Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise. They don't have much left. It wasnt what North were asking for but within the limits of the trade period they have given up a bit.
They gave up 2 firsts for a no 1 pick. The 2nd and 3rd rounder they lost this year balanced with getting them back next year. Plus they Rioli. The rest they gave up are ordinary picks.

They also have a midfield of Butters, Rozee and JHF for the next 10 years.....
Imagine watching this midfield for the next decade. You would be thrilled. Two elite midfielders and an A grader in Butters. Next year we will finish bottom 6 again so our 6th year of bottoming out and we don’t have a Butters on our list never mind elite midfielders. The damage our incompetent football department have done can never be understated. But as a supporter keep rocking up and having over your cash.

Port fans must be over the moon. I was hoping that it fell through and we made a big play for him next year. Doh!! Still ... I am hopeful that Rankin/Rachele/Soligo/TT/Fogarty start to light it up.

Clarko sitting at his desk first day on the job

This Is Fine GIF

Good trading by your mob, but your depth will be non existent soon with no draft picks in the first 3 rounds the next 2 years.
Also better hope his performances in the future match the hype to justify the cost..... our bid to get JHF last year would've cost us Rachele, Rankine and Dawson
They got 2023 2nd and 3rd rounders in the trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine watching this midfield for the next decade. You would be thrilled. Two elite midfielders and an A grader in Butters. Next year we will finish bottom 6 again so our 6th year of bottoming out and we don’t have a Butters on our list never mind elite midfielders. The damage our incompetent football department have done can never be understated. But as a supporter keep rocking up and having over your cash.
JHF might be an elite midfielder

GWS traded Picks 3, 12 and Pies F2 for pick 1

Essentially cancels Pick 3, Port F1 (~= pick 12) and pick 40 and 43 (~=Pies F2) that north have received in this deal.

Which means North have in essence traded a contracted JHF for pick 2. Shafted.

Yep, ignoring the 3rd rounders which may or may not be used, for NM it is essentially:

In: Pick 2, pick 3 and say, pick 12-15
Out: Pick 1, pick 1

Esava isnt AFL standard. There's a reason Geelong didn't play him.

Rioli is a bog average player.

JHF though.. well played Port.
I think both Junior and Esava can be game breakers
Esava is by far a better forward then Dixon ever was or will be
He's just been stuck behind some good KPF

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back