Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing fast and loose with the word fantastic there Nicco.

He kicks more than he misses from set shots I reckon. That's without any stats to back me up though.

At Collingwood, the standard of fantastic is not high... Hahaha... But I would rate Swan as in our top 3 mist accurate kicks fro goal on the set shot behind Elliot and.... Pendles?

Bullshit trade.
Seedsman should have got us a 1st round pick. We will be embarrassed and appalled by this trade in a couple of years.
Howe takes great marks but has been pretty ordinary the past couple of seasons. Hopefully he improves but at the moment Jessie White is the superior player.

I agree it isn't a good trade for us.
But be realistic, Seedsman was never worth more than a mid second round pick.

Bullshit trade.
Seedsman should have got us a 1st round pick. We will be embarrassed and appalled by this trade in a couple of years.
Howe takes great marks but has been pretty ordinary the past couple of seasons. Hopefully he improves but at the moment Jessie White is the superior player.
I'm well and truly embarrassed and appalled by this trade right now. No need to wait a couple of years. Jesse White was 25 when we recruited him and we also did that hoping he would somehow improve on his exposed form. No way Seed is worth a first though.

That moment when you don't check BigFooty for three hours and suddenly there's an 11 page thread.

Yep that's me.

Longest I've gone without checking BF all trade week and we finally do a bloody trade.

Based on this, I am now going to become a monk for a week, living on top of a hill with no contact with civilisation.

When I return I fully expect Treloar, Aish and Jeremy Cameron to be signed up to long term contracts at Collingwood. Maybe throw in Chad Wingard with a personality makeover as well.

Thanks guys.

In all honesty, the fact that we were so willing to give up pick 32 in this deal tells me we're AWFULLY confident about getting Aish and Treloar. So I see it as a really good thing. I also like Howe a lot too.

Sounds about right.

Treloar sounds done.

If we can get a 2nd rounder for Freeman, and another 2nd rounder back in the Treloar deal, we'll trade two of the 3 to brissy for Aish and then take a 2nd round 3rd round and upgrade frost draft day.

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

I'm well and truly embarrassed and appalled by this trade right now. No need to wait a couple of years. Jesse White was 25 when we recruited him and we also did that hoping he would somehow improve on his exposed form. No way Seed is worth a first though.

People said the Same Thing about Crisp and Varcoe last year

Good get. If he can play well consistently, he'll make a difference. We had a similar concern with Varcoe, and he proved doubters wrong. Hopefully Howe can do the same. Reckon he boosts our good looks department too.

He kicks more than he misses from set shots I reckon. That's without any stats to back me up though.

At Collingwood, the standard of fantastic is not high... Hahaha... But I would rate Swan as in our top 3 mist accurate kicks fro goal on the set shot behind Elliot and.... Pendles?

Noooooooooooooooo

1. Fasolo (take this year as an aberration)
2. Elliott
3. Jessie White (again, this year wasn't the norm for him)
4. Reid
5. Varcoe
6. Goldsack (you'd be surprised, dude is pretty accurate on the odd occasion he gets a shot)
7. Pendles
8. Then Swan I think?

Watched Howe closely this year and his work ethic was atrocious. Will need to significantly improve his rating if he plans on making our team, let alone become the next Isaac Smith.
He's not Isaac Smith and he's not a run and carry player. Leave that to Elliot, Broomhead and Crisp. He's a contested mark and a strong body who plays man on man. Also a good kick, but wouldn't say there's anything wrong with his work ethic. What's wrong is a lack of consistency which we need to address at Collingwood.

Everyone on here raves
About hine personally i think his massively overrated, freeman kennedy and broomhead have done nothing at all

Guys we've brought in a 25yo 100 gamer who should be in the best 22 each week. He's missed 1 game in 4 years. I'm excited by this new role he's been recruited for. He should also relegate Jesse White to depth.

We have lost two guys who would be in the 30-40th players on our list. Depth players only.

I for one am not unhappy with two for one here.

People said the Same Thing about Crisp and Varcoe last year
How were they comparable deals? How is Crisp a 21 year old steak knife in the Beams deal comparable to this one?? You have a poiint about Varco improving out of sight once he got to us but he was cheap.. didn't cost us 2 promising youngsters (one a first rounder) and a draft downgrade. Are you happy with this trade TD? Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty, the fact that we were so willing to give up pick 32 in this deal tells me we're AWFULLY confident about getting Aish and Treloar. So I see it as a really good thing. I also like Howe a lot too.

Now there's a 'kiss of death' if ever there was one! :eek:

IIRC you liked Clinton Young a lot too??? ;) :p

Last edited:
Guys we've brought in a 25yo 100 gamer who should be in the best 22 each week. He's missed 1 game in 4 years. I'm excited by this new role he's been recruited for. He should also relegate Jesse White to depth.

We have lost two guys who would be in the 30-40th players on our list. Depth players only.

I for one am not unhappy with two for one here.
Howe is no upgrade on White and he can't ruck so with your scenario we either play 2 rucks or kill Moore by playing him as a backup ruck.

I'm well and truly embarrassed and appalled by this trade right now.

I haven't been this embarrassed and appalled since we lucked out on getting Mitch Clark and ended up offloading the Prince for Travis Varcoe ...

... Oh wait :$

Last edited:
Bullshit trade.
That's just emotions taking over. I hope Seedsman does well at Adelaide, but fear he will end up like McGough and fade into the sunset playing VFL and getting delisted.
Howe has a football brain. Jesse White doesn't. Howe can take a contested mark. Jesse White can't. Howe can man up and bring the football ball to the ground. Jesse White can't. Jesse White gets the sulks and disappears from the game when things don't go his way. Howe keeps contesting even when things don't go his way.

Howe is borderline useless, goes missing every second week and his soft ad butter, seedsman showed alot of ability at his best and well kennedy was another hine bust

You have a poiint about Varco improving out of sight once he got to us but he was cheap.. didn't cost us 2 promising youngsters (one a first rounder) and a draft downgrade. Are you happy with this trade TD? Why?

True ...

... Varcoe only cost us a rookie ...

... Who happened to have played 21 games that year, 199 games in total had won a Premiership, had been very durable, and was still only 27 years old.

I haven't been this embarrassed and appealed since we lucked out on getting Mitch Clark and ended up offloading the Prince for Travis Varcoe ...

... Oh wait :$
I wasn't. Must say it's a huge surprise you have no criticisms here '76. if only everything was identical in every way then bullsh%t comparisons might mean something hey.

Bullshit trade.
Far more courage than Soft Seeds, Far taller than midget Ben, Kicks both sides of his body and still leaves 1 more position on our list.:thumbsu:

On tit-for-tat, I think we have been done in this trade. But we are a bit light on for X factor which Howe does bring. Kennedy will play games for Melbourne, maybe even 100 or so, but we won't miss him.

True ...

... Varcoe only cost us a rookie ...

... Who happened to have played 21 games that year, 199 games in total had won a Premiership, had been very durable, and was still only 27 years old.
Love your desperate logic..You have to go back to some other trade that looked dodgy to many at the time but happened to work out ok unexpectedly and then say .. this is why this trade now for 2 young players for Howe is good. Great logic sir. I bow before your debating skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back