Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started slowly and got caught holding the ball quite a bit but stepped in the second half especially in the forward line. He makes things happen. Just have to find the right balance of playing forward and midfield.
I think he tries too hard and takes on too much responsibility early in games. The oppo is fresh and at him early on in games.

I think he tries too hard and takes on too much responsibility early in games. The oppo is fresh and at him early on in games.

But his aggressiveness early on is one very reason why the Oppo gets worn down. He just has an engine that will keep going.

How many games has this guy already won for us in less than two seasons? He's destined for greatness. Will be our greatest ever, I'm practically certain of that. You can't teach or train what he has. He's a winner, it's as simple as that. If we don't win a flag whilst he's playing for us we never will.

How many games has this guy already won for us in less than two seasons? He's destined for greatness. Will be our greatest ever, I'm practically certain of that. You can't teach or train what he has. He's a winner, it's as simple as that. If we don't win a flag whilst he's playing for us we never will.

But where is his mountain of meaningless stats that defines true greatness to the Vic media

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

He is quietly, probably the most underrated superstar in the competition.

Always impacting the game unless held on to in the midfield and up forward.
A lot of the focus gets put on Nick Daicos as the best out of the draft, and it’s not for no reason. The success he’s been involved with is out of this world. For these younger blokes it seems there’s only room for one guy per draft class to be the focus of the wider league, and usually it’s pick 1, but there’s exceptions. In this case, going to a big and soon to be successful club in Collingwood, Nick Daicos has taken that place, and JHF earned a sort of villain status in most eyes meaning people are reluctant to admit just how good he is at football. For me though, I’ll have it this way. Let his footy do the talking, quietly become a star while Butters and Rozee take the limelight, and eventually be the best player in the league.

A lot of the focus gets put on Nick Daicos as the best out of the draft, and it’s not for no reason. The success he’s been involved with is out of this world. For these younger blokes it seems there’s only room for one guy per draft class to be the focus of the wider league, and usually it’s pick 1, but there’s exceptions. In this case, going to a big and soon to be successful club in Collingwood, Nick Daicos has taken that place, and JHF earned a sort of villain status in most eyes meaning people are reluctant to admit just how good he is at football. For me though, I’ll have it this way. Let his footy do the talking, quietly become a star while Butters and Rozee take the limelight, and eventually be the best player in the league.
Honestly think Daicos has done him a massive favour. Doesn't look that way now, but it will in 10 years.

JHF is never going to be out of the limelight

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone has said it already but he's dominated quietly as it is but when he gets his legs and a bit more beef, it is game over. When we get a better gameplan, his game will go into overdrive.

If we get an early pick, I would love to pick up Josh Smilie as they have a similar type of profile.

Whenever the Sex Panther get the chance to impact, he pounces.

Let's giff it up.

mad jaguar GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A decade of rare air for JHF.

This doesn't surprise me because the Hornet impacts in the midfield but also quite a lot in the forward line.

In fact, apart from the form of Rioli and Georgiades, he's our 3rd best forward this year and he plays mainly midfield.

It shows you how good the Sex Panther has played but also unfortunately the lack of talent, hardness and old age our forward line is constructed with.

Good on you, Duckman.

The thing about the Hornet is that he actually, not in a bad way, has a very slightly effeminate way in which his body moves, almost like a big cat like a panther or tiger, which makes his masculine force all the more irresistible on the park. He has a pounce like element to his game and wild animal nature that needs to be honed in.

Good on you, Duckman.

The thing about the Hornet is that he actually, not in a bad way, has a very slightly effeminate way in which his body moves, almost like a big cat like a panther or tiger, which makes his masculine force all the more irresistible on the park. He has a pounce like element to his game and wild animal nature that needs to be honed in.

Some even say he has the Kavorka, or "the lure of the animal"

Good on you, Duckman.

I think we should call him roller

I think we should call him roller
When in doubt.

What I will say is that I will usually call the Hornet and on occasion a derivation thereforth but when the mood strikes, when I'm overcome, where excellence meets power, then the Sex Panther naturally froths forth, just like in the fourth quarter when he kicked the go ahead goal against the Blues.

Encumber the Sex Panther at your own risk.

Last edited:

A decade of rare air for JHF.

I'm the #1 JHF ticket holding fan and will fight anyone for the the title

But that stat is a bit shit. Would be because he's categorised as a mid by Champion data but spends huge amounts of time forward. Really should be MID/FWD

Edit - soz just saw Promontory Lad say the same thing

I'm the #1 JHF ticket holding fan and will fight anyone for the the title

But that stat is a bit shit. Would be because he's categorised as a mid by Champion data but spends huge amounts of time forward. Really should be MID/FWD

Edit - soz just saw Promontory Lad say the same thing
Nah - when he's forward he plays as a deep forward target. So if the playing forward were to bias this statistic, it would simply be because he's a phenomenal target up forward (i.e. kicks a goal any time he's targeted) and therefore the stat is still very good.

Still think this stat is influenced heavily by how good he is as an attacking midfielder.

Nah - when he's forward he plays as a deep forward target. So if the playing forward were to bias this statistic, it would simply be because he's a phenomenal target up forward (i.e. kicks a goal any time he's targeted) and therefore the stat is still very good.

Still think this stat is influenced heavily by how good he is as an attacking midfielder.
I think the final kick is counted in that stat though eg the score itself

Not discrediting JHF by any means but is a very long bow to state he's the best attacking midfielder in a decade because of a percentage of possessions that result in a score when a significant number of those possessions would be while he's actually playing as a forward.

Depending on the way the game is going he also starts as a centre mid then goes straight forward immediately after that clearance a lot of the time. So the fact he was at a centre bounce puts him in the midfielder category but really he's a hybrid - and a very very good one at that.

I'm arguing against categorising him solely and only as a mid, not that he isn't amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back