List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were in Wells shoes, what would be the final trade you offered? How would it have been better? Where did Geelong finish now and in 2023 in such a scenario? How much improved were 2024-2028 going to be?
You know wells wanted to walk away from the trade right?

It was a poorly handled trade by Geelong. Wells nearly walked. It caused a lot of fighting amongst the list management/recruiting team. It has worked out but we could have ended up with a much better deal.

Its a fine line between brilliant success and stupendous failure... be tough to try to get a better outcome now..especially if Henry lands back at the club and we get Bowes and 7
It would be like the trade almost did not happen.. and we got Cameron as a FA

Jezza is 10x the player Stoneham ever was, especially after Stoneham broke his leg.

For the last 5 years of his career Stoneham was rubbish - he'd have his 1 or 2 games per season when he kick 3-4 goals but the rest of the time he averaged about 4 kicks and 3 marks per game (or at least it sure felt like it). One of my least favourite Geelong players of all time - overrated, arrogant and a rabid Tory.
No one is rating stoneham post broken leg. Stoneham had lots of injury issues in the years before his broken leg too. i dont think we ever properly saw him at his peak for a sustained period.

but when stoneham was playing injury free he was simply awesome. Take the 4 weeks after he came back from an injury layoff at the end of 1993.

Western Bulldogs supporters used to say that about Boyd and all it got them next was a humiliating defeat in the 2021 grand final, you know as the saying goes 1 in the hand in worth three in the bush... we could have had three in the bush with though we would have lost the two smaller bushes a year later so its getting a little confusing on how to value it.

I'd say the break even is 2 flags as Cameron should be > than Boyd.
Cameron is already ahead of boys because Boyd only really won WB one game off his own boot. (GF) but Jez won multiple along the entire season to get us to the GF in the first place. Jez has already been a success under any measure.

Its a fine line between brilliant success and stupendous failure... be tough to try to get a better outcome now..especially if Henry lands back at the club and we get Bowes and 7
It would be like the trade almost did not happen.. and we got Cameron as a FA
We had some conflict behind the scenes. Yes it worked out but it could have easily resulted in losing Wells
You also know it was Wells that negotiated the two Future 2nds back by getting in touch with Essendon to navigate the Caldwell deal, which happened after the deadline - which means we very nearly did walk away from it
We got a flag so it turned out well in the end. Wells ended up walking from the club for a small period of time. Had the potential to split the club

We had some conflict behind the scenes. Yes it worked out but it could have easily resulted in losing Wells

We got a flag so it turned out well in the end. Wells ended up walking from the club for a small period of time. Had the potential to split the club

I actually do agree with this, but as with all fights, if you come out the other end in tact - you come out stronger for it.

Wells realized he needed to step back, and as a result, the next wave of talent identification under Mack and co. is stronger than ever. I actually think it was a blessing in disguise, as Wells was probably pretty pissed off when the Giants matched and didn't want a bar of it because he wanted Bruhn, Holmes and Ollie with out firsts. In the end, other opinions were taken into account, and we all grew as a club and organization.

Things can't always be rosy, but that's what makes an amazing organization - a place where all can recognize faults and mistakes, and all strive to do better. Wells, Scott and all the players went through that transformation, and the proof is in the pudding this year - we have never been more united and we have never been stronger :)

P.S. we're gonna end up with all our targets from that draft anyway, plus Jez and a Premiership, so things really couldn't have worked out better

What do people think of camerons defensive pressure?

since coming to geelong cameron has a lower tackle count per game then dan menzel. Personally i dont think its relevant cos he is an offensive weapon, just like Dan was, but it doesnt seem like we are very consistent in the way we regard defensive pressure across players. Cameron seems to get a complete free pass. Why?

since coming to geelong cameron has a lower tackle count per game then dan menzel. Personally i dont think its relevant cos he is an offensive weapon, just like Dan was, but it doesnt seem like we are very consistent in the way we regard defensive pressure across players. Cameron seems to get a complete free pass. Why?

Completely and utterly irrelevant and not sure why you're nitpicking such a useless part of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely and utterly irrelevant and not sure why you're nitpicking such a useless part of his game.
Cause in 2 threads now Seeds has come in and nit picked about 2 different players a week after they contributed to winning the flag.

ITs just goes to show pissing and moaning people are never happy.

But they can be muted.

GO Catters

its fine or is a flag not enough.

Won the Flag with his level if contribution.

Plays his role.

GO Catters

I always wanted a forwardline built around Menzel, Murdoch and Rohan supporting Hawkins. I was sad when we de-listed Murdoch and Menzel at the end of 2018.

Cobain was a rubbish drummer. They should have kicked him out of Nirvana. Not an all round contributor

You know wells wanted to walk away from the trade right?
Simply explain the offers and counter offers you would have made, which ones they would have accepted and how this would have improved the deal. It isn't that hard.

I'm guessing "get Cameron and don't upset Wells" is the answer, so just throw the trade offer that avoids that. It sounds a lot like bitching about a "would've, could've" situation for the sake of it.

Simply explain the offers and counter offers you would have made, which ones they would have accepted and how this would have improved the deal. It isn't that hard.

I'm guessing "get Cameron and don't upset Wells" is the answer, so just throw the trade offer that avoids that. It sounds a lot like bitching about a "would've, could've" situation for the sake of it.
Nice melt. Not sure why you are getting so angry - I think it's fine to acknowledge that this trade could have been done better. Wells wanted one of following:
  • to pay the picks to get the job done on a more modest salary
  • pay a higher salary so he we get him as a free agent

We payed a massive amount in both salary and draft picks. As we increased our offer but not enough to scare away GWS and then payed through the nose with draft picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

Back