Rumour Jessie Hogan Out Indefinitely for Mental Health Reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand the situation with Hogan, the guy goes out and gets drunk as hell most weekends as proven by sightings in the city as well as getting high and yes, that is probably a decent portion of the reason for his mental health issues as well as the other terrible instances over the last few years, but ultimately the media continuing to shed light on it is just leaving him open to continue to be ridiculed online and called a druggy which will make his mental health worse. People should be getting around him and supporting him like they did with guys like Jack Steven (yes I know two completely different stories here I'm not trying to do a direct comparison) and giving him the support he

Guys there's no need for all this malarkey, leave respected BigFooty poster boombastinac alone, stop spreading your mayo. Who knows if it was Jessie or Jessie's girl or someone else altogether. Listen this stuff could of been photoshopped from YEARS ago. I know Jessie from following him on social media and I can categorically say he would never of done any of this malarkey.

I'll be listening to the club thanks.
Why am I thinking you and Boombastinac are the same poster?

Not many 20-something year old uni students are getting paid six figure sums to play AFL.
Not many 20 year olds have the pressure of thousands of kids looking up to them as a "hero".

If anything, what you've said is a good justification of raising draft age. You're using his apparent wealth to say he is different to any other 20 year old, especially mentally. So he naturally would mature faster than the average 20 year old because some numbers in his bank accounts? So he should miss out on the opportunity to get off chops with his mates cos he has money? That answer is up to the beholder.

The money he is paid in comparison to other 20 year old sports stars around the world pails into insignificance. Especially as the focus on him from media, commentators and fans alike is just as prominent as the equivalent sport leagues worldwide. So using this as a justification is silly really.

Anyway thats irrelevant to the thread, so I'll leave that. Hope the guy gets better short term whatever the issues, and in the medium term gets back to play some good footy for freo.

Why are people thinking the Jessie Hogan is a drug addict?
He's got a mental illness and you are all treating it as a joke.
Ok he has a mental health problem but it is greatly exacerbated by munching pingers like there is no tomorrow and it is deeply insulting to people who genuinely have mental health problems that aren't associated with munching pingers like no tomorrow.

I understand the situation with Hogan, the guy goes out and gets drunk as hell most weekends as proven by sightings in the city as well as getting high and yes, that is probably a decent portion of the reason for his mental health issues as well as the other terrible instances over the last few years, but ultimately the media continuing to shed light on it is just leaving him open to continue to be ridiculed online and called a druggy which will make his mental health worse. People should be getting around him and supporting him like they did with guys like Jack Steven (yes I know two completely different stories here I'm not trying to do a direct comparison) and giving him the support he

i tend to agree although i think this latest media statement might be a shot across the bow for him to clean up his act. people are obviously worried about him.

reality is the only one who can fix jesse is jesse

Not many 20 year olds have the pressure of thousands of kids looking up to them as a "hero".

If anything, what you've said is a good justification of raising draft age. You're using his apparent wealth to say he is different to any other 20 year old, especially mentally. So he naturally would mature faster than the average 20 year old because some numbers in his bank accounts? So he should miss out on the opportunity to get off chops with his mates cos he has money? That answer is up to the beholder.

The money he is paid in comparison to other 20 year old sports stars around the world pails into insignificance. Especially as the focus on him from media, commentators and fans alike is just as prominent as the equivalent sport leagues worldwide. So using this as a justification is silly really.

Anyway thats irrelevant to the thread, so I'll leave that. Hope the guy gets better short term whatever the issues, and in the medium term gets back to play some good footy for freo.
What's more pressure, playing a sport you love ( I guess ) or say being a father. Maybe having a partner and child reliant on you for food and shelter. Plenty of Dads his age. Also has access to top Dr's, nutritionist etc and on a high enough wage to relieve many financial stress's many other people have.

Ok he has a mental health problem but it is greatly exacerbated by munching pingers like there is no tomorrow and it is deeply insulting to people who genuinely have mental health problems that aren't associated with munching pingers like no tomorrow.
What's worse is people like you linking everything that is related to mental illness to drugs.
You need to understand the facts there.

