Autopsy JLT Series. What you liked/disliked

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the more pertinent question is, "does anyone here disagree..."

There is no way we would have beaten GWS without Clay Smith's four first half goals. He was also important in setting up a couple of other goals; Tory Dickson's third and Zaine Cordy's second goals.

I reckon we still would have beaten the Hawks without Clay, but he definitely got us going late in the second quarter with two set shot goals. Without those goals, we wouldn't have taken any momentum into the main break.
I did read a few posters write how they were angry and bemused that Smith wasn't dropped for the first final, and possibly the second too. Man I laughed reading those.

So Roughy has hurt is hamstring tendon and has already had surgery. Will be back into full training in 8 weeks which is the Easter Long Weekend.

Time for Big Tommy C to come back and show us what he is made of, also the Big Bad Bront!

sackofballs - any chance of a Clay Smith highlights reel?

Four goals on debut goes OK.

This makes me genuinely sad with how much footspeed that guy has lost. He could have been a legitimate beast if he hadnt done those repeated knees.

Still a very tough and a great footballer, but he could have been even better.

This makes me genuinely sad with how much footspeed that guy has lost. He could have been a legitimate beast if he hadnt done those repeated knees.

Still a very tough and a great footballer, but he could have been even better.

On a positive note, he got to play in a Bulldogs premiership despite 3 knee reconstructions. I don't think he would be too displeased with how things have turned out for him in the end. I just hope he can get through his career without anymore major setbacks.

So who is currently injured? Im starting to lose track right now!! I know of:

Picken- Cheekbone?
Prudden- ACL
Redpath- ACL
Wallis- Leg
Roughead- Hammy
Bont- ??????
Greene- Foot
Dickson- Something i cant remember!
Smith- Also cant remember
Morris- Just the general soreness
Boyd- Gastro apparently (not really an injury i know)
Tweedie- Broken Leg recovery?
Suckers- Achilles/Ankle recovery
Wood- Ankle recovery
Roarke- Cant remember?

Is that all of them? If that is that means the only boys who didnt play on Sat. that arent injured are:
Collins
Lipinski
Young
Mullenger-McHugh
English
Williams

So who is currently injured? Im starting to lose track right now!! I know of:

Picken- Cheekbone?
Prudden- ACL
Redpath- ACL
Wallis- Leg
Roughead- Hammy
Bont- ??????
Greene- Foot
Dickson- Something i cant remember!
Smith- Also cant remember
Morris- Just the general soreness
Boyd- Gastro apparently (not really an injury i know)
Tweedie- Broken Leg recovery?
Suckers- Achilles/Ankle recovery
Wood- Ankle recovery
Roarke- Cant remember?

Is that all of them? If that is that means the only boys who didnt play on Sat. that arent injured are:
Collins
Lipinski
Young
Mullenger-McHugh
English
Williams
Picko looks pretty cheeky on Insta, wouldn't worry about him.
Dickson, either a groin or hip operation.
Smith, looked like an injured hand.
Bont - they are keeping it vewy vewy quiet. Don't want to think about it :unamused:.

Marcus Adams - what's his pre-season been like & is he a lock for best 22?
Still wearing a glove, not sure if it's to protect or it's just his style.

Pre-season game - Was shabby at the start but worked his way in. Didn't have good pre-season last year but during the year he was amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone at training today?

Appreciate observations - who is out there etc, especially amongst those that didn't pkay last week (Dickson, Smith, Bont, Moyd, Morris, Wood, Picken, Williams, Collins). Also how the new recruits look.

Man this thread is lacking info at the moment. Surely someone was there today who could tell us something about the intra club...

What were some of the matchups? Who played well? Who returned who didn't play JLT1? Did Bont play?

Any info or match would be much reports would be much appreciated!

Man this thread is lacking info at the moment. Surely someone was there today who could tell us something about the intra club...

What were some of the matchups? Who played well? Who returned who didn't play JLT1? Did Bont play?

Any info or match would be much reports would be much appreciated!

Appears all our BF Whitten Oval reporters have gone into retirement since the premiership...

I took the kids down and spent a bit of time chasing after them. Here were my take aways:

1. The most important observation - Suckling has shaved that woeful mess off his head. Big tick.

2. English affected nearly every tap during ruck contests against BTC. His ruck duels against Boyd were much harder as Boyd used his weight really well against him, putting him off balance. Timmy looks like he's filled out a little, or at least he has toned up, looked as though he has some form of muscle on his frame now. One play from a centre bounce he tapped it to his advantage, collected and cleared the ball in a freakishly natural way. Another play on the wing, he contested a mark and it spilled behind him, he spun and collected below his knees with one hand and launched it into the forward fifty off 2 steps. One last play that I just wowed at was after an uncontested mark on the defensive 50 arc. He took a moment surveying the ground before launching a huge kick to the opposite wing hitting Williams who had lost his defender, square on the chest. He seriously looks like something special. I just hope we manage his weight really well and get a great balance between his natural agility while developing his core strength.

3. Bob seemed to be in better touch than last week actually hitting targets and making better decisions.

4. JJ is as silky as ever. If he isn't our most important player by mid season, I'll eat my membership. Was everywhere today.

5. Williams had some very nice quick plays as a link up in the midfield. Broke lines, had quick hands and a couple of really nice clearing kicks to the advantage of his team mates. Can see him forging forward this year through the midfield.

5. Wallis and Redpath were the only two not playing (Roughy was absent from the day entirely).

I found it really hard telling who was who with new haircuts, no numbers and constant guernsey changes so I didn't get a read on Lipinski or the other new kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy JLT Series. What you liked/disliked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back