Jonathan O'Rourke

Remove this Banner Ad

As I posted in the Box Hill match day thread he looked slow and got caught quite a few times. Let’s hope he finishes well in the final next week.

I feel for the bloke in a big way. He's had Cyril's hamstring worries to the power of 10, and he just plays like a bloke who has no faith in his ability to push himself for speed, or lunge for that tackle. I can't even imagine having this knowledge of what you were capable of but just not being able to do it.

It's important to remember that he wasn't a poor pick up at the time, but sometimes fate just has designs of its own. Plus looking at pick 19 and afterwards in that draft, we had a 1 in 30 chance of picking up anyone halfway decent anyway.

I feel for the bloke in a big way. He's had Cyril's hamstring worries to the power of 10, and he just plays like a bloke who has no faith in his ability to push himself for speed, or lunge for that tackle. I can't even imagine having this knowledge of what you were capable of but just not being able to do it.

It's important to remember that he wasn't a poor pick up at the time, but sometimes fate just has designs of its own. Plus looking at pick 19 and afterwards in that draft, we had a 1 in 30 chance of picking up anyone halfway decent anyway.
It was a poor pick up. He showed very little at GWS and rarely even glimpses of potential either at Hawthorn or Box Hill.

It was a poor pick up. He showed very little at GWS and rarely even glimpses of potential either at Hawthorn or Box Hill.

I'm glad you watched all his GWS and NEAFL games so the rest of us don't have to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seems like all those injuries have taken too much of a toll, both physically and mentally. Can't really blame him all that much, some players don't have any luck. Hopefully he does his bit to get the boys over the line on Sunday though

I'm glad you watched all his GWS and NEAFL games so the rest of us don't have to.

By that logic, we’ve never made a poor trade in the history of footy because all AFL players have been standouts at some inferior level. Even Vickery is looking inspired.

Sometimes you just need to take your blinkers off and admit it didn’t work out. Ultimately you can only judge players on their output in a Hawks’ guernsey and admit when we haven’t seen a great return.

By that logic, we’ve never made a poor trade in the history of footy because all AFL players have been standouts at some inferior level. Even Vickery is looking inspired.

Sometimes you just need to take your blinkers off and admit it didn’t work out. Ultimately you can only judge players on their output in a Hawks’ guernsey and admit when we haven’t seen a great return.

I don't have my blinkers on, I don't know what point you're trying to make because I was disagreeing with the contention that he has never played well at all.

We made a list management decision, it didn't work out for one reason or another - saying he was never played well at any level is wrong.

I watched all of his GWS games, and saw him train a few times. There was not a lot to watch. I must admit I saw potential from his body shape and such attributes, but never on the field I am afraid. Very disappointed he didn't work out for us.

Any chance of a delist and keep as a rookie? Feel we started to finally fix his hammies this year - unfortunately picked up another injury when he got an afl game.

Every nowand then does a burst or move out of a pack that screams elite but can’t keep it up and his kicking has really fallen away.

Was still picked ahead of cousins and Lovell this year and from my limited box hill watching appeared to be the player who was always tagged.

I don't have my blinkers on, I don't know what point you're trying to make because I was disagreeing with the contention that he has never played well at all.

We made a list management decision, it didn't work out for one reason or another - saying he was never played well at any level is wrong.
No one said he was no good at any level. He was obviously an U18 gun. I said he showed little at Box Hill, Hawthorn or in his few games for GWS. Can you remember any games for those clubs where he really impressed?
He was a poor draft choice for GWS and a poor trade for us. That much is obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonathan O'Rourke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back