Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan is a quality player, what they're asking for isn't unfair. Your forward line has been rubbish for years and is spearheaded by an unfit bogan who likes to get on it. Don't understand what Fremantle are doing.
Fremantle had another unfit bogan that likes to get on it complete a medical, so walked away because the selling club told us to accept their terms or walk away.

The trade from pick 6 to pick 11 looks good, as long as you realise that there is a very definite reason there was a big payday for trading down (well maybe 2 reasons if you factor in the SA element of the draft). It now means that Hogan is not achievable without trading Neale.

I understand not wanting to sell the farm, I wouldn’t trade picks 5 & 6 for example. But players like Hogan don’t become available very often and if you want quality you need to pay the price.

It just looks poor to me, Freo extorted GC for Weller and are demanding the huge overs for Neale but with Hogan it’s all too hard if he can’t be obtained with an ok pick in pick 11 being the major trade piece. It’s all well and good to want to smash the shit out of the other guy in every trade, but eventually it comes back to bite. Just my opinion but Freo will seriously struggle to attract talent if they walk away after only offering unders like they are.
Nailed it

Fremantle had another unfit bogan that likes to get on it complete a medical, so walked away because the selling club told us to accept their terms or walk away.
That's only rumours though, Fremantle saying they did their due diligence doesn't mean Hogan is a druggy, just means they think he's not worth 2 first rounders.

Hmm... it was confirmed 11 was on the table for Kelly.

No confirmation that any realistic offer has been put on the table for either Hogan or Lobb.

You need to get over pointing the finger at whose to blame here. If a club wants a player, they need to be the ones that make the play for the trade.

Freo haven’t done that with either Lobb or Hogan.
And yet the trade period is only about halfway....you never show your cards early.

Hmm... it was confirmed 11 was on the table for Kelly.

No confirmation that any realistic offer has been put on the table for either Hogan or Lobb.

You need to get over pointing the finger at whose to blame here. If a club wants a player, they need to be the ones that make the play for the trade.

Freo haven’t done that with either Lobb or Hogan.

And there are three days left of the trade period. Paying Melbourne two top 10 picks on day one would have been a major **** up and something Freo would have done 10 years ago.

Happy to wait and see if we have what we need come Wednesday night.

That's only rumours though, Fremantle saying they did their due diligence doesn't mean Hogan is a druggy, just means they think he's not worth 2 first rounders.
No but it might mean we have more questions about his navicular injury and whether the bone will fully recover and if he will be able to get back to 100%. You don’t trade two first rounders and $1M x 5 with that sort of risk hanging over his head.

The trade from pick 6 to pick 11 looks good, as long as you realise that there is a very definite reason there was a big payday for trading down (well maybe 2 reasons if you factor in the SA element of the draft). It now means that Hogan is not achievable without trading Neale.

I understand not wanting to sell the farm, I wouldn’t trade picks 5 & 6 for example. But players like Hogan don’t become available very often and if you want quality you need to pay the price.

It just looks poor to me, Freo extorted GC for Weller and are demanding the huge overs for Neale but with Hogan it’s all too hard if he can’t be obtained with an ok pick in pick 11 being the major trade piece. It’s all well and good to want to smash the shit out of the other guy in every trade, but eventually it comes back to bite. Just my opinion but Freo will seriously struggle to attract talent if they walk away after only offering unders like they are.

FFS how are Freo asking huge for Neale, I know they started at two first rounders the same as Brisbane are insisting on just pick 5.

Are you really going to be shocked if it ends up splitting the difference?

Th
And yet the trade period is only about halfway....you never show your cards early.
Freo have shown two cards already.
1. They have walked away from the Hogan trade.
2. The only trade we know Freo has proposed is pick 11 to Kelly who has no interest in going there.

This reflects badly on the club, but Bell is quite inexperienced.

Th

2. The only trade we know Freo has proposed is pick 11 to Kelly who has no interest in going there.

Out of curiosity, can you point me to an article where it’s been confirmed Freo have offered 11 for Kelly. Or is this based on internet rumours/twitter fingers?

And there in lies the problem,
Everyone thought it was going to be a pushover thats why Mahoney comes out and says it will take a historic deal, he thought he could bend us over. I for one am very happy with the FFC :)

Yep it seems like they are taking their anger out on Freo because we didn't bend to their demands. Oh no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. West Coast will be able to pick and choose what incoming WA players to make a play for. Little brother will just have to make do with the scraps.
If anything it means more players will want to come Freo due to being under smart management and building a winning team without selling everything for a risky player.
Teams win premierships

Freo don’t seem to understand the concept of win - win.

Looking forward to seeing them play with no Hogan and Neale running around at quarter pace next year.

With Peter Bell proudly saying

“ We showed em”

If anything it means more players will want to come Freo due to being under smart management and building a winning team without selling everything for a risky player.
Teams win premierships
No. Players and managers will steer clear as they will be nervous a deal won’t be able to get done.

Freo will be less likely to attract marquee players than they have been in the last 10 years.

Out of curiosity, can you point me to an article where it’s been confirmed Freo have offered 11 for Kelly. Or is this based on internet rumours/twitter fingers?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...e/news-story/e006f45f43ac968867a9f1f8df3c65d6

Who knows if freo would do it, or are just saying they would do it because they know Kelly won’t come. I suppose this helps Geelong and maybe helps freo to seem like they are willing to deal where they see it as fair.

From what I’ve read no/few freo fans would be willing to give up 11 for Kelly.

Th

The big man act hasn’t quite worked out for Peter, does appear he’s in well over his head

Another who doesn't understand the concept of "win win". Someone who thinks there always has to be a loser.

Some Melbourne supporters don't agree, but structurally we're a better team with May than Hogan. We're more a chance to win a flag in 2019 with May than Hogan.

I'd like to have both, but when your player comes to you wanting to explore an opportunity to return home you try and make the best move possible according to the hand you're dealt.

Melbourne really can't lose this trade. We either keep a very good player or we improve the balance of the list.

Another "win win".

I don't expect you to get it.

If in any way you are suggesting Steven May is as valuable to your list as Jesse Hogan, then no I do not get it at all. Jesse Hogan is twice the player Steven May is, and even if Melbourne decided to play Jesse Hogan down back, he would still be a better player than Steven May is. This list balance BS is for amateurs. Its something I only hear come out of Mahoney's mouth - usually right before he overpays for a player like Jake Lever. When Jesse Hogan is tearing it up next year and Steven May looks like Steven May, then blokes like yourself will be on the the next buzzword.

The newspaper is reporting that Melbourne told Freo to accept their terms or walk away on Friday, so they walked away.

Barrett and others suggesting Melbourne would have accepted 5 and 23 kind of blows that out of the water. Also, Fremantle playing hard ball with Brisbane in relation to Neale kind of makes it hard to believe its Melbourne that were the difficult party. That newspaper story might work in WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back