Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

This one will be painful for all involved.

Essendon won't move on this until Papley trade is done, because they'll want to ask for whatever those incoming picks are to be included in the trade.
You'd have to think sydney are well aware and fully prepared for how dodoro works before picking daniher as a target.

Usually I'd be pissed as hell at the blatant tampering pulled off by Sydney but it's probably cost them getting Daniher as a free agent.

I get the feeling Essendon have got nervous about him leaving for just the 1 draft pick and have accelerated the process. Similar to Port and Wingard.

He's probably the most talented forward in the game but given injuries and free agency his value has to be lower than the top price. Pick 5 and an exchange of something else might be about it. Or 9 and something more if Sydney get more creative. 5 and 9 doesn't seem likely.

Come on down Papley.

Daniher plus 37 for Papley plus 5
If we're going to trade Papley, I'd much rather just get Carlton's pick 9 than this.

Usually I'd be pi**ed as hell at the blatant tampering pulled off by Sydney but it's probably cost them getting Daniher as a free agent.

I get the feeling Essendon have got nervous about him leaving for just the 1 draft pick and have accelerated the process. Similar to Port and Wingard.

He's probably the most talented forward in the game but given injuries and free agency his value has to be lower than the top price. Pick 5 and an exchange of something else might be about it. Or 9 and something more if Sydney get more creative. 5 and 9 doesn't seem likely.
5 and 9 or take the gamble on him next year changing his mind
He doesn't and we get a 1st rd comp pick anyway.
So if its a choice of one pick this year or one next year and a chance he stays, easy for me
2x top 10 picks this year is enticing given he has indicated a desire to leave

Makes it tough for Essendon to win the off-season again this year :(

e41360785ee94a9017724cefd70416d2cbd814ef.gif

Oh ye of little faith...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would the AFL be happy for us to have a gun player in Sydney?

You do realise the last time that happened, we got a trade ban for following the rules, right?
You mean when you offered the largest contract in history which only your club could afford by gaming a farcical COLA system and ruined head office’s plans for buddy to be at their new franchise? Slightly differing circumstance

You mean when you offered the largest contract in history which only your club could afford by gaming a farcical COLA system and ruined head office’s plans for buddy to be at their new franchise? Slightly differing circumstance
How did we game COLA?

How was the system farcical? It's much more expensive to live in Sydney. That's a fact.

Not this shit again COLA was 10% on top of what the player was earning every player manager knew how it worked as it was in contract.

How did we game COLA?

How was the system farcical? It's much more expensive to live in Sydney. That's a fact.

Appalling that Joe has nominated a singular club. If he wants to go to the city of Sydney he shouldve just nominated NSW and let Essendon get the best price for him.

#amIdoingthisright?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back