Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there ever been a club with its head stuck further in the sand than North? Couldn’t have been clearer last year that this was going to happen when he literally changed his name to include his Port/criminal stepdad’s name. If you’re offered three first rounders for someone like that you take it, you don’t deliberately not bid for Daicos who deserved to go at #1 to appease this kid with an extra $10,000 and some fame. He was always leaving. North took a punt and it didn’t work out how they’d have liked, power to them.
It's their prerogative to draft who they want at pick 1. It's not unreasonable to expect a grown man who is being paid to be a professional footballer to carry himself and take on his career with a mature mindset

North fans constantly referencing Fabian as if he were Jason seem to be forgetting their greatest player and bloke who held up two cups for them slept with his best mates wife and glassed a woman over the face.

North fans constantly referencing Fabian as if he were Jason seem to be forgetting their greatest player and bloke who held up two cups for them slept with his best mates wife and glassed a woman over the face.
No North fan thinks Carey is a good person. What are you aiming for here?

There’s absolutely no reason at all why he’d stay at North.

Port is home
Long contract / security
More money
Better team
They have a coach

Once Port showed interest it was the biggest no-brainer in the history of the sport, 100% of people would’ve done the exact same thing - and the rest are lying.
Players moving home isn't unusual. However, NM invested a lot into JHF and he could of at least acted interested or that he was happy to live out his childhood dream of playing AFL. Seriously at times he looked like he would have been happier stacking shelves at Woolies.

No North fan thinks Carey is a good person. What are you aiming for here?
Just pointing out how disgraceful your fans have been implying what Fabian did has anything to do with Jason, a 19 year old kid, as a person.

Get outta the China debt before you throw stones of relocation.
What debt ??? Port made a lot of cash out of the China experience……. Turned a lovely $5milion profit last year….. major ongoing sponsorship…… and let’s not forget our attendance figures for this year are better than Geelong, Hawthorn, Brisbane, Sydney, North, St Kilda, GWS, GCS …. the massive upgrade of already good facilities at Alberton are well underway …….. the future’s so bright I’ve got to wear shades 😎😎😎😎

Players moving home isn't unusual. However, NM invested a lot into JHF and he could of at least acted interested or that he was happy to live out his childhood dream of playing AFL. Seriously at times he looked like he would have been happier stacking shelves at Woolies.

They really didn't. They called him out in the draft and brought him in to an absolute rabble of a club that won two games and quickly sacked its coach. It wasn't a good place to be.

Could he have had better manners? I dunno, maybe, but it's beside the point really. Given the choice nobody would've stayed. Port knew he was ripe for the picking and went for it.

They really didn't. They called him out in the draft and brought him in to an absolute rabble of a club that won two games and quickly sacked its coach. It wasn't a good place to be.

Could he have had better manners? I dunno, maybe, but it's beside the point really. Given the choice nobody would've stayed. Port knew he was ripe for the picking and went for it.
Which was why we had a mass exodus and didn't only just lose JHF right? Right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry that you're having no luck in this thread mate 🎣
1665636436175.png

Sorry that you're having no luck in this thread mate 🎣
View attachment 1535428

Not fishing, I'm not here on the main board trolling North. I think the concept of loyalty regarding highly touted kids in the AFL draft is totally twisted. I don't get that they "owe" clubs something just for calling out their name on draft night. 18 clubs would've taken him in a heartbeat. They didn't do him a favour.

To have a ridiculous thread like this basically calling him the softest player ever is freakin laughable. Port made him a huge offer to come home. Not one person on the planet would've passed it up.

Essendon were just as much a rabble this year. If somebody had made Ben Hobbs a similar offer you'd be disappointed, but you couldn't for a second begrudge him going. Why the hell would anybody want to play for Essendon at the moment... let alone earning less!? That would make him soft?

If it was a different player, maybe a rookie or a late pick that the club had genuinely taken a chance on, yeah he might owe them something for giving him a chance. I get that.

Well…… a matter of fact Fabian Francis is a top bloke. ……. I suppose you’re going to spew forth some diatribe at the now archaic discredited case against him brought by a now disgraced, sacked Policewoman who he was married to up until 2007. Well that was put out in the garbage where it belonged. But I’m sure when you meet Fabian and see his happiness….. you can always chat about it.

Wow, so he was jailed for 15 months on made up charges?

I know there’s still some sour grapes over Cerra by Freo fans.
There isn't really, not to any great extent at least. He's probably the opposite of JHF actually. He was always pretty upfront about his preference to play for a Melbourne side but got sent over to Freo anyway. Once here, he stuck around for four years and was a class act in all respects. He even made a point of staying in the state after requesting a trade back to Melbourne so he could attend the the Doig Medal dinner and show support for his former teammates which says a lot about his character.

I'm disappointed that Cerra didn't end up committed to the club in the way guys like Brayshaw or Serong have, but that's about it. If I were a North fan I'd be absolutely livid over JHF.

Those comparing JHF to Buckley are waaay off. Buckley informed the Bears upfront that he would only play there for a year, he would leave at the end of his 1 year contract. In that one year though, he busted his arse and earned the respect of his coach Walls and his team mates. Walls has said that Buckley was ultra professional and helped drive standards at the Bears.

The same can't be said for Cletus the pea hearted tossbucket.

Buckley was hated by his team mates for his expectations

JHF also got stuck into his team mates for the same

Damn straight. Ironic that Bigfooty is just as hypocritical as the Sport itself.

We don't like insert something here but only when we are caught out for it.
Some people are just too emotional. Kids been scrutinised all year long and is probably depressed.

Also what a shitshow the whole situation has been. Dad or step dad, I don’t really care. AFL or SANFL, again, I don’t give a shit because that’s over 100 games for Port either way. I really wouldn’t have cared if they made up a rule and just allowed it as a Port father son in the first place.

Those comparing JHF to Buckley are waaay off. Buckley informed the Bears upfront that he would only play there for a year, he would leave at the end of his 1 year contract. In that one year though, he busted his arse and earned the respect of his coach Walls and his team mates. Walls has said that Buckley was ultra professional and helped drive standards at the Bears.

The same can't be said for Cletus the pea hearted tossbucket.
Actually you're pretty far off yourself. When Brisbane drafted Buckley in 1991, he told them to GAGF and stayed in SA for 1992 to win a flag and a Magarey with Port. It was only once the Bears guaranteed him passage to a Melbourne club of his choosing at the end of year that he went there in 1993 as a 21 year old and tore it up.

I'm sure if you let JHF stay at the Panthers for this year and blitz it then he would've been willing to chat about pre-arranging a trade to Port at the end of 2023 on the proviso he gave you one year of solid service. As it went though the Roos pig-headedly drafted him and he came in as a wide-eyed 18 year old to a club with facilities worse than he had at Noarlunga, a rudderless football department with people jumping ship every second month and a jaded playing group that were more concerned about petty jealousies and holding him to some bizarre shinboner rituals than actually supporting him as an interstate draftee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back