List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd forgot all about Ryder forgot he even existed one game against Geelong in 5 years,but you are right same size but can't see Sav getting to that level
It’s unlikely he will be as good as Ryder but that won’t be height related.

Just structure the contract so they can’t match.

He’s not staying with them.. we should be in a position to force it through FA.

But... I feel we might be ‘nice’ enough to do a danger deal. Even danger was a first and a second. A handshake arrangement that trading for a FA is not worth as much as a non FA.

There is no scenario where we’re giving multiple round 1s or good young players. Laughable.

Wow wow wow

I loved when Dangerfield confirmed he wanted to come home and play for Geelong

But Cameron is a bigger FA acquisition - this isn't a player who wants to return home & the region, or play with his brother etc, such as we've Dangerfield, Scooter, Henderson etc

Now too see how this plays out

His folks have moved to Geelong I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just structure the contract so they can’t match.
I think we covered this with Dangerfield. I believe the rule is that only the total dollars over the whole contract need to fit within GWS cap, regardless of how Geelong’s contract offer is structured. So if Geelong offers:

$1m
$1m
$500k
$500k
$500k

GWS only need to have the cap space to offer $700k x 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if it is just a bit of posturing from GWS. Trying to spook us into trading ala Dangerfield.. "we will likely match" not we WILL match.
All this time the reports were our offer was better than GWS's

Ideal world we get him and keep our picks.

But assuming GWS can match and they don't go with the Essendon guide to trading, there are positives to trading. Mainly we don't ruin our pay structure and find ourselves in Collingwoods position of cap issues. Meaning we keep together players we want longer. And prolong people saying "How do Geelong pay for all these players"
Sometimes there is a bigger picture to keep in mind.

Either way I trust Wells to do the right thing.

We can match. Matthews already said.
Wouldn’t be much of a businessman if he didn’t say that. And we know it to be bluster because he doesn’t know what Geelong’s offer is.

I think we covered this with Dangerfield. I believe the rule is that only the total dollars over the whole contract need to fit within GWS cap, regardless of how Geelong’s contract offer is structured. So if Geelong offers:

$1m
$1m
$500k
$500k
$500k

GWS only need to have the cap space to offer $700k x 5.

I dont think that’s right. Needs to be same $ and years.

We have a great opportunity to be ruthless and pay nothing. Whether we decide to be the nice guys ala danger, is another qs.

We need to hold onto our R1s

Geez dude, are you always this pessimistic?:sick:

It is absolutely no surprise that Seeds is annoyed Jeremy Cameron is coming to us. Probably still annoyed we scored so highly against Brissie and Collingwood without Ratugolea, and that we dropped Atkins - all things that went against his 'club is in turmoil' narrative

I dont think that’s right. Needs to be same $ and years.

We have a great opportunity to be ruthless and pay nothing. Whether we decide to be the nice guys ala danger, is another qs.

We need to hold onto our R1s
I’ll dig out the rule when the kids are in bed. I’m right.

I’ll dig out the rule when the kids are in bed. I’m right.

Even if you’re right, reports are that there is a gap to what we’re offering.

They need to have the $ to match. Their cap is tight and apparently they weren’t able to go up. So that would indicate they can’t match... or they would have offered it already. Is their ceo just chest beating?

I assume if they (can) match we will need to part with two of our three firsts.

Is that right? Do we need to give them anything as they’ll get compo from AFL and have not chosen to match - not sure on match. With Danger we did right by Adelaide. Didn’t have to but did anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

Back