Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentators have been saying the Hill brothers aren't playing round 1 all game. I thought they were a good chance?
They've blown the club's damage control campaign out of the water.

Noticed they've also blown West Coast's Nic Nat & JK for Round 1 company line out of the water too. Now it's earliest round 3 for both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ten goal win. Wow. Imagine if we kicked straight.

Let's see how we go against Port in the real stuff to see if our structures hold.
It may have been a JLT game but the Eagles midfield was uncompetitive. The most important aspect of today’s game was the way the ball was moved out of defence - Luke Ryan and Wilson are beautiful kicks.

still not quite getting the connection into the forward line right, but a lot to like there. I'd be melting if I were an Eagles fan - absolute trash on their behalf.

Wow. Reckon Eagles either just didn't try at all or are going to be bottom 2 this season but still great performance from the boys. Few guys that still shouldn't be out there still but lot of positive performances from everyone else. Brayshaw and Banfield in particular for young guys look very good.

Only worry structure wise is how we operate when Tabs is up the ground/in the ruck and Sandi isn't deep forward. McCarthy's strength isn't contested marking so all our long bombs (which turn out alright when Tabs is around) end up just getting chopped off. Either need a Johnson/Kersten in there or just chuck a tall mid in to provide a contest. Tabs should just be locked into the forward 50. Cuts down on his brain fades that he seems to make when hes further up the ground as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back