Remove this Banner Ad

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Sydney's Jesse White is set to highly sort after again this off-season with Fremantle coach Ross Lyon declaring him "on the list" of forwards they are pursuing.

Fremantle has reportedly made big offers to Collingwood's Travis Cloke last season and Richmond's Jack Riewoldt this season but both failed.

Lyon has repeatedly denied that the club is interested in Hawthorn superstar Lance Franklin.

"He would be one on the radar but I think everyone would be looking at him," Lyon told 6PR radio in Perth.

"I laid on the couch and watched the Swans on the weekend and he played as well as I've seen Jesse play.

"I don't know Jesse at all, but he looks to have matured and been put through football school in a good academy where now he's a very competent player."

"He's certainly on a list of key forward and un-contracted players."

Please no, this guy is an absolute spud!

Honestly can't believe the hate this guy gets, someone pointed out somewhere he has a better record than Dawes and has a similar one to Mitch Clark and a far superior one to Kepler Bradley. We're not going to do any better, it's White or Gumbleton unless we want to be stuck with skinny kids who aren't even close to ready.

Honestly can't believe the hate this guy gets, someone pointed out somewhere he has a better record than Dawes and has a similar one to Mitch Clark and a far superior one to Kepler Bradley. We're not going to do any better, it's White or Gumbleton unless we want to be stuck with skinny kids who aren't even close to ready.

I agree 100% not a coleman winner but will do his job. Gumbleton i Think could actually be taken as well as him giving us 2 player who would actually be good depth in this area and either a mitch thorpe or jonathon marsh making it a part of our list that is certainly not a weakness if all works out and at least 1 in 3 is bound to come off a bit.

I'd give him a run. Wouldn't have to pay overs, you'd think, Pav still there next season giving another target, Mayne, depth and development in Taberner ... would suit me fine.
More advantage for than against.
So what, you'd all prefer we carried on the way we have been manufacturing goals from wherever we can find them because he's not Franklin?

Sheesh.

Much sense.

I have been watching him as I reckon he's our best bet to get an uncontracted forward.

Played very well against Richmond.

The way he moves reminds me of an inferior, tattooed Pavlich.*

Is fit, the right age profile, can take a mark, kick a long goal, uncontracted and is surplus to Sydney's requirements with Tippett and Reid.

I reckon we are into him big time.

*dont kill me.

We desperately need a big body up forward who can take a few of those long bombs into I50s at times. Jesse White has alot to prove and is doing his job as a depth player really well at Sydney. Not the best of choices but the KPFs are either being taken by Giants in the draft or re-signed such as Hansen at Roos. Pavlich needs a foil and Taberner has a few years to develop yet so it's a stopgap option for the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't make me too upset for the club to go after him. At the right price, of course.

On Gumby, didn't he re-sign with the Bombers just last year? Or was it the year before? Age is a bitch.

It wouldn't make me too upset for the club to go after him. At the right price, of course.

On Gumby, didn't he re-sign with the Bombers just last year? Or was it the year before? Age is a bitch.

Yeah it was last year, after he came over to Perth for a medical with Freo IIRC

Look, I don't rate White massively, but we've got to get it around our heads that we're simply not going to get your ready made superstar FF to replace Pav - not in the foreseeable future anyway. With that in mind, we've got to have a crack at players that might be able to perform the role well enough to give us structure and consistency. If they can give us 2 goals and handful of score assists, then they'll be OK.

Though he has his critics, Keps would be doing a nice job for us if he wasn't injured, and it's about his standard that we're going to get - hard working, will play the structures and do the big man job. White I can see fitting that mold, as might Gumby.

Those who dont' like the idea of White (or similar standard), it's time to get real; Fanklin, Cloke, Riewoldt, Tippet or any other 'big name' white night is not going to jump into our forward line, we just need to lower our expectations a bit.

I don't want him because I don't think he will improve the team not because recruiting him would be instead of a superstar. I think Kepler and Griffin are better options once fit and it would be wiser to develop youngsters. Yes White shows glimpses from time to time but for the most part he rarely contributes anything, like Ryan Murphy or Adam Campbell.

Having said that if the club do recruit him I can understand why and would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I don't want him because I don't think he will improve the team not because recruiting him would be instead of a superstar. I think Kepler and Griffin are better options once fit and it would be wiser to develop youngsters. Yes White shows glimpses from time to time but for the most part he rarely contributes anything, like Ryan Murphy or Adam Campbell.

Having said that if the club do recruit him I can understand why and would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

One issue escaping us a bit is that these guys are unlikely to be able to contribute significantly next year. At best Keps and Griff might be doing full training close to the season start, and especially for big guys, you're talking a whole season before you get back up to top fitness.

Dogs keen as well..

They're going to be keen on any player we're interested in. They are probably the only club in the league as desperate (probably more so actually) for a key forward as us, their high draft position is going to give them much more leverage than us in most circumstances too.

They're going to be keen on any player we're interested in. They are probably the only club in the league as desperate (probably more so actually) for a key forward as us, their high draft position is going to give them much more leverage than us in most circumstances too.

Yeah true, I dont think that they would be that keen to part with a first rounder or prob second rounder for White so that prob means your in the game as much as them, thats only of course id White wants to leave.

Yeah true, I dont think that they would be that keen to part with a first rounder or prob second rounder for White so that prob means your in the game as much as them, thats only of course id White wants to leave.

Oh no, that first rounder is reserved for a shot at Tom Boyd (through trade with GWS), and I think they're a chance actually. In any case they still would never involve it in a trade for White, so I'm not sure where you're going with that - but their 2nd, 3rd etc. round is going to be only slightly worse than our 1st, 2nd etc. respectively and that's where they'll have leverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse White is "on the list"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back