Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving watching JHF play the way he does, but its a bit of an indictment on the club that it takes a 19 year old kid to lead us out of the shit in several games this year. Boak was important in the Saints game, having struggled so far after hurting his ribs in the trial game and Ollie is struggling.

Then again, Alexander the Great was 19 when he started conquering Europe, Africa and Asia and there is a reason why conscription starts at 19.

I only saw Buckley play 1 game live in 1992 before I moved to Sydney and it wasn't anything special, but the highlights I have watched of his 1992 I can see similarities with JHF and then I watched a lot of his 1993 season with the Brisbane Bears. JHF has a lot of his style and obviously singled minded approach to footy. And Buckley got booed by oppo fans a fair bit, to put him off his game and they played on his FIGJAM nickname / personality as a reason to do it, when in the 1990's and early naughties we were a lot less politically correct society than today.

JHF is his own man. I've written before he has the young bull attitude of Ollie in the first couple of seasons with the toughness, skill and footy smarts of Roger James, but it wont be long before we all say JHF is just JHF. I couldn't give a shit if he never wins an umpires award.

Mark Taylor on Sports Sunday ridiculed people who go the games to boo Horne Francis. He couldn't understand the mentality of people who work all week, go to the football to enjoy themselves and prepare by hoping one player gets the ball so they can boo him. Get a life.
I'd like those oxygen thieves who boo JHF to answer one question - what's the difference between him leaving North, and Hopper & Taranto deserting the Giants? Players change clubs all the time, so why is JHF's case such an extraordinary event?

View attachment 1674314

thats YOU he's talking about. This needs to stop.

There was a guy hoping he gets cancer and dies last night. Came back 2 hours later and doubled down. They're not right in the head. Occasionally something a bit off gets posted here and someone like Ford comes in, waves a finger, and does a 'disappointed in you' act. Based on what is left up on their board, you'd think they didn't have mods.

why is JHF's case such an extraordinary event?

Because they would have to accept some ugly truths about their club culture and I don't think they are really ready for that.

I think there will be some fall out at the end of this year that will give a greater context to the circumstances that lead JHF to leave when he did.

Because they would have to accept some ugly truths about their club culture and I don't think they are really ready for that.

I think there will be some fall out at the end of this year that will give a greater context to the circumstances that lead JHF to leave when he did.
I also think Jason wasn't prepared to wait until the age of 45 to play his first final.

There was a guy hoping he gets cancer and dies last night. Came back 2 hours later and doubled down. They're not right in the head. Occasionally something a bit off gets posted here and someone like Ford comes in, waves a finger, and does a 'disappointed in you' act. Based on what is left up on their board, you'd think they didn't have mods.

I'm only protecting you guys from yourselves 😉

That was me he said it to

I thought my trolls on their board were pretty light hearted, but they’re just very bitter, sad little men over there.

Incredible these people get to vote and breed.

Why does Tanner Bruhn not cop it as well? You could argue he did worse, leaving to go "home" to go play for the premiers. Was also a first round draft pick. Of course nothing mentioned at all in the media about that one.

Literally zero mentioned

It’s just bizarre

Victorians will always have an excuse for why it’s apples v oranges though.

It’s impossible to argue with narcissists

Why does Tanner Bruhn not cop it as well? You could argue he did worse, leaving to go "home" to go play for the premiers. Was also a first round draft pick. Of course nothing mentioned at all in the media about that one.
Not number 1 pick.

But yeah Tom Boyd didn't cop this shit when he left GWS on a $7mil - 7 year deal after 1 season. But he was going home to the bosom of Victorian football media and personalities so that was all acceptable to the mob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then again, Alexander the Great was 19 when he started conquering Europe, Africa and Asia and there is a reason why conscription starts at 19.

I’m all for creating a Hellenic link to anything. Therefore, I believe a rebrand is in order, Port Adelaide Argonauts, led by Captain Jason

THIS.

In the real world if a company kept losing major contracts, was continually uncompetitive year after year and then lost its star graduate recruit after just a year to a major competitor, you would think that the shareholders of that company would start to ask some serious questions of their company's management and culture rather than trolling competitors and past employees.

But North are operating like a sheltered workshop whose supporters blame everyone else but their own club for its sustained incompetence.

And now the financial lifeline given to them by the Tasmanian Government is about to be cut. And another wooden spoon looms large despite the hope that forking out millions for a former premiership coach could actually turn things around on field.

And rather than demanding an external review of the culture and management competence at Arden Street, their supporter base is engaged in an ongoing campaign of juvenile booing of a teenager and attacking the supporters of the club that, unlike theirs, is actually a destination club for talent.

And hours after yet another massive and embarrassing loss they have supporters on BF openly admitting they are looking forward to verbally abusing a teenager when they play us in Hobart next month - the result of the game inconsequential. It is bordering on psychopathic behaviour.

The obvious conclusion is that the North supporter base is an integral part of the deep seated cultural problems that have made North the basket case of the AFL.

Last edited:

But the fact that it’s not just Norf people booing him is unprecedented as far as I know.

He didn’t merely betray North, he betrayed Victoria. That’s what really burns them.

Not number 1 pick.

But yeah Tom Boyd didn't cop this s**t when he left GWS on a $7mil - 7 year deal after 1 season. But he was going home to the bosom of Victorian football media and personalities so that was all acceptable to the mob.

It’s going to be so ironic when Western Bulldogs flogs boo him in Round 13 at Marvel.

THIS.

In the real world if a company kept losing major contracts, was continually uncompetitive year after year and then lost its star graduate recruit after just a year to a major competitor, you would think that the shareholders of that company would start to ask some serious questions of their company's management and culture rather than trolling competitors and past employees.

But North are operating like a sheltered workshop whose supporters blame everyone else but their own club for its sustained incompetence.

And now the financial lifeline given to them by the Tasmanian Government is about to be cut. And another wooden spoon looms large despite the hope that forking out millions for a former premiership coach could actually turn things around on field.

And rather than demanding an external review of the culture and management competence at Arden Street, their supporter base is engaged in an ongoing campaign of juvenile booing of a teenager and attacking the supporters of the club that, unlike theirs, is actually a destination club for talent.

And hours after yet another massive and embarrassing loss they have supporters on BF openly admitting they are looking forward to verbally abusing a teenager when they play us in Hobart next month - the result of the game inconsequential. It is bordering on psychopathic behaviour.

The obvious conclusion is that the North supporter base is an integral part of the deep seated cultural problems that have made North the basket case of the AFL.
Yes apparently their treatment of him when we play North will be the likes of which has never been seen before..wow epic. 🤣
If they put ice bath on their banner like some are suggesting I guess we could put a big bag of salt or a massive Thank You on ours. 😉
No doubt the coaches will tell the players to settle down though.

The only way Jonas will get my respect this season is when he knocks out a few North players in Tasmania and gets 1 month suspension by the AFL. It will really be a win win situation for us. North and their idiotic supporters can get stuffed!
If norf players go the biff Jonas needs to be the first in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back