Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw Jason Horne-Francis at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
On the podium for best copy and pastas

How’s that deathriding Ports first round draft pick looking currently north dickheads?
I love how they have renamed the thread to include "currently not important what pick it is".

The copium they are huffing is causing brain damage

Thanks yeah I realise that. I also have kayo. Was just interested in the 7 after match stuff from last night, which isn't on either.
You can find it all on the 7plus app. Once youre in the app look for sport or afl and they have each club and the after match stuff they've done with each team. If you specifically want yesterday's post game go to "after the siren" and you'll find it. Our Friday night wins you'll find under roaming Brian.

Just saw Lore's provisional draft order and Norf have our pick 18 for JHF. If that continues, its hard to say we paid too much for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s pretty obvious from watching him that he’s a very gifted footballer. I think though there are legitimate questions to be asked whether we’re making the most of his talent. He has terrific composure and vision but he doesn’t see enough of it. Currently he’s at <18 disposals per game average, i reckon we need him to up it by at least fifty percent, and as a team we’d be much better for it.

it’s pretty obvious from watching him that he’s a very gifted footballer. I think though there are legitimate questions to be asked whether we’re making the most of his talent. He has terrific composure and vision but he doesn’t see enough of it. Currently he’s at <18 disposals per game average, i reckon we need him to up it by at least fifty percent, and as a team we’d be much better for it.
Has had a couple of down weeks no doubt but big picture, he compares favourably to the likes of Petracca for output at same age so we’re on a winner, just a matter of time…

There’s no doubt that at the moment his game is predominantly based on the inside stuff and contest, much as Rowell’s has been. He won’t get the possessions yet of Butters, Rozee, Daicos, Dawson etc because he is still building the endurance and fitness base needed for repeated running to get free on the outside and to give and receive. His contested work is good but he’s getting caught more and more as opponents know what to expect from him. On the few occasions where he has dominated over quarters (vs WB AO) or matches (vs Bris and StK), he has been better at timing his run to the drop of the ball from hit outs so he hits the contest at pace.

His contested work is good but he’s getting caught more and more as opponents know what to expect from him.

They've also been targeting him, as they should, which is giving Butters, Rozee and Drew a little more time and space.

There’s no doubt that at the moment his game is predominantly based on the inside stuff and contest, much as Rowell’s has been. He won’t get the possessions yet of Butters, Rozee, Daicos, Dawson etc because he is still building the endurance and fitness base needed for repeated running to get free on the outside and to give and receive. His contested work is good but he’s getting caught more and more as opponents know what to expect from him. On the few occasions where he has dominated over quarters (vs WB AO) or matches (vs Bris and StK), he has been better at timing his run to the drop of the ball from hit outs so he hits the contest at pace.
Think he's been the recipient of some extremely tough HTB calls too.

Yeah, the Hornet is playing with unbridled power and force and teams are sweating off him and hitting him hard when he gets the ball even to the point of giving free kicks away which the umpires don't want to give.

He will need to bring a bit more skill and agility to his stoppage work instead of relying solely on his core strength and power.

Interestingly, I saw that he played the most amount in the centre bounces against the Bombers for all midfielders. I was really surprised because he wasn't that influential in the game and I thought his CBA numbers would be down when they were very up.

Fingers crossed but I would love to see the Hornet and the Iceberg who are both mates working their butts off to smash it in the midfield next year.

And on Bergman, 6 touches in a defensive effort. Yeah, he kept his guys quiet but he has so much more to offer.

Given his skill with ball in hand if he ever were to be that player that got over 30 I he’s per game he would end up being the best player to play the game ever

He’s so elite

While I agree with your sentiment, he’s in year 2 after leg surgery. Full preseason and he will no doubt be fitter and stronger and be able to run even harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back