Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets put this game into context , between the 12 minute mark , 1st quarterand half time - Freo belt the living bejesus out of wce . The game wad dead at this point.
Simpson was pretty agitated at 3qt because he knew and knows that his jelly spined team had no will to get into it , they were defeated mentally

To be fair, in the absence of JK, the west coast forwards are witches hats
Yes the forward line for WCE is very ordinary outside of JK . Kicked 56 and 39 points in the JLT series , Our non existent ,Weakest in the league forward line (as WCE supporters describe it ) kicked 81 and 101 .Even better the 101 was against their elite backline (their description) Their biggest problem is their midfield it was at full strength today against a team who had their best two wingmen out and they got absolutely belted in the middle.

Finally finished going through the WC thread. Wow, it's like the perfect mixture of hilarity and sadness. Endless excuses. Apparently their senior team all didn't care and they'd be much better in round 1. If that is true... Ytf was Shuey being a little sniping sh**bag at the end of the game? Why would Simpson be so furious at 3/4 time? Why would Channel Eagle need to divert to Nic Nat WAFL watch more than a day after the event?

He would be third in line behind Hamling and A Pearce if he came to us. One trick pony. If the ball hits the ground he’s buggered.
I wouldn't call it 3rd in line, but yes he'd probably get the 3rd best forward. His role would be different to theirs though, and about intercepting/helping out as opposed to shutting down their opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And seriously... Danyle Pearce’s game.. only 3 turnovers.. that’s when you know we are flying!
Yet every one of those 3 caused a 30 post tirade in this thread. 20 touches, a goal, all from reduced minutes.

DP, welcome to round 1.

Yes the forward line for WCE is very ordinary outside of JK . Kicked 56 and 39 points in the JLT series , Our non existent ,Weakest in the league forward line (as WCE supporters describe it ) kicked 81 and 101 .Even better the 101 was against their elite backline (their description) Their biggest problem is their midfield it was at full strength today against a team who had their best two wingmen out and they got absolutely belted in the middle.

Be serious. Their midfield doesn't have a full strength. Shit, it doesn't even have mid strength.

Exactly, Doughboy.. takes the easy options. Yes he can intercept better than anyone, but that’s where it stops..would you pick him over Hamling? I doubt it.
Well if I had the choice of another Hamling, or him, I'd take him easy.
They're different players and it'd be wrong to choose one over the other, irrespective of the players around them.
Such a good intercepting player is probably a bit harder to come by though than a good lockdown defender.

Yet every one of those 3 caused a 30 post tirade in this thread. 20 touches, a goal, all from reduced minutes.

DP, welcome to round 1.
Dunno if he gets a start or not but especially preseason players are allowed a metre or two.
Pearce had a reasonable game.
Our game day starts off with the usual suspects predictably slagging their scapegoats;then we play some excellent footy and they disappear??
They're Fremantle 'supporters'??
Weirdomania.

there's some weird shiz in the slime match thread. Apparently their whole team did a full training session last night to simulate playing under fatigue and commentary was biased toward Freo and it was so unfair only having Pav on the boundary.
I guess when you're used to the media fawning over you forever a bit of truth is hard to take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review JLT2: Freo vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back