Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry North fans, theres always next year (the joke is that you are close to folding).

If we folded, there wouldn't be a next year though

The way North Melbourne paraded him when he was recruited meant this criticism was always going to come.

His output is that of a late teens pick at this stage
Hey? The hype was well and truely alive mid way thru his draft year and once Adelaide offered what they did the media and fans were never going to let it go.

Hey? The hype was well and truely alive mid way thru his draft year and once Adelaide offered what they did the media and fans were never going to let it go.
North released a commemorative JHF jumper.
It made Carltons "the chosen ones" poster seem like a smart choice

I was impressed with his game against Freo, there's stuff to work on of course (shock horror with a young player).

There was one centre clearance that won me he just has a hunt instinct as opposed to his Hinkleyfied backfoot spectator teammates.

Yeah, thought he was OK against Freo. Looks fantastic when he attacks the ball, he knows where the pill is and is explosive out of the middle - will be a beast in this department. Defensively needs to improve, and his disposal isn't great (though suspect this will improve as he builds to AFL level).

Hard to draw a bead on his personality. Has he shown some immaturity? Sure, but he's still a teenager - I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't have a bit of FIGJAM about him given his successes as a junior. Many conflicting reports, but general agreement that he trains hard and has an appetite to improve which puts him in good stead as he matures (I think the ice-bath stuff is somewhat mitigated if it was causing severe pain to his legs due to the artery condition he had surgery to relieve).

Hope he has good people around him as he will be under unbelievable pressure (see this thread for example) that would be tough for a seasoned veteran to get through. I understand North fans being salty, but genuinely think they aced picks 2-3 this year and that, for them, those two will be more valuable. As for Port, they went hard for their guy and got him, good on them and hopefully it pays off.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back to the thread topic, it is amazing how much he has developed in such a short period of time.

From a petulant 18 year old kid to borderline A grade. Culture is everything at AFL level.

What's this latest snippet of news coming out of Port re jhff? 🤔

Hope this kid rips games apart ! The hate on a 19yo has been putrid
From my pov I’m more hating on brogan/Cornes et al with all their little pot shots and all round bullshit.

I only hope port finishes last so we get the best pick possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He deserves a good run .. on the field and in the media. Poor bugger ...
Yep. Would best for Corn to keep his mouth shut in order to take some pressure off the kid.

Lots of pressure on Jase and Port Power (est. 1997) this week. After a terrible pre-season and a home game first up, the fans could get very restless if it goes poorly and if Jase continues to show that he is a lazy, me-first player as he has throughout the pre-season. I bet tarp providers throughout Alberton are rubbing their hands together this week.

It's also really concerning that many Port Power (est. 1997) legends have put the weight of so much expectation on him already, with one of the all-time greats of their esteemed 27-year history, Dean Brogan, already anointing him the best leader at the club. Surely this has to be a concern after it had already emerged that their coach had singled him out for laziness, his refusal to do the team things, and his unwillingness to put his body on the line throughout pre-season. And this after they gave up a king's ransom to get him to the club. I just hope he is willing to do his post-game recovery this year because he's going to need it with all that weight on his shoulders.

Is it that the Port Power (est. 1997) legends like Dean Brogan are just so out of touch with their club? Or is it really so dire down at Alberton that a lazy coward is already their best leader? I guess time will tell.

Lots of pressure on Jase and Port Power (est. 1997) this week. After a terrible pre-season and a home game first up, the fans could get very restless if it goes poorly and if Jase continues to show that he is a lazy, me-first player as he has throughout the pre-season. I bet tarp providers throughout Alberton are rubbing their hands together this week.

It's also really concerning that many Port Power (est. 1997) legends have put the weight of so much expectation on him already, with one of the all-time greats of their esteemed 27-year history, Dean Brogan, already anointing him the best leader at the club. Surely this has to be a concern after it had already emerged that their coach had singled him out for laziness, his refusal to do the team things, and his unwillingness to put his body on the line throughout pre-season. And this after they gave up a king's ransom to get him to the club. I just hope he is willing to do his post-game recovery this year because he's going to need it with all that weight on his shoulders.

Is it that the Port Power (est. 1997) legends like Dean Brogan are just so out of touch with their club? Or is it really so dire down at Alberton that a lazy coward is already their best leader? I guess time will tell.
Four months on, and still you are not taking this very well, are you?

You need to take a break from footy, go and do something that will help restore some calm and perspectiv.

Are you denying Dean Brogan made such comments?
Brogan didn’t say that he was Ports best leader, he said that long term he could be a future captain of the club.

He also said that North misdiagnosed JHFs condition in his legs, and that Port Adelaide got him out of a bad situation at North and into a safe environment.

Behind the scenes footage of Kane Francis-Cornes interviewing JHF from tonight.
200.gif

Brogan didn’t say that he was Ports best leader, he said that long term he could be a future captain of the club.

He also said that North misdiagnosed JHFs condition in his legs, and that Port Adelaide got him out of a bad situation at North and into a safe environment.

We're blessed to hear Dr Brogan's diagnosis.

Quite amazing this thread is still going, some serious hurting by the North Melbourne (who also play home games in Tasmania) Kangaroos fans, understandably so after losing such a talented young player.

I can't recall there being this much backlash after Port Adelaide first pick in the 2010 draft Ben Jacobs pretty much delisted himself from Port to get to North after two years. Sure, he lasted at least one more season (although only six more games), but Port got nothing for him.

North Melbourne Kangaroos (who also play home games in Tasmania) got a very good return and I think the supporters should be far less aggrieved than what we would have felt back when Jacobs left, but have instead turned to vicious personal insults of a young kid and wishes of career-ending injuries at a time where mental health is such a big issue amongst youth.

Maybe he should have just pulled a Bailey Smith (one such player who has already stated his mental health issues) in the first place and told recruiters he was unable and unwilling to move away from home, but at least Jason actually gave it a crack. The experience must have just been far worse than what he expected over at Arden St and down in Tassie, but he at least still tried it out for a year, which is more than some can say.

It's totally unfair the criticism this guy has been put through when in almost any other job it's perfectly fine to move companies or move to be closer to home, especially when there are examples like Bailey Smith, and the fact that North were adequately compensated for losing him.

Anyway, I'll sure enjoy watching him run around for the next 10 years rubbing salt in to all those deep wounds so many Vics/Tasmanians seem to have suffered. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back