Jesse White to Collingwood - Mike Sheahan 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they still do the top 10 countdown on draft day?

I don't think we've ever been in it (since they bought it in).

Would be nice to be in the top 10 and see two of our new players get their new jumpers on stage, NBA/NFL style.

So long as you've got incriminating photos, then you can be eviscerated from here to the other side of the world and it still doesn't matter, so long as you have the leverage to keep on getting a game. He doesn't need to smile at White becoming the new punching bag, because he has those photos locked up in a safety deposit box somewhere...

Incriminating photos? Care to elaborate?

Remember when everything was imploding and the club was directionless?

We now have added pick 6 to our already quality pick 10 whilst bringing Jesse White and Taylor Adams, who is virtually another 1st rounder in as well.

In 2 seasons, were effectively bringing in 6 1st rounder picks.

Great stuff.

Remember when everything was imploding and the club was directionless?

We now have added pick 6 to our already quality pick 10 whilst bringing Jesse White and Taylor Adams, who is virtually another 1st rounder in as well.

In 2 seasons, were effectively bringing in 6 1st rounder picks.

Great stuff.
Yes I remenber - starkly so! Then Eddie stepped in, with his black and white heart on his sleeve and went into bat for the Pies. The other clubs can sneer and snicker but Eddie and Eddie alone is responsible for the turnaround at this club.

If some of the other clubs had as passionate supporters in their CEO positions the league would be in a lot better shape than what it already is.

Well done Eddie and thanks for making this club a power again - as it always should be ;)

The afl website this morning reports the deal is done. 3 way between Pies, Sydney and West Coast sees us gain pick 6 and White for 11 and our second round pick, the other details boor me. Really beginning to think we could be in the game as per pick 1 now and if not, 6 and 10 ain't bad at all...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they still do the top 10 countdown on draft day?

I don't think we've ever been in it (since they bought it in).

Would be nice to be in the top 10 and see two of our new players get their new jumpers on stage, NBA/NFL style.

They scrapped the 'top 10 countdown' last year, which was good, because I found the concept of counting down from pick 10 to pick 1 just plain stupid, especially when we knew ahead of time who the number 1 pick was going to be.

What they had last year was the top 10 being individually called out from 1st to 10th, followed by a highlights video from the Under 18 champs and a couple of AIS coaches spruiking their strengths as players. Each pick was then brought onto the stage as they were selected, presented with their jumpers by their new coach, interviewed for a minute or two, then after the 10th pick they got the top 10 all out on the stage for a group photo in their jumpers.

The rest of the draft then proceeded on as normal

Yeah, it will be cool to see Bucks handing out jumpers to two top 10 picks. He can even bring one with #35 on it for pick 6...

This has now backed GWS into a corner.
We have nothing else to offer that they want.

No way would we swap 10 for 19 in the deal.
Especially considering pick 19 is now pick 21. Straight swap only. Can't lose. Either get Adams or keep Shaw. Not fussed either way as long as we keep 6 & 10.

The only other scenario would be to trade Shaw to say Melbourne for pick 9. Can't see that happening but I would probably forego Adams if this was offered.

Great Trade as we Move 5 Spots up the 1st Round and getting white part of the Deal.

We had to Trade our 2nd Rounder to help that but what we got back was a Massive Booth

Let's close this thread off as we don't want too many Jess White threads at once and the official welcome thread is up.

Grats to OP breaking the story and Mike Sheahan for getting it right.

Thanks to all the contributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back