Take drugs out of the equasion and you will think about mental illness properly.

Think of clinical depression and clinical anxiety.
Bloke has had this for awhile. It doesn't discriminate.
People who are ignorant and uneducated will discriminate.

People who cyberbully him will probably cause more harm.

Take my cousin who is in his 50's.
He has a mood disorder. Had it for ages.
When something sad happens like a death in the family we get around him and support him because he needs it.
His old man passed away a couple of weeks ago.

His mum passed away 5 years ago.
His brother passed away 12 years ago.

Go back to Jesse Hogan.
You see that he's a shy sort of bloke who seems to be in tears a lot.
He needs support.
Not to be bullied by arseclowns who think it's funny to troll forums like this.

The only drugs he does are prescription ones that he has to take.
Leave him alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate the stuff i've seen in here have been articles after articles claiming that some person has seen Jesse Hogan using drugs.
I've also seen stuff that is about Lance Franklin.
Everything i've seen so far has either had something photoshopped or is just a bunch of malarkey.

Go and have a read of the club's statement.
If anything the rumour about jesse hogan doing drugs is malarkey.
Can u link these articles again that say he is doing drugs...i think someone has deleted them all

🙄

What's worse is people like you linking everything that is related to mental illness to drugs.

Take drugs out of the equasion and you will think about mental illness properly.

When something sad happens like a death in the family we get around him and support him because he needs it.

Go back to Jesse Hogan.
He needs support.

Leave him alone.
Not linking every mental health issue to drugs. Only the ones which are linked to drugs.

As someone who has battled depression, alcohol and drug problems I know full well how they interact and how crying woe is me after a big month on the pingers is pretty shitty behaviour. People are there to help but don't expect sympathy when you are aren't doing yourself any favours getting on the gear all the time. Being depressed is ok, being depressed then abusing alcohol and drugs is not healthy and makes the problem worse to the extent you can't carry out your work duties and you don't really deserve the same sympathy as other depression sufferers.

To deny Hogan chews his jaw is just a flat out lie.

Go back to Jesse Hogan.
He needs support.

Leave him alone.
Santa says otherwise

Go back to Jesse Hogan.
He needs support.

Leave him alone.
Link please?

What's more pressure, playing a sport you love ( I guess ) or say being a father. Maybe having a partner and child reliant on you for food and shelter. Plenty of Dads his age. Also has access to top Dr's, nutritionist etc and on a high enough wage to relieve many financial stress's many other people have.
There are just as many young dad's with access to these processes, and avenues to help. Not everything is financially motivated, hence examples of plenty of young AFL (or other sports) walking away from contracts. Not to mention short term centrelink for unexpected work/home changes causing income stress. Terrible example.

Like, ridiculously bad.

You're drawing a bow between having to grow up quickly, which I respect, but to describe more pressure on a young dad vs an AFL young star is not even remotely worthwhile debating.

Go back to Jesse Hogan.
He needs support.

Leave him alone.
No such thing as clinical anxiety

There are just as many young dad's with access to these processes, and avenues to help. Not everything is financially motivated, hence examples of plenty of young AFL (or other sports) walking away from contracts. Not to mention short term centrelink for unexpected work/home changes causing income stress. Terrible example.

Like, ridiculously bad.

You're drawing a bow between having to grow up quickly, which I respect, but to describe more pressure on a young dad vs an AFL young star is not even remotely worthwhile debating.

Yeh your right. The list of great talent that's chucked it in because they want to have a stress free life is huge right....

And anyone who's got mental health issues doesn't count.

Go back to Jesse Hogan.
He needs support.

Leave him alone.

Like i said before, your trolling abilities leave a lot to be desired.
Don't you have anything else to do

Yeh your right. The list of great talent that's chucked it in because they want to have a stress free life is huge right....

And anyone who's got mental health issues doesn't count.
You’d be very surprised. For every player on a list there’s another 30 around Aus who is just as good or better, but didn’t get there for one reason or another.
1 big point is not wanting the stress of having to perform under a microscope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jessie Hogan Out Indefinitely for Mental Health Reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back