Game Day JLT2 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Monday 11th March 2.10PM @ Morwell - Final Team Post #777

Remove this Banner Ad

Three good games in a row by Cuningham also.
He just looks dangerous anywhere near the ball and hassles opponents out of possession.

May have got my 'wish' in having SPS, Weitering and Cuningham really come on. We needed it and what a difference they'll make.

Cuningham makes such a huge difference to that forward structure. Now, if only we could get MM fit and causing havoc again...

Fasolo looks in great condition, think he's a must add for R1 and will play a role.

Why didn’t Roosy mention that we had more scoring shots, he was going on& on in the first quarter about Collingwood having more scoring shots
I would have preferred that over Spud going on about Hamburgers, then scaffolding on SEN through the App. Unfortunately it’s not a public holiday here so I’m working

Cuningham makes such a huge difference to that forward structure. Now, if only we could get MM fit and causing havoc again...

Fasolo looks in great condition, think he's a must add for R1 and will play a role.

Soapy said that Fas looked underdone. I wouldn’t be rushing anyone in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Decent in the ruck taps but provides absolutely nothing in the follow up contests, Grundy was bullocking his way through the entirety of our midfield whilst Phillips was stood watching.

Not going to work in the modern game.

I'm not as low on him as Jimmae, but if we want to be competitive through the midfield, Kreuzer must play.

I thought he (Phillips) was much more aggressive against the Bombers.

Still thought he did alright against one of the premier ruckmen in the comp.

We were also up against a far superior midfield to what the bombers had.

Yes he’s second in line to Kreuzberg (was a funny autocorrect so I left it) but he’s more than adequate back up imo.

Will fill gaps in between Kreuzberg and TDK

Good hit out and am going to watch it again before really going into it too much.

Drinking a bit earlier than usual? He didn't even run the game out properly.

You've got it in for Phillips for some reason and it's clouding your judgement.

He was genuinely pretty good...broke even in the ruck contests and did some nice things around the ground.

A few nice follow up plays where he impacted the contested.
He made a really good defensive spoil on Varcoe that unfortunately went straight to Elliott who kicked a classy goal despite Phillips' lunging smother attempt.

Don't know how you could say he had a bad game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great 2nd half and some of the younger brigade appear to have improved which is a massive plus.... Gibbons will be handy and McGovern and Curnow are way better than todays effort so i am happy as i could be losing to the scum...

If Curnow played even a half decent game today we win that.

He had the O'Shea affect today, where he was actually his overall input would be a minus on the team for being on the field.

That was a great hitout.

Perfect last practice match for us.

Against a top line opposition with arguably the best midfield in the comp, a comeback from 23 or so points down, and then a tight finish to practice our handling late-game pressure and structures.

And we finished far stronger and should have won in the end.

I’m still trying to get over Roos comments that Walsh should play maybe 12 games and the rest in the VFL because Tom Mitchell. Even if we were the best side in the competition, Walsh would be playing round 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're taking his comments out of context, nothing to be upset about.

Just talking generally about there typically being too much expectations on draftees to step right in and have a huge impact and play a full season...he's right about that.

He also said if Walsh is good enough to play a full season he will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day JLT2 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Monday 11th March 2.10PM @ Morwell - Final Team Post #777

Remove this Banner Ad

Back