Club Legend
Jul 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Melb. Storm, Steelers
Havn't heard a whisper about corey

everyone hears about ling, ablett, bartel etc.....

corey's flown under the radar, and what impact will this have come tommorow?/

He's hardly flown under the radar, he was in the bloody All Australian team.

Good honest midfielder who benefitted from teams focussing their attention on Bartel, Ablett jr, etc. The least deserving of all Geelong's AA picks except Mooney.

Did he have a better season than Mitchell, Foley, Hodge, Priddis, Simon Black, Swan or Tarkyn Lockeyer? No.

Good honest midfielder who benefitted from teams focussing their attention on Bartel, Ablett jr, etc. The least deserving of all Geelong's AA picks except Mooney.

Did he have a better season than Mitchell, Foley, Hodge, Priddis, Simon Black, Swan or Tarkyn Lockeyer? No.

Mate your spot on.

He is exactly the same as Chad Fletcher. Other teams worried about Judd, Kerr, Cousins but Fletcher was left alone and was able to get a heap of the ball.

His figures would suggest he's probably better than the players you mentioned. That said, I do agree he benefited from not having the quality tag like some of the others.

The guy is still a super player, but the AA selectors probably rely too much on the numbers just like the umpires do when giving Brownlow votes.

I'd have Mitchell in ahead, as he has to shake a good tag every week.

Hodge & Lockyer were very unlucky too.

Statistically? Yes.

In effect? The All-Australian selectors thought so.

Were any of those players mentioned clearly better than Corey this season? No.

Havn't heard a whisper about corey

everyone hears about ling, ablett, bartel etc.....

corey's flown under the radar, and what impact will this have come tommorow?/

Under the radar?

AA selection, highlighted as one part of the 62 vote winning Geelong midfield. Mate if you haven't heard a whisper about Corey, you're watching the Women's Soccer World Cup.

Very good footballer, deserved a nomination for AA but was probably lucky to be selected. Would be in the top 10 midfeilders in the AFL if he could kick.

Statistically? Yes.

In effect? The All-Australian selectors thought so.

Were any of those players mentioned clearly better than Corey this season? No.
I reckon Mitchell, Black and Hodge were clearly better than Corey.

I rate Corey very highly, but those 3 are elite players who play at a different level to Corey when they get going.

I reckon Mitchell, Black and Hodge were clearly better than Corey.

I rate Corey very highly, but those 3 are elite players who play at a different level to Corey when they get going.

Black didn't even make the top 50 for possessions in the league. You're just not going to make AA with those numbers.

A very strong case could be made for Hodge and Mitchell, but again, they weren't clearly better. It was probably a coin flip between them.

Only guy to be top 5 in the AFL for clearances, tackles and possessions. AA selection was disputed, but not to the point where it was a complete joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Corey- the forgotten geelong midfielder superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back