John McCarthy passes away in Las Vegas. RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All but one media outlet handled this a lot better than many of us thought that they would, which we should also acknowledge. The one media outlet who was pathetic is feeling the backlash from fans, which is good to hear.
One media outlet contacted me an hour before the name was revealed trying to get a hold of Johns partner and wanted her number to do an interview.

The Advertiser is a disgrace.

One media outlet contacted me an hour before the name was revealed trying to get a hold of Johns partner and wanted her number to do an interview.

Geez that's low. Can that be reported to anyone? Good man for not giving in to them, media outlets rely on people wanting to be part of the story and having their 15mins.

He was found around 5am and he was in Vegas, i think it's safe to assume he was doing what every young bloke does on a footy trip having a few drinks. Everyone does it at some stage it's just a tragedy that occasionally an accident like this happens. Terrible news.
Don't blame the alcahol though, it's never the alcohols fault.
Do you think "every young bloke does on a footy trip" and "Everyone does it" is good enough?
Expensive drink I reckon. Very sad.

Simply gutted by this story. A young man with his whole life ahead of him cut short in tragic circumstances. Thoughts are with his family, friends and teammates in this difficult time. RIP.

Im just gutted about this
He's just one year younger than me
Life is so unfair at times
My heart goes to everyone feeling the hurt about this
Makes you stop and think that footy isnt everything! Makes me have so much more respect for all the men that play the sport i love so much! Just hope they all know how much they mean to me!

RIP Jmac xx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunch of scumbags, what sort of a half-decent human being would think that is acceptable behaviour ?.

Terrible, terrrible news, feel so sorry for the family.

Just **** off will you. Do you have to question everything in this thread

It's the only thing I've questioned in this thread?

Seriously, if you're going to be this emotional over a comment like that, maybe you should log off for a few hours.

The man fell, it's no reason for a completely different to avoid an entire town, it's not like he was infected with the bird flu.

This news is just devastating. So sad losing a young footballer from the game we love.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. I hope the Port boys can support each other and work through this.

Geez that's low. Can that be reported to anyone? Good man for not giving in to them, media outlets rely on people wanting to be part of the story and having their 15mins.

Media Watch. Some of things I've seen today disgust me to the point where I don't think I want to be a journalist if this is what I'm expected to do. Utter filth.

Did Maguire have to make this about Collingwood FFS. My God, had to stop the car I was so angry.

Come on be realistic his president of the club JMac played 4 years at it would be disgraceful if Collingwood didn't acknowledge his time at our club

Alot of his friends which are Pie players have come out with tweets paying there respects are they making it about Collingwood

It's the only thing I've questioned in this thread?

Seriously, if you're going to be this emotional over a comment like that, maybe you should log off for a few hours.

The man fell, it's no reason for a completely different to avoid an entire town, it's not like he was infected with the bird flu.
So why do you think they've cancelled their trip then you smartasse? Coincidence? Haha ok :thumbsu:

If you use social media it's not hard to crank up the heat yourself these days.

Get the name of the reporter and call for their head. Watch the mob take over.

So why do you think they've cancelled their trip then you smartasse? Coincidence? Haha ok :thumbsu:

Are you illiterate or something?

Of course they canceled the trip because of this incident. I'm saying that it is stupid to avoid the city over an isolated incident which could've happened absolutely anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back