Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I must honestly say that in my 50 years of following afl that i have never seen a club that has been in so much uncertainty with its salary cap
the De Goey , Stephenson , Mihocek , Treloar , Beams , Phillips situations are a real mess and just doesnt seem to end.

Has there ever been a trade where 2 clubs have been talking about a player then carrying out the trade to then afterwards not agree to the sum he is going to be covered by the old club ? You would have to ask yourself if the Treloar trade didnt happen or falls through how does the Pies resolve their Salary cap problem.

If the Doggies walk way from this (by refusing anything less than a $300k x 5 year contribution by collingwood) does Treloar go back to collingwood ? Does this then force De Goey into the draft due to cap problems ?

Looking at the list with players like Cox , Mayne , Sier , brown's etc you would have to ask - HOW ?
The dogs have already traded one of their Treloar picks. They can't go back now.

I must honestly say that in my 50 years of following afl that i have never seen a club that has been in so much uncertainty with its salary cap
the De Goey , Stephenson , Mihocek , Treloar , Beams , Phillips situations are a real mess and just doesnt seem to end.

Has there ever been a trade where 2 clubs have been talking about a player then carrying out the trade to then afterwards not agree to the sum he is going to be covered by the old club ? You would have to ask yourself if the Treloar trade didnt happen or falls through how does the Pies resolve their Salary cap problem.

If the Doggies walk way from this (by refusing anything less than a $300k x 5 year contribution by collingwood) does Treloar go back to collingwood ? Does this then force De Goey into the draft due to cap problems ?

Looking at the list with players like Cox , Mayne , Sier , brown's etc you would have to ask - HOW ?
I remember Derek Hine was promoted from talent scout to list manager around 3-4 years ago, he didn't last long before being demoted, if i had to guess i'd say some of this is a result of the mess he made.

It's because AFL house realised that Collingwood were doing the dodgy with Beams. They were paying him close to a minimum wage, in exchange for Eddie paying off his gambling debts. AFL got wind of it, and are allowing Collingwood to self manage their way out of this mess- but I can say with certainty, Eddie will not be President come round one. Beams "leaving", the fire sale and Geoff Walsh's "retirement" are the domino's to fall so far, and there will be more to come.

No worries fella. I’m interested to know how you know about all these behind the scene matters of a club you don’t even follow. Enlighten me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's because AFL house realised that Collingwood were doing the dodgy with Beams. They were paying him close to a minimum wage, in exchange for Eddie paying off his gambling debts. AFL got wind of it, and are allowing Collingwood to self manage their way out of this mess- but I can say with certainty, Eddie will not be President come round one. Beams "leaving", the fire sale and Geoff Walsh's "retirement" are the domino's to fall so far, and there will be more to come.

Genuinely curious how you would know this?

I remember Derek Hine was promoted from talent scout to list manager around 3-4 years ago, he didn't last long before being demoted, if i had to guess i'd say some of this is a result of the mess he made.
I think the mess started when Balme was flicked by Eddie and the place went to sh!t with the patients running the asylum

No worries fella. I’m interested to know how you know about all these behind the scene matters of a club you don’t even follow. Enlighten me.

Maybe he has a source at the club with good intel as you do !
you dont need to support a club to have friends in different places. I know a sponsor of the bulldogs who i speak with 1-2 times a week and we talk about stuff i wont reveal. My friend is a carlton supporter who also has somebody who knows an essendon person.

You mentioned in an earlier post you have info from the pies , but nobody questioned you doesnt mean just because you support them its a given fact.

If a trade of a player can be reversed so can a trade of picks , What makes that untouchable

At this point it will be like trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube.

I think whats more likely is if they can't come to an agree with the contracts they do some pick swapping to "balance" the trade.

If the aFL are letting dogs trade the picks, the trade must be going through. Once you start involving other clubs it muddies the waters. What if GWS traded that pick tomorrow and so on?
Not saying the trade wont go through but just saying if a trade of a player can be reversed the so can picks. Personally i think it will all work itself out and the Pies will pay what they are meant to. I cannot possibly see why the doggies would have taken Treloar if the 300k was not the contribution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he has a source at the club with good intel as you do !
you dont need to support a club to have friends in different places. I know a sponsor of the bulldogs who i speak with 1-2 times a week and we talk about stuff i wont reveal. My friend is a carlton supporter who also has somebody who knows an essendon person.

You mentioned in an earlier post you have info from the pies , but nobody questioned you doesnt mean just because you support them its a given fact.

Sorry I still don’t believe him.

Trying to get my head around the cap ramifications if this if true, and that’s a big if.

Last edited:
AFL are trying to sweep it under the table. It's why the list is being gutted and Walsh has departed with Eddie to follow shortly.
So they are already over? That was my feeling as to why the Treloar thing keeps getting extended as an extension seems pointless for just the Treloar situation.

Honestly, why do you bother with these threads? It’s just a Collingwood bashing circle jerk.

As Don Chipp used to say you have to “keep the bastards honest”.

It just annoys me that punters come on here and spin crap with no accountability. They’ve heard a rumour from somewhere along the way, they post it here as fact and it grows legs.

Sorry I still don’t believe him.

Thats fine and its your prerogative and im not sure there is anything he could say that would make you change your mind as its already predetermined
But why should anybody believe you when you claim you have an inside source at the club that confirms or gives you information.

You as well as anybody else here could be making things up to suit your narrative

AFL are trying to sweep it under the table. It's why the list is being gutted and Walsh has departed with Eddie to follow shortly.

If that were true, wouldn't that then implicate the AFL as well? They'd essentially be allowing a club to go over, but not allow that club to be that way at the start of next season? That would be a huge corruption story, that went all the way to the top...which is why I find it hard to believe that the AFL would be actively endorsing this behaviour.

Eddie has also given no indication that he's going anywhere, when all and sundry want him out. Odd if he were going to do it anyway, to do not just do it now.

Not doubting your intel, more just the specifics of it, and how much the AFL really knows. If any of this is true and the AFL know, then I will finally give the interstate teams license to go for broke with the whole 'Vicbias' schtick :smile:

So they are already over? That was my feeling as to why the Treloar thing keeps getting extended as an extension seems pointless for just the Treloar situation.
They are heavily over when it came to light that most of Beams' wage was being covered by the Collingwood president paying off his gambling debts.
Hence, Collingwood are trying to fight for every penny in the Treloar deal, as they need that money to extend De Goey at a respectable level, without going over the cap. They can't announce those deals until they get back under, hence the hold up with those announcements, which is an extension of the Treloar trade.

Thats fine and its your prerogative and im not sure there is anything he could say that would make you change your mind as its already predetermined
But why should anybody believe you when you claim you have an inside source at the club that confirms or gives you information.

You as well as anybody else here could be making things up to suit your narrative

I’ll have to go back and read my previous posts. Not sure I ever claimed to have an inside source. I got some second hand info which IF true might explain a few things about the Treloar contract but I have no way of verifying the veracity of it; hence why I won’t post it here.

This other pickle is acting like he knows exactly what’s going on at Collingwood with no accountability. I’m more than happy to concede if it pans out but sorry I remain very sceptical of a GWS supporter from Northern NSW having such specific info about the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back