AFL Toast JLT2: Geelong vs Essendon, Central Reserve, Sunday 11/03/18 @ 1:05 PM

Does anybody care who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They started banging on about Sellwood legs getting take out. Hurley had his legs taken out and the player wasn't in possession of he ball and doesn't rate a mention.

Its just a discussion point after the horrendous call against roughy last night.
There is ambiguity in the rule for a lot of the media because it used to be a sliding rule, now its any forceful contact even of you have the ball.

They started banging on about Sellwood legs getting take out. Hurley had his legs taken out and the player wasn't in possession of he ball and doesn't rate a mention.
and then Geelong player gets shot on goal (for a goal) for dubious in the back by Begley in the next play.

8.2.50 in a half of footy with Essendon in front yet all I'm seeing is bitching and moaning about the umps and other stuff.

The record for most free kicks in a game is 72, there's been 40 paid to halftime. I think it's fair people are frustrated by the over umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives

Effort
In front at half time
Straight kicking
Zach Merrett
Zaharakis (5 tackles) good running
Devon Smith

Negatives

Way too many passengers
Hooker, Walla and others way off their best
Menzel playing as though he has no opponent
Hawkins making Ambrose look 2nd rate

Selwood and Duncan doing what they like, apart from that some good signs. Zerrett and Heppell look in good nick, Bellcho has been good I thought, our tall forwards all look dangerous and McNeice has done some nice things also so will maybe keep his place in the back pocket over Baguley with a big second half

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The record for most free kicks in a game is 72, there's been 40 paid to halftime. I think it's fair people are frustrated by the over umpiring.

Yeh all those "high tackles" and "in the backs" piss me off, not only do they crush the flow of the game but they reward play where the contest becomes more about fooling the ump and not about playing the ball, bad for footy.

Positives

Effort
In front at half time
Straight kicking
Zach Merrett
Zaharakis (5 tackles) good running
Devon Smith

Negatives

Way too many passengers
Hooker, Walla and others way off their best
Menzel playing as though he has no opponent
Hawkins making Ambrose look 2nd rate
Agreed re Ambrose.

Would love to see Hooker play on Hawkins and Stringer to FF for a quarter.

That dropped mark from Walla :(

Selwood and Duncan doing what they like, apart from that some good signs. Zerrett and Heppell look in good nick, Bellcho has been good I thought, our tall forwards all look dangerous and McNeice has done some nice things also so will maybe keep his place in the back pocket over Baguley with a big second half

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
McNiece > Bags any day!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast JLT2: Geelong vs Essendon, Central Reserve, Sunday 11/03/18 @ 1:05 PM

Back