Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet there'll be plenty this week from the classy AFC crowd.

We hate you for coming back to Adelaide

We hate Jake Lever for leaving Adelaide

We hate Matt Crouch for staying in Adelaide

Booooo booooo cheat cheat cheat

Jason makes us a better side. He needed a rest but he made a difference yet again in a critical game. Has an absolutely undeniable will to win and freakish talent. Can't wait to see him with a full pre-season and more experience.

It didn’t come off through no fault of his own but that pick up, acceleration through traffic and poise to hit up Farrell at the death is as clear indication of an absolute top line talent as any.

To have the composure and skill to not just blaze away but also perfectly hit up a player inside 50 is something not many player could or would do.

Shame he didn’t hold the mark and slot the goal as that set up would be getting spoken about a lot more if so.

It’s been a long time since we’ve had someone who will just grab the team by the scruff of the neck and take ownership in big moments.

He went head to head with Daicos (last quarter) and DeGoey (first half) and won his share of those battles. Also used the ball better than he has for the past month and looked sharper and quicker again. I thought it was a very encouraging return to fitness and form. If he can improve even more on that, it’ll make us so much more potent at the end of this year.

Huge hypothetical here but I like hypotheticals......if you could swap JHF for Nick Daicos would you do it? I would.

They're both freakish talents and young stars but if I could only take one of them I'd have Nick Daicos....just.

Huge hypothetical here but I like hypotheticals......if you could swap JHF for Nick Daicos would you do it? I would.

They're both freakish talents and young stars but if I could only take one of them I'd have Nick Daicos....just.
Carn. Daicos is clearly the better player now and probably into the future.

Doesn’t mean JHF can’t also be a star

He went head to head with Daicos (last quarter) and DeGoey (first half) and won his share of those battles. Also used the ball better than he has for the past month and looked sharper and quicker again. I thought it was a very encouraging return to fitness and form. If he can improve even more on that, it’ll make us so much more potent at the end of this year.
If he had long stocks in his boots he would have played twice as well imo the amount of times he slips over is outrageous

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

1690282656577.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as Daicos is and will be, I expect JHF to be just as good and ultimately even better. It will still take him another 2-3 years to get anywhere near the peak of his powers, but with the right examples being set by Rozee and Butters, this might happen even sooner. Horne-Francis has every individual quality in his game that makes Daicos a young superstar. The difference at the moment is health/fitness, match experience and the headstart that Daicos had by being in a better and more supportive environment, under an excellent coach, in 2022. If Horne-Franics learns quickly to prepare himself as professionally as Daicos, Ashcroft, Petracca, Boak and Rozee are all reported to, then he'll overtake everyone.

As good as Daicos is and will be, I expect JHF to be just as good and ultimately even better. It will still take him another 2-3 years to get anywhere near the peak of his powers, but with the right examples being set by Rozee and Butters, this might happen even sooner. Horne-Francis has every individual quality in his game that makes Daicos a young superstar. The difference at the moment is health/fitness, match experience and the headstart that Daicos had by being in a better and more supportive environment, under an excellent coach, in 2022. If Horne-Franics learns quickly to prepare himself as professionally as Daicos, Ashcroft, Petracca, Boak and Rozee are all reported to, then he'll overtake everyone.
The difference is that Daicos already has an elite tank (and credit to him)

JHF will be pound for pound the strongest player in the league when he matures.

Thirty games ago half this board including myself was getting ready to write off “ringa ringa” rozee as a bust. Then we had many complaining that Butters hadn’t really come on as hoped. JHF is 19, about 25 games in, having come off an interrupted and operative pre season and with all the trauma of changing clubs and then having to perform as the pantomime villain. He is tracking pretty well.

The last thing we need is for Boak to infect Jason with the good-bloke-work-life-balance mind virus.
He must have done that to Rozee last off season when they went to the US because he is having a shocking season and credits Boak with where he is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back