Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the final kick is counted in that stat though eg the score itself

Not discrediting JHF by any means but is a very long bow to state he's the best attacking midfielder in a decade because of a percentage of possessions that result in a score when a significant number of those possessions would be while he's actually playing as a forward.

Depending on the way the game is going he also starts as a centre mid then goes straight forward immediately after that clearance a lot of the time. So the fact he was at a centre bounce puts him in the midfielder category but really he's a hybrid - and a very very good one at that.

I'm arguing against categorising him solely and only as a mid, not that he isn't amazing.

I mean yes but at the same time there have been plenty of out and out superstars who have played a similar role at various times throughout the past decade and not achieved those numbers - Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Christian Petracca, etc. The impact he has on games is at times astounding.

This kid is already elite. There aren’t many players I can remember anywhere near as good as him at such an early age. Keep going you good thing
Buckley
Wanganeen
Tragenza

What stood out to me tonight was his calmness and composure around the ball. Didn't try to blaze away and cover himself in glory, didn't get involved in little fights off the ball or give away dumb free kicks.

In some ways he went under the radar tonight and just went about his business out of the spotlight.

12 score involvements, 3 goal assists and 1 goal himself. He just oozes damage

It's like some mornings he wakes up and thinks I'm going to tear a game apart tonight.

If Sydney weren't allowed to hang onto him off the ball all night who knows what he might have done.

Gets no protection from the umps, doesn't care.

pastmyprimus mentioned the Multiverse, JHF is Dr Strange as he appears seemingly from nowhere to clean up a ground ball or take a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're an opposition coach you are absolutely frightened of what this guy is going to do when he gets his hands on the football. He's pretty much a top 10 player in the league already and is still improving.
Imagine if he fires in a finals series with Wines, Drew and Butters also keeping up their end of the bargain. We don’t lose if that happens.

As someone said earlier he doesn't go with the choice that basks himself in glory, will always go for the best option

And he'll wait for that best option, even if he's being tackled he times his release to perfection to unlock the defence.

He's a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back