Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't want to draw two many conclusions from pre season form, but there's a huge amount to like about how we've progressed over the three games; particularly compared to our last couple of pre-seasons.

The only thing you can legitimately take from that game is...eagles suck

Only worry structure wise is how we operate when Tabs is up the ground/in the ruck and Sandi isn't deep forward.
I thought it worked really well structurally. Taberner's around the ground marking was a feature and was an important part of keeping the game on our terms. As a pinch hitting relief ruck looked a good strategy to me.

I thought it worked really well structurally. Taberner's around the ground marking was a feature and was an important part of keeping the game on our terms. As a pinch hitting relief ruck looked a good strategy to me.
The club won't resist the urge to play Darcy though

Liked how we have ready made replacements for Pearce, Johnson, Sandi, Mundy, Sutcliffe, Ballantyne and Spurr and most look quality.

Cerra and Crowden and North could take over from Danyle now. They may lack some puff but they surely couldn’t turn the ball over more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In two minds about today , on 1 hand as a day dot docker you learn to take your wins when you can and grasp hold of whatever joy you can !

On the other hand pre seasons are a bit like champaign breakfasts a little bit of a buzz is ok but any more and it usually comes back to bite you on the bum and the wedding photos look like a scene from the walking dead

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've had a few so here goes

This is a different Tabs, don't know if the penny has dropped, if he's had an epiphany or just natural development

But his effort today had shades of Riewoldt on it, last JLT game wasn't too shabby either

I know, I know it's pre season

Only watched bits and pieces.

Great see to see Tucker find a bit if the footy. Also good to see Langdon step up on the wing with Hill out.

Always been a fan of Tab's potential and looks strong and hopefully this is his year. Looks best deep!

Great structure from what I saw. I don't remember any passage where we didn't have a player to kick to up the field.

AP <3

Yeah I think once again the club can take a bow on its development of a player.
Tabs has improved his skills,most noticeably got his hands right,body work in contested situations is completely transformed,field kicking,decision making,team work...all the things he's been required to work on have improved massively.
All credit to his hard work and application to the task,we've got a player.
Incremental improvement season after season and now the hard work and learnings generate a quantum leap.
We've got a player and he's not the same one as before.

In two minds about today , on 1 hand as a day dot docker you learn to take your wins when you can and grasp hold of whatever joy you can !

On the other hand pre seasons are a bit like champaign breakfasts a little bit of a buzz is ok but any more and it usually comes back to bite you on the bum and the wedding photos look like a scene from the walking dead

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great analogy!

Yeah I think once again the club can take a bow on its development of a player.
Tabs has improved his skills,most noticeably got his hands right,body work in contested situations is completely transformed,field kicking,decision making,team work...all the things he's been required to work on have improved massively.
All credit to his hard work and application to the task,we've got a player.
Incremental improvement season after season and now the hard work and learnings generate a quantum leap.
We've got a player and he's not the same one as before.

Didn't I just say that :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back