Game Day JLT no. 1 - Ports v West Coast - Sunday 25/2/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Who?

Watts has to actually get the ball to use it - where was the link up play?
Motlop's skills have always been erratic and he isn't match fit.
Rockliff didn't play. Barry looked good. Trengove serviceable.

We nailed the recruits, however it's obvious that our game plan is the problem, and probably the dumb footy brains of several of our players.

If I am not mistaken it was the likes of Jonas and Wines that kicked the ball OOF under no pressure today, not the new recruits.
Yes that Wines one..ouch

He's absolutely garbage. Looked like a bloke playing a game for the almost footy legends side. He's done.

I'll agree Thomas struggled today but don't agree his done.
The blokes only just come off a hamstring playing in a totally different setup for the first time and the forward entry today was pretty avarage.
Let's at least give him a month of full training and a few games in the prison bars To prove his worth.

How much TOG did Thomas play? Seemed like he was out there for about 10 minutes.

I wasn't happy with JLT1 last year.

Much happier with the last.

Then Round 1 defeated Sydney.

Hopefully the same again this year.

If these trends continue... ehhh!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neade really struggled and so did Thomas. I will point out that Ebert stayed off after an early stint in the third quarter, SPP looked like he was slowing down as the game went on, Robbie was on and off, So was Boak. I don’t think Broady has too much to worry about with regards to getting back in the side.

I really liked Dom Barry...probably the one who surprised me the most. Watts seems to have ability to read the play through the middle and has a really defensive side to him.

Would love to see more of Joe Alley and I think he could be developed over time. Pittard seems to want to play for the Power.

For most of the second half we mainly played our second tier midfield and West Coast didn’t. They dominated possession and only won by 2 points.

And what was Dixon doing In that last tackle attempt? It looked like he was about to kill him but was brushed aside with ease, it was odd. It's like the planets just align for west coast whenever they play us. Sucks we have to play them twice this year.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

And what was Dixon doing In that last tackle attempt? It looked like he was about to kill him but was brushed aside with ease, it was odd. It's like the planets just align for west coast whenever they play us. Sucks we have to play them twice this year.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Never mind Willsy, at least Subi can cackle herself to sleep tonight ;)

If these trends continue... ehhh!

Bj5G4AACEAAx_m9.jpg

I'm actually feeling pretty positive. Until the last quarter I thought our pressure was really good. It also appeared we were tinkering a bit more than wce. Enjoyed the games of Hartlett, Barry and Hoff.
You’re quite right, at half time it looked like we could have run away with it and wasn’t too bad a start to the third quarter. But then, as expected, a few players were being tried out. West Coast kept their primary midfield in place, which blew us away. They should have won by much more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day JLT no. 1 - Ports v West Coast - Sunday 25/2/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back