List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we covered this with Dangerfield. I believe the rule is that only the total dollars over the whole contract need to fit within GWS cap, regardless of how Geelong’s contract offer is structured. So if Geelong offers:

$1m
$1m
$500k
$500k
$500k

GWS only need to have the cap space to offer $700k x 5.

Have to disagree with this, given that Carlton front-loaded the ever loving crap out of Martin's contract, so that they could take him in the PSD - given that no-one could match it. From what I understand, the EXACT terms of the contract, have to be fulfilled, hence the obsession with 'front-loading' contracts that's hypothesized by posters looking to attain would be traded in players.

With that said, we're just not that type of club, and Wells just isn't that type of person. If we feel it's going to be an issue, we'll probably trade and work out something that's beneficial for all. Who knows, might even get O'Halloran too? Doesn't really bother me though, given that we got Pick 11 for essentially nothing last year, and an extra pick I didn't expect from TK trade. If that's what we give up, then all we've done is given up TK for Cooper Stephens and Jeremy Cameron. Can't complain about that

I think we covered this with Dangerfield. I believe the rule is that only the total dollars over the whole contract need to fit within GWS cap, regardless of how Geelong’s contract offer is structured. So if Geelong offers:

$1m
$1m
$500k
$500k
$500k

GWS only need to have the cap space to offer $700k x 5.

Yep it gets averaged...

Have to disagree with this, given that Carlton front-loaded the ever loving crap out of Martin's contract, so that they could take him in the PSD - given that no-one could match it. From what I understand, the EXACT terms of the contract, have to be fulfilled, hence the obsession with 'front-loading' contracts that's hypothesized by posters looking to attain would be traded in players.

With that said, we're just not that type of club, and Wells just isn't that type of person. If we feel it's going to be an issue, we'll probably trade and work out something that's beneficial for all. Who knows, might even get O'Halloran too? Doesn't really bother me though, given that we got Pick 11 for essentially nothing last year, and an extra pick I didn't expect from TK trade. If that's what we give up, then all we've done is given up TK for Cooper Stephens and Jeremy Cameron. Can't complain about that

PSD is different to comp for FA

See thats how you need luck - when the final pieces of the Jigsaw are required

Geel were desperate for a key forward - i can remember that picture of Scarlett Ling and a few others sitting down having coffee with Rawlings trying to convince him to come to Geel . If he had of chosen Geel ( and he was a disaster at the W/Bulldogs ) then Geel wouldnt have got Ottens - they wouldnt have had the money and picks to get him

RE Jade Rawlings knocking back Geelongs approach - was like standing in front of the firing squad - and all the bullets missed .[/PLAYERCARD][/B]
[/QUOTE]
Deledio too. Bullet dodged.

Even if you’re right, reports are that there is a gap to what we’re offering.

They need to have the $ to match. Their cap is tight and apparently they weren’t able to go up. So that would indicate they can’t match... or they would have offered it already. Is their ceo just chest beating?
They do need to save a little face as they screwed their TPP to be in this position in the first place

I've got a feeling Sav will be traded. He might even go to GWS as part of the Cameron trade.
Wouldn't completely hate that, but would mean we absolutely MUST get a back up ruck via PSD or draft someone through a state league.

Is there a back up ruck in Perth that WCE have their eyes on that we can get 2 or 3 first rounders for in 2 years time>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COME ON GLADYS TIME TO OPEN UP THE BORDERS SO I CAN DRIVE UP THERE AND GIVE THE BIG FELLA A LIFT TO HIS NEW DIGS

its ok. I’m in Sydney so I’ll bring him down to the border and you can drive him to Cat land!

Loving the salty tears from everyone. They all forget we lost the GOAT at the height of his powers to one of these AFL made clubs and we were a pretty decent side at the time. Richmond got Lynch a year after they won a flag, Collingwood took Treloar, Adams and Hoskin Elliot and that is OK, but apperently free agency is killing the game because Cameron wants to get to Geelong. Swings and roundabouts I say.

I could not be happier or prouder to be a Geelong Football Club supporter right now. Go the mighty Cats!!!!
Pies also got Beams from the Lions. (I could barely type that without laughing)

Here it is strauchnyy and Shadow89 - it’s rule 17.5(m). The effect of this is that even if GWS doesn’t have the TPP space for the structure of the Geelong contract they can still match the identical terms of the Geelong contract and Cameron receives those identical terms but the allocation can be averaged under the TPP.

DB305952-5049-48B9-A3EB-0D5D21D1BA37.jpeg

Here it is strauchnyy and Shadow89 - it’s rule 17.5(m). The effect of this is that even if GWS doesn’t have the TPP space for the structure of the Geelong contract they can still match the identical terms of the Geelong contract and Cameron receives those identical terms but the allocation can be averaged under the TPP.

View attachment 989735

Cheers, but what if they can’t afford the total $?

They would have offered more if they could.. so how can they match if they don’t have the space...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

Back