Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that when people are talking about draft picks they don’t mean too much - kind of like numbers on a piece of paper.

It’s different when you can put some names to those picks like the Crows can now. Looking at that silly offer last year - Dawson, Rachele and Rankine. My goodness what a haul of talent that is. Take all 3 away just for Horne? No

I think Ports will be happy now for sure. But it will be some time before it can be properly assessed. If Horne ends up a top 5 Player then fair enough. But it’s a lot of potential talent to trade away

This is definitely all on North, it's not Port's fault that North made poor decisions. Congratulations to them for going all in, it's risky but it could pay off. We'll see in 10 years I guess. People on this board always want us to be aggressive at the trade table and to be fair I think we have Port just have been like wild animals in trade week the last few years, all started with the super draft, really turned a corner that week did Port, while we sat on our hands.
The start of this post is pretty much what I think.
You can't begrudge port for anything. Everyone knew he didn't want to go out the state. Oh no, North (and Noble, the gift that keeps on taking lol) had to be too smart didn't they. Their stupidity is Ports gain. Good luck to them. As long as it isn't our stupidity or our loss I can't be too bothered about it.

As for Port being vastly superior at trading and drafting, still got my doubts on that one. This one fell in their lap. So one good drafting year and maybe two other good picks out of about 6 years of drafting. They seem to be dropping down the ladder, we seem to be going up it.

EDIT: I do admit this Rankine trade, in isolation (and noting it may stay in isolation) is a bit unders.

I didn't realise how dire Port's financial situation was.

Obvious they sold all their tvs, otherwise, they'd have steered cleared from someone with such attitude issues.

And it's obvious they sold all their ice baths as well, otherwise Jason wouldn't have committed to the club.

Well I wasnt alive then and I'm old so that's seriously worrying 🤣
I actually saw both Barry Robran and Graham Cornes play at the Central Oval in Port Augusta against my father's team Central Augusta when the Whyalla teams were part of the Spencer Gulf League before they headed to the big smoke, so I'm no youngster either.

Generational, overrated word. There is at least 1 in every draft these days.

Gets used way too often, almost as annoying as "unprecedented times" during that covid crap.

Generational, overrated word. There is at least 1 in every draft these days.

Gets used way too often, almost as annoying as "unprecedented times" during that covid crap.
Chayce Jones was generational in the draft that we took him in.

The only dud in The top 10 that year.

Really? You truly believe that?

We've done great with most draft picks in the last 5 plus years....

Now we've just bought in a past pick 1....

Who GAF about this year and next years draft then.... Regardless next year is 12 months away. Things can change.
Yep, your depth is absolutely shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That trade seems light on for North moving on two pick 1s.

Port and GWS stand out as the initial winners.
Depends, its more point value for north.

Its hard to judge if JHF if a top pick 1 from last year, didn't cover himself in glory, and seemed to have trouble dealing with adversity - so could just be homesick and unhappy, or could be something else.

How much value pick one has this year over 3 - I'm also not sure.

I don't think north will be unhappy with 2,3,40,43 + whatever port sit on next year (would of been pick 8 this year, but if they get better and make finals perhaps more like 12?).

I have no doubt they're estatic to get rid of JHF, the kid was cancer.

Or maybe he's just a cluey kid who realised straight away that North are a dysfunctional rabble. It's not as if he's responsible for where they find themselves. They have done this all on their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back