disregard

Great deal for Port, they gave up no top top tier talents for a Generational talent. West coke absolutely spread their cheeks, caved to the flight risk excuse

I like this “Generational talent” that keeps get mentioned.

Like to get some clarity on it.

Is he going to be good as Dusty Martin, Nat Fyfe, Patrick Dangerfield, Gary Ablett Jr?

Is he going to be good as Dusty Martin, Nat Fyfe, Patrick Dangerfield, Gary Ablett Jr?
Better, if he's truly generational

Key word - Talent. No guarantee to be anything. Most would agree he is a generational talent.

Key word - Talent. No guarantee to be anything. Most would agree he is a generational talent.
Would they?

He looks to have a ton of potential but generational talent I don't think so.

Daicos is a mile in front of him currently..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On face value they look like they got reamed. Must be spooked by the go-home factor and are aiming for the local WA talent.
2 of Gibney Hewitt or Busslinger instead of a a Vic metro kid is probably in their eyes a good deal.

Gibney is the Clayton Oliver of this draft just shooting up the board

Would they?

He looks to have a ton of potential but generational talent I don't think so.

Daicos is a mile in front of him currently..
When was the last time SA delivered on producing a supposed "generational" talent?

I seem to recall both Lukosius and Rankine being called that...

2 of Gibney Hewitt or Busslinger instead of a a Vic metro kid is probably in their eyes a good deal.

Gibney is the Clayton Oliver of this draft just shooting up the board
Don't be discounting Darcy Jones he's potentially a big upgrade on Willie Rioli

I have no sympathy for North and well done for Port for jumping on an opportunity. This should serve as a warning to clubs who perhaps take an arrogant attitude into draft night by not even speaking to their number 1 target.
This is definitely all on North, it's not Port's fault that North made poor decisions. Congratulations to them for going all in, it's risky but it could pay off. We'll see in 10 years I guess. People on this board always want us to be aggressive at the trade table and to be fair I think we have Port just have been like wild animals in trade week the last few years, all started with the super draft, really turned a corner that week did Port, while we sat on our hands.

So depending on how you look at it, North either traded

Pick 1 for Pick 3 + a future first, with JHF being traded for 2 + a third round pick

Or

Pick 1 for Pick 3 + a third round pick, with JHF being traded for 2 + a future first

They got absolutely destroyed at the trade table
I assume they see it as the latter.

JHF for pick 2 and a future fist is mediocre but around the value range.

If the player they had at 1 is there 3 than it doesn’t matter to them, but jeez a good club would extract more value for that swap .

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back