John McCarthy passes away in Las Vegas. RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Essendon, but this is a superb gesture.

'Massive respect to Essendon. More than 20 Bombers were due to hit Las Vegas on Wednesday. They have cancelled trip in light of today's news.'

don't really know how that is out of respect? I think people on this board are going a little overboard...

Was just 11 months ago I hoped Port didn't draft him ahead of Richmond because he had a lot to offer us.

Saddest of news really.

RIP mate, his girlfriend is an absolute stunner too. This is true tragedy, when life's taken away way too soon.

My thoughts also to the Collingwood and Port Adelaide Football Clubs. No matter what bullshit we always talk about when it comes to footy, this league is fantastic and when we need to, we rally together.

don't really know how that is out of respect? I think people on this board are going a little overboard...

Not sure if you know what the meaning of the word respect is. How many average posts are you going to post in this thread?

You should be ashamed of yourself. For real.

Mods please ban this troll. What a disgraceful thing to say! have some respect and if you cant say anything nice get out of this thread.

I cant beleive some people sometimes. NFI.

I don't think OhDarling genuinely meant that, was just implying the guy he replied to was going over the top with "players could have prevented it" etc

I'd suggest it is more along the lines of "one of our colleagues/peers has just died here, nobody feels much like partying it up right now"... I guess some people can ignore it or don't give a shit... but most decent humans would have that emotional reaction of not feeling up to celebrating for a little while

Did Maguire have to make this about Collingwood FFS. My God, had to stop the car I was so angry.

Mate I didn't think Eddie did anything wrong. He spoke of the Collingwood families loss as we speak of the Port Adelaide families loss and the broader football community speak of their loss.

I would bet my last dollar Eddie has been in touch with Keith Thomas and offered support and if there is anything he can do personally or Collingwood can do as a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that it is fair to say that Port has handled this terrible situation with as much class and quality that can be expected under the circumstances. I think that the same can be said for Collingwood, in fact all clubs and the AFL.

All but one media outlet handled this a lot better than many of us thought that they would, which we should also acknowledge. The one media outlet who was pathetic is feeling the backlash from fans, which is good to hear.

In such a sad day in many peoples lives, it was good to see some respect and morals coming from the majority of the football community, including this forum.

Pretty damn disappointing of media outlets to be posting images of Port players visibly distressed and grieving as they walk into Alberton. Where's the right to privacy these days? Same goes with taking photos of a grieving PM over the weekend. It's disgraceful even in times like this that all media outlets want is hits on their website and all the money they can get.
What do you expect?

Some news sources saying he was nowhere near his booked hotel and may have fallen from a tree, not a balcony?
Had he been drinking?

RIP.

He was found around 5am and he was in Vegas, i think it's safe to assume he was doing what every young bloke does on a footy trip having a few drinks. Everyone does it at some stage it's just a tragedy that occasionally an accident like this happens. Terrible news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back