Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said before, the hornet came to us from arguably the worst AFL environment in decades, he had little to no preseason, he had operations to both legs before he played a game for the PAFC, and he has had to cope with an enormous amount of ridiculous emotional pressure for daring to question and eventually leave that toxic environment.

The last situation in particular which was fired up by people who should have known better (ie King) and then picked up by brain dead oppo supporters, many of whom wouldn't have given a fat rat's clacker if norf had disappeared around the `S' bend to oblivion last millenium, would have seen many a 19 yo give the game away in disgust, but our bloke is clearly made of sterner stuff than most.

There is little doubt Daicos is a once in a generation player but so is our bloke, and I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the comp!

As has been said before, the hornet came to us from arguably the worst AFL environment in decades, he had little to no preseason, he had operations to both legs before he played a game for the PAFC, and he has had to cope with an enormous amount of ridiculous emotional pressure for daring to question and eventually leave that toxic environment.

The last situation in particular which was fired up by people who should have known better (ie King) and then picked up by brain dead oppo supporters, many of whom wouldn't have given a fat rat's clacker if norf had disappeared around the `S' bend to oblivion last millenium, would have seen many a 19 yo give the game away in disgust, but our bloke is clearly made of sterner stuff than most.

There is little doubt Daicos is a once in a generation player but so is our bloke, and I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the comp!
What about if we could get Rory Atkins from the SUNS on a 4 year deal?

Huge hypothetical here but I like hypotheticals......if you could swap JHF for Nick Daicos would you do it? I would.

They're both freakish talents and young stars but if I could only take one of them I'd have Nick Daicos....just.
Daicos is the best uncontested ball player I can remember, especially considering his age. He gets into great dangerous positions, he has great vision which allows him to see possibilities that nobody else does, and has such extraordinary ball use that he can hit targets and do things with the ball that nobody else can. And he does all this several times a game.

But after Saturday’s game, there are definite questions about his contested ball ability, especially when under pressure. He also doesn’t seem to have a defensive game. But he’s only 20, and has plenty of time to strengthen these aspects of his game. And given his ridiculous amount of sheer talent, you’d expect him to develop a great all-round game in a short time.

On the other hand, uncontested ball players usually get worked out by opposition at some stage. Once this happens, they become less effective.

JHF is, at this stage, the better contested ball player, and has the better defensive game - he chases, he tackles, he smothers, he blocks etc. (which I haven’t seen Daicos do as much). Daicos (if left alone) grabs the attention more often during a game, and is at this stage the more effective. But JHF is in my opinion a more complete player at this stage, which is a much more difficult thing.

When he gets respect from the umpires he will get better too.

No now it’s repeating, but because he doesn’t stage he gets HTB called against him and far fewer frees than he would if he did.

You might wanna tell Rozee then, who said Boak is his mentor and the guy he clearly looks up to.

Not to mention Christian Petracca and Touk Miller who both openly praise Boak for helping them raise their game to new levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about if we could get Rory Atkins from the SUNS on a 4 year deal?
You had me at "Rory"!!

bow down 30 rock GIF

JHF is, at this stage, the better contested ball player, and has the better defensive game - he chases, he tackles, he smothers, he blocks etc. (which I haven’t seen Daicos do as much). Daicos (if left alone) grabs the attention more often during a game, and is at this stage the more effective. But JHF is in my opinion a more complete player at this stage, which is a much more difficult thing.
But but…. Kingy told me that JHF is lazy and doesn’t chase / tackle. If they had vision of Daicos doing the same, Im sure King would highlight it wouldn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back