Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Dunno if I'm allowed in here or not (sorry if I'm not) but Jordy's done a podcast with a good mate of mine today, really interesting chat about how he thinks and goes about life - certainly a much smarter character than people give him credit for, and shares some great insights into the club - perfect for curing some lockdown boredom

Enjoy:)

Hey guys,

Dunno if I'm allowed in here or not (sorry if I'm not) but Jordy's done a podcast with a good mate of mine today, really interesting chat about how he thinks and goes about life - certainly a much smarter character than people give him credit for, and shares some great insights into the club - perfect for curing some lockdown boredom

Enjoy:)

Thanks for sharing mate :thumbsu: Friendly opposition supporters are always welcome.

The City Boyz thanks for posting.
Great to hear him speak - I didn’t know he could string more than a few words together!
Time to end the Dusty comparison for ever now, (pretty sure he can’t string more than a few words together 😂).

The City Boyz thanks for posting.
Great to hear him speak - I didn’t know he could string more than a few words together!
Time to end the Dusty comparison for ever now, (pretty sure he can’t string more than a few words together 😂).
Anytime mate
He's certainly a lot brighter than what I expected, or perhaps he's just matured in the last year or so

That was a great insight into Jordy and he has more of a brain than I gave him credit for.

I reckon that we might see a big year from him next year, particularly noting the influence of the new coaches.

Anytime mate
He's certainly a lot brighter than what I expected, or perhaps he's just matured in the last year or so
Your comment about him maturing in the last year + his comments about dealing with "personal/family issues" last year seem to go hand in hand to my mind.

Speaking on The Unlaced Podcast, De Goey said the comparisons between him and Martin following his breakout season were tiresome.

"It pisses me off," the Magpies spearhead said.

"I was a kid and I had one good year and all of a sudden it was like '[Dusty] kicks goals and he's a powerful kind of guy'.

"I started doing a little bit of that and I was showing glimpses of that, then all of a sudden someone puts this label on you and people read about this, and then they judge you on that... it's just like all this unneeded stress.

"The amount of people that will be like 'oh he's a Kmart Dusty, he can't even tie Dusty's shoelace', I get so much funny shit like that.

"Then I'll play a good game and then they'll be like 'oh actually you're alright, you're not too bad'."

The Magpies gun put light on the unfair juxtapositions that impacted him in just his fourth season in the AFL.

"You're being compared to the f**king best bloke in the game and I'm 21, 22 (years old).

"You're kidding yourself if you ever think I'm going to be anywhere near him at that age."

He likes the nicer things in life but has really enjoyed motor cross riding atm (not sure if he mentions that haven't listened) goes upto a farm quite often and rides around the estate.

As long as he stays on the bike it seems to keep him out of trouble.

Top 3 in our BnF.

Last edited:
He likes the nicer things in life but has really enjoyed bike riding atm (not sure if he mentions that haven't listened) goes upto a farm quite often and rides around the estate.

As long as he stays on the bike it seems to keep him out of trouble.

Top 3 in our BnF.

There are worse ways to pass the day, riding is awesome. If this keeps him out of strife and happy, it's great. Some players need an escape, somewhere to release the pressure valve. We all do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a great insight into Jordy and he has more of a brain than I gave him credit for.

I reckon that we might see a big year from him next year, particularly noting the influence of the new coaches.

He has featured on a couple of Collingwood podcasts over the last couple of years. I reckon he was on Pendles' Jock N Journo pod in maybe 2019 and I was pleasantly surprised then, too.

He has also spoken well when speaking to Cal Twomey from AFL.com.au

The media only really report on the traffic offenses and other alleged incidents...

He has featured on a couple of Collingwood podcasts over the last couple of years. I reckon he was on Pendles' Jock N Journo pod in maybe 2019 and I was pleasantly surprised then, too.

He has also spoken well when speaking to Cal Twomey from AFL.com.au

The media only really report on the traffic offenses and other alleged incidents...
People are also stupid and will take a heard mentality to things like this, i.e a player is 'dumb'.

Always thought Jordan has spoken well and seems relatively level-headed.

Plenty of people make basic errors when young, his problem is it's in the limelight.

People are also stupid and will take a heard mentality to things like this, i.e a player is 'dumb'.

Always thought Jordan has spoken well and seems relatively level-headed.

Plenty of people make basic errors when young, his problem is it's in the limelight.

It doesn't help that him being caught driving whilst using his phone has got more media coverage than Hunter and Buddy crashing into how many cars?

There are worse ways to pass the day, riding is awesome. If this keeps him out of strife and happy, it's great. Some players need an escape, somewhere to release the pressure valve. We all do.

Hmmm you mean like water skiing? Just ask Ottens and Wines. Or freestyle BMX for any lurking North fans?

I’m 100% not being the fun police here because he wouldn’t be allowed to do it under the terms of his contract without the permission of the club. Like you I think if it works for him in the context of getting some anonymity and a release I’m on board.

Hmmm you mean like water skiing? Just ask Ottens and Wines. Or freestyle BMX for any lurking North fans?

I’m 100% not being the fun police here because he wouldn’t be allowed to do it under the terms of his contract without the permission of the club. Like you I think if it works for him in the context of getting some anonymity and a release I’m on board.
Yes the 'Daisy' clause.

Fair point and it did cross my mind because I've hurt myself dirt-biking at the farm. :) It's finding the right balance of risk vs player wellbeing.

Freestyle BMX :eek: :eek: :eek:

I reckon De Goey is one of the players Macrae challenged to come back better in the off season. Expect a higher level and more consistent year for Jordy and particularly since he is out of contract

I would expect he challenged all of them.

The Goo looks happy, healthy and in a good head space. Hopefully, he has a injury free summer. Looking forward to watching him develop next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back