Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just get our beast ready and unleash the beast Prelim Night

I would rest him for the prelim and keep him cherry ripe for the grand final.

You’re on the easy side of the fixture now and he’s far too an important commodity to miss a grand final.

If ever there was incentive to get right for a game...the club will move heaven and earth to get Jordy up. If not for the PF, then the big dance if we make it.

Very anxiously waiting on an update.

It very likely could be just tightness. I would imagine it would have been an absolutely ZERO risk policy, given we were well in control of the game and have bigger fish to fry. Similar to Moore, i’d imagine its nothing to serious but the Doc’s put a line through him.

Imagine if it was just tightness, they sent him back out and he tore it off the bone. I reckon they would take absolutely no risks with De Goey

Calling it early and I could be completely wrong, but it seems like there's been a bit of a shift in terms of when to call it a night for our players.

Perhaps the club have decided to just pull players off once they start feeling tight, rather than completely damaging the muscle. Better to lose player for a half than 3-4 weeks. Obviously for a grand final or prelim you'd play them til they break.

It would also the require the club to have a great deal of trust on the player. Hoping this is what's happened with De Goey

Calling it early and I could be completely wrong, but it seems like there's been a bit of a shift in terms of when to call it a night for our players.

Perhaps the club have decided to just pull players off once they start feeling tight, rather than completely damaging the muscle. Better to lose player for a half than 3-4 weeks. Obviously for a grand final or prelim you'd play them til they break.

It would also the require the club to have a great deal of trust on the player. Hoping this is what's happened with De Goey
Absolutely agree. Seems to be a completely zero risk policy. Makes sense to me, for the reasons you point out.

I’m clinging to hope!
If you felt anything, and I mean anything! No matter how small, tight or whatever you’d take no risks.
This is the incredible bonus of finishing top four - there will be another day regardless of win or loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you play him if he is right? He looked out of sorts when he was on (apart from the checkside). Especially with doubt in his mind.
Does anyone know how Wells went in the scratch match? He could be the X factor come prelim.

He had little influence at we still won easily, Im not too worried if he doesn’t get up however he does step up when we play the tigers though

I think part of it also is, when did we last have a 3 week hamstring injury? It seems to be 6 weeks or 6 months. Tightness at Collingwood is 6 weeks. An actual serious hamstring injury like Treloar's double, or Kelly early in this season, is surgery and season over. We have had more hamstrings requiring surgical repair at Collingwood in the last few years than "normal" hamstring injuries. I've never seen a plague like it.

Tom Browne has quoted De Goey this morning as saying he’s “back in the rehab group”. This would seem to indicate he has had some sort of strain. He may well not have his MRI results back yet however.

I think part of it also is, when did we last have a 3 week hamstring injury? It seems to be 6 weeks or 6 months. Tightness at Collingwood is 6 weeks. An actual serious hamstring injury like Treloar's double, or Kelly early in this season, is surgery and season over. We have had more hamstrings requiring surgical repair at Collingwood in the last few years than "normal" hamstring injuries. I've never seen a plague like it.
Moore trained three days after reporting tightness so it sounds like Jordy has sustained some damage.

Why cant you recover from a strain in 2 weeks. Still could play. Had no ice on it so it couldnt have been that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back