Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D Day

Does Wells throw in a player and a 3rd 1st

Or is Cameron staying a Giant going to another club via the draft

Correct, I'd imagine we'd get another disinterested year like 2020 if he was taken by someone else. Think he would play but can't see a great level of enthusiasm.
At the risk of drawing further Kelly comparisons, I think JC would be professional enough to play his guts out for whoever he plays for in 21 despite disappointment if it isn't Geelong. Kelly was obviously very disappointed a deal to get him to WC in 2019 didnt happen but then he went out and blitzed it and drove his value higher and made the most of the short time in footy he has.
I can't see JC cracking the sads and diminishing his value and wasting one of what is probably only another 3-5 years that is left of his footy career by sitting out a season or playing poorly.
Anyway, I think he ends up at Geelong for 13, 15 and a future 2nd.

Correct, I'd imagine we'd get another disinterested year like 2020 if he was taken by someone else. Think he would play but can't see a great level of enthusiasm.

He is a professional and a good bloke so I doubt that.
He will play at his best wherever he ends up.

2020 wasn’t because he was disinterested.

At the risk of drawing further Kelly comparisons, I think JC would be professional enough to play his guts out for whoever he plays for in 21 despite disappointment if it isn't Geelong. Kelly was obviously very disappointed a deal to get him to WC in 2019 didnt happen but then he went out and blitzed it and drove his value higher and made the most of the short time in footy he has.
I can't see JC cracking the sads and diminishing his value and wasting one of what is probably only another 3-5 years that is left of his footy career by sitting out a season or playing poorly.

I think it's a bit different because Kelly only made AA in his second year and only had 2 years of AFL footy. Had he had a bad 2nd year, he would have known he might not get a decent deal.

Cameron won a Coleman and has kicked maybe the most goals (behind Kennedy and Franklin) over the last 10 years? Cameron didn't even play that well this year. Two first round picks certainly reflects pre-2020 not his 2020 season.

I think it's a bit different because Kelly only made AA in his second year and only had 2 years of AFL footy. Had he had a bad 2nd year, he would have known he might not get a decent deal.

Cameron won a Coleman and has kicked maybe the most goals (behind Kennedy and Franklin) over the last 10 years? Cameron didn't even play that well this year. Two first round picks certainly reflects pre-2020 not his 2020 season.
Cameron has just come off a shocker, if he had another shocker in 21 then trying to get a $1M p/a contract as a 30 yo would not happen. Fact is, these guys are professional athletes, they take pride in what they do, are highly competitive and only have limited time in the game. Irrespective of potential earnings, I dont see either cracking the shits and not playing to the best of their ability. Kelly is a recent example of this so is a reasonable comparison of what I expect JC would do if things dont fall in his favour.

Sixth most goals. Behind Franklin, JK, Hawkins, Betts, Taylor Walker and Riewoldt.

kek numpties thinking GWS will turn down two first rounders to make a "culture statement". Both teams are professionals. Should the deal be even close to reasonable both teams will sign off on it. I get the WC salt, but there is a fundamental difference in the JC TK trades- If WC couldn't get the TK deal done we kept him (our preferred outcome). If Geelong can't get the JC deal done then GWS loses him anyway. They don't get anything for him. That's why JC will cost less than TK. GWS has a weaker position.

Last edited:

Cameron is slightly ahead of Kennedy in average and behind Buddy.

Cameron is 27, Kennedy is 33 and still one of the best.

Dunstall was still averaging 4 goals a game at 34.

To suggest the Hawks should go on a speculative draft pick at pick 5 or 6 (which is essentially what it is now with JUH and/or Campbell) for the best forward in the AFL who will play strongly for another 6 years....

Geelong have come too far to walk away from this deal, Jezza will be a Cat..

2 first round picks and a player with a 2nd round pick going back Geelong's way is probably what the deal will end up being in the end.
Considering Wells yesterday categorically ruled out players being a part of the deal I doubt it. Not to say it wasn't explored, but players they want didn't want to go, and players that did want to go they didn't want.

Too late in the piece to be adding a player to the mix now.

Did you watch the bloke this year? Disinterested as all hell. He wouldn't care if he diminished his value as he will be on a long term contract at big bucks.

TK different kettle of fish. Contracted and knew that after one year of service. Cameron is uncontracted and would need someone to do something against his expressed will after ten years of service. This constant comparing TK's one year of service to Cameron's ten is staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why because of his salary chop or because you were lowballing him? Bloke looked completely uninterested.

Widely stated even by him that he hated hub life. Not the only one but it was a huge factor in his form

Why because of his salary chop or because you were lowballing him? Bloke looked completely uninterested.

He and his manager and even the club said that he, and we as a whole, handled hub life and Covid terribly.

You are sounding like some of the ridiculous media.

He and his manager and even the club said that he, and we as a whole, handled hub life and Covid terribly.

You are sounding like some of the ridiculous media.
Yep whatever you wish mate. Keep rubbing the lantern, eventually the genie will pop out and make all your dreams come true.

Regardless, he hated it, and he would likely hate being drafted by another team. Hence, there is form on this and its very likely he would be disinterested again.

Yep whatever you wish mate. Keep rubbing the lantern, eventually the genie will pop out and make all your dreams come true.

Regardless, he hated it, and he would likely hate being drafted by another team. Hence, there is form on this and its very likely he would be disinterested again.

Way to early to be drinking mate. Put the can down.

Did you watch the bloke this year? Disinterested as all hell. He wouldn't care if he diminished his value as he will be on a long term contract at big bucks.

TK different kettle of fish. Contracted and knew that after one year of service. Cameron is uncontracted and would need someone to do something against his expressed will after ten years of service. This constant comparing TK's one year of service to Cameron's ten is staggering.
Ibuprofen indeed, I think you will need a couple after that bout of mental gymnastics.
Completely missed the point but whatever, enjoy your outrage.

So he was disinterested?

Caused primarily by hating hub life. He wasn’t the only one. He’s a bloke that loves the outside and was confined indoors. Now it wasn’t the only reason but it was a big factor

I've got the Perrier Jouet out ready to have at 7.20pm tonight...

Classy. Enjoy.

You seem to think I don’t wish him all the best at the Cats, I do. Just want my club to be treated with respect in the trade.

Hopefully this all gets done, you get the player you want, we get our picks) and we can all just enjoy an off season and hopefully some footy coming in 2021.

Yes so? Why would being drafted to a team where didn't want to go be any different?

He won’t. But you’ll cop up the two firsts and a swap next year. Said from day 1 that 13+15+future first for Cameron +future second

Basically gives them 2 firsts and an upgrade next year. Cats just downgrade their first (say 16 for arguments sake) to 26 or so next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Back