Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s pretty obvious from watching him that he’s a very gifted footballer. I think though there are legitimate questions to be asked whether we’re making the most of his talent. He has terrific composure and vision but he doesn’t see enough of it. Currently he’s at <18 disposals per game average, i reckon we need him to up it by at least fifty percent, and as a team we’d be much better for it.

He's season 1-3 Dangerfield.... All contested, all inside.

The minute he gets some outside ball, look out. It'll come.

I understand that but the bye was only a couple of weeks ago.

In an ideal world he would have had a couple weeks off and a 4 week build up to restart his season but it's not an ideal world. We manage him and hope he's firing come finals.

At his age a poor pre-season is a really big deal.

JHF is having pretty much the same career trajectory as Dangerfield. High proportion of contested possessions, lot of time playing up forward, few massive highlights here and there but generally lacking consistency both in games and across the season.

It wasn't until Dangerfield's fourth year where he had built up his tank that he was chucked into the midfield full time and started to dominate each week.

I have no concerns with JHF at all. Will need at least another year, particularly given limited off-season, but will continue to contribute here and there and do some spectacular things in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re getting about as much as we should expect from him now.
He’ll have occasional inspirational moments of brilliance but is unlikely to be a dominant contributor in too many of our remaining games this year. As long as he can step up in key moments when we need him most (eg last minutes of the games against Melbourne and Bulldogs), then he’ll bring great value to our campaign. We need more from Boak and Wines, good form from Duursma when he returns, and Butters at his absolute best when we play the big games.

Really highlights how well Naicos is going but then again he didn't have to go through Norf deprogramming.
He also didnt have surgery in November and bugger all preseason. He is also a freak so there's that as well (still think JHF will be our Daicos, it's going to be fantastic to watch them both over the next ten plus years.

Think he would do well with a refresher break for a week soon. His tackle, disposal and mark numbers are down the last 4 weeks which is an indication he’s likely tiring (and rightfully so given his lack of a PS).

Depending on how we go this next 3 weeks, I’d probably look to rest him from the trip to GMHBA if we can lock up top 2 by then. Leaves him with 4 weeks straight in Adelaide and an extra refresher going into the pointy end of the year before another bye before finals to have him flying.

He’s been excellent for a young kid with no PS this year but also no shame in tapping him on the shoulder to have a rest for a week.

Crowie was blaming JHF for our huge free kick discrepancy yesterday
Yes - I can see that the extra ONE free every FIVE ROUNDS is the single most influential factor in us having a frees differential of 8 to 10 less than the oppo each and every week.

Absolute analytical genius young Rowe. 🤪🙄

Yes - I can see that the extra ONE free every FIVE ROUNDS is the single most influential factor in us having a frees differential of 8 to 10 less than the oppo each and every week.

Absolute analytical genius young Rowe. 🤪🙄

I think there may be TWO factors:

Our players give the umps more disrespect than other teams do

and/or

Our fans give the umps more disrespect than other supporters do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back