Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t blame him for getting frustrated. The way he gets ignored by the umpires and it constantly on the other end of being dragged, held and constantly jumper punched in the face and completely ignored, no wonder he has moments.

It’s a disgrace at times what the opposition can do to target him in front of the umpires and he gets nothing. Then he retaliates and gets pinged immediately.

The eagerness of some parts of the media to bash the living shit out of him based on a poor performance and ill-discipline in one game, when he's actually been pretty good this season in general, is a bit over the top.
This happens when the senior coach starts the pile on. His antics on the bench and comments in the press conference were nothing short of disgraceful. There is nothing he won't do or say to divert scrutiny or criticism of himself. Why doesn't this bastard get called out?

This happens when the senior coach starts the pile on. His antics on the bench and comments in the press conference were nothing short of disgraceful. There is nothing he won't do or say to divert scrutiny or criticism of himself. Why doesn't this bastard get called out?
He should have used the question in yesterday's press conference about this to shine light on the way that JHF is umpired and how it is understandably a source of frustration. Yes, he needs to work on his reaction to it and get better, but if the umpires were onto the scragging tactics from the outset and if he got the free kicks that he deserves, his focus could remain on the footy more easily.

Having said that, my own view is that JHF lost focus because he just wasn't having a good day. His very first fumble in the first 5 minutes of the game when he had clear space and a bouncing ball in front of him at the 50 m arc was a sign of things to come. He then never got into it until late in the second quarter with that sublime mark and goal. By that time, we were 3 goals down and his frustration was overflowing.

He should have used the question in yesterday's press conference about this to shine light on the way that JHF is umpired and how it is understandably a source of frustration. Yes, he needs to work on his reaction to it and get better, but if the umpires were onto the scragging tactics from the outset and if he got the free kicks that he deserves, his focus could remain on the footy more easily.

Having said that, my own view is that JHF lost focus because he just wasn't having a good day. His very first fumble in the first 5 minutes of the game when he had clear space and a bouncing ball in front of him at the 50 m arc was a sign of things to come. He then never got into it until late in the second quarter with that sublime mark and goal. By that time, we were 3 goals down and his frustration was overflowing.
Agree. Hinkley's comments do give the media a green light though. It's pathetic by him.

Unfortunately this is just JHF's penalty for the crime of insulting Victorian football. He will carry the super villain tag for his whole career. Nobody will want to acknowledge when he plays well and everybody will want to pile on when he doesn't or when he does something wrong.

lol yeah it’s all a conspiracy against poor Jason. Feck me I love him as a player but I can’t figure out how this is everyone else’s fault or even applauded behaviour.

Hardwick got his players to play the exact role he played in the 2004 gf, which was sucking the lions players into doing something stupid. Who could forget the 12 point play Hardwick executed by simply getting into the face of a dopey akermanis.

He won 2 other frees that day and gave away none, just by outsmarting his opponents.

We were overall elite at getting under the lions skins that day, brown and lynch completely lost the plot. It played a huge part on us getting the win.

We played hard and tough that day but we also kept our cool for most part.

No one is asking horny to reign in his passion or appetite for the contest but I don’t see how it’s hanging him out to dry by saying he needs to do better. It’s a very obvious observation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol yeah it’s all a conspiracy against poor Jason. Feck me I love him as a player but I can’t figure out how this is everyone else’s fault or even applauded behaviour.

Hardwick got his players to play the exact role he played in the 2004 gf, which was sucking the lions players into doing something stupid. Who could forget the 12 point play Hardwick executed by simply getting into the face of a dopey akermanis.

He won 2 other frees that day and gave away none, just by outsmarting his opponents.

We were overall elite at getting under the lions skins that day, brown and lynch completely lost the plot. It played a huge part on us getting the win.

We played hard and tough that day but we also kept our cool for most part.

No one is asking horny to reign in his passion or appetite for the contest but I don’t see how it’s hanging him out to dry by saying he needs to do better. It’s a very obvious observation.

Ok Helen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the energy should be channeled towards the football.

Turn a bloody stupid action that causes a free kick and goal against that costs the whole club, into a potential goal FOR the club.

Completely missing the point. He is a great player, probably our best with Butters but both of them are much better players when their heads are in the game. His talent is not a problem, but his attitude can be.
You’re missing the point.
He’s a winner, you’re acting like a woke loser like the coach.

He hates losing and sometimes it boils over, stiff shit?

Lol woke loser because i don't want our players giving away ridiculous free kicks, 50 metre penalties and goals up in close games.

Not sure how giving away 2 goals due to ill-discipline is a "winners" mentality. He was having a poor game and put himself above his teammates / the club by being undisciplined. To put it as he cares too much, or he done it because he's a winner is crap.

Fortunately he's come a long way in the past 18 months and I'm confident he'll learn and grow from this as well. But you can also be critical of it and demand our players be better in these instances.

Horne-Francis would have to be the most Port Adelaide person currently at Alberton along with Tredrea.

Shame on you Hinkley, you would throw one of your best players under the bus to make yourself look good for the cameras.

Pity you weren't that tough on Kane Cornes when he left his team mates in the lurch to become a failed fire boy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back