Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordy, treloar, Grundy, Adams, Pendles and Sidey are all top 25 players in the league atm. Throw in Stephenson in 3 years. What a team. We need a brilliant defender and Kelly as Pendles replacement and we'll be up for the next five years.

Top 25?
Thats a bit much.
Only 2 made the AA team, and 2 others made the 40 man squad. That seems about accurate to me. Treloars performances this year are not really at that level, and although Adams have been recently, I would suggest that that is balanced by Pendles dropping away and not really being an AA lvl player at the moment.

Jordy, treloar, Grundy, Adams, Pendles and Sidey are all top 25 players in the league atm. Throw in Stephenson in 3 years. What a team. We need a brilliant defender and Kelly as Pendles replacement and we'll be up for the next five years.
On current form I wouldn't put Treloar, Adams or Pendles in there, but I agree on the others, and also your remark on Stephenson. I also wonder if Phillips keeps improving like he seems to have done every year if he could get there. Treloar I would've put in the top 25 in 2016 and maybe 2017 I don't actually think he has had a particularly great year this year from an individual point of view. I'd put Adams in the top 50 right now but I don't reckon he's in the top 25. And Pendles, well I'd have had him in the top 3 in the whole competition from 2010-2013, and hes still a good player now. But if I'm honest I thought Pendles' decision making/disposal was pretty poor for his standards against the tigers last week. Several terrible handballs where he took the wrong option, nearly turning the ball over and costing us goals, and more. He was good in the 2nd against richmond but aside from that i thought it was one of his worse finals in his career.

Top 25?
Thats a bit much.
Only 2 made the AA team, and 2 others made the 40 man squad. That seems about accurate to me. Treloars performances this year are not really at that level, and although Adams have been recently, I would suggest that that is balanced by Pendles dropping away and not really being an AA lvl player at the moment.

Treloar was a lock AA until he got injured. Was playing brilliantly.

There's a great article on JDG in today's Age, if anyone has time to read anything in between GF day excitement/madness. It deals with his work with the Salvos, first as part of his punishment and then as part of generous personality. In all, a good portrait of a young bloke who cares about a lot more than himself.

There's a great article on JDG in today's Age, if anyone has time to read anything in between GF day excitement/madness. It deals with his work with the Salvos, first as part of his punishment and then as part of generous personality. In all, a good portrait of a young bloke who cares about a lot more than himself.
Just read it. Ripper of an article. It’s nice to see a good story in the media. Doesn’t happen enough.

3 of the best goals ive seen in a GF... this mans potential is through the roof.
Big game player. The one thing I would like him to improve on in the off season is his defensive work inside 50. If he’s going to be a stay at home forward next year he has to lock the ball in the 50 as well. He had 0 tackles on Saturday. Can’t wait to see what he brings next year.

3 of the best goals ive seen in a GF... this mans potential is through the roof.

If he'd nailed that 4th shot he'd be a hero. Not sure why he went for the banana off the right instead of using his left.

Big game player. The one thing I would like him to improve on in the off season is his defensive work inside 50. If he’s going to be a stay at home forward next year he has to lock the ball in the 50 as well. He had 0 tackles on Saturday. Can’t wait to see what he brings next year.

Yep, should have gone with McGovern in that marking contest instead of waiting out the back for the option. McGovern getting a run and jump at a marking contest and the ball just doesn't get out the back. He'll learn from that.

His first goal where he shrugged off both McGovern and Schofield then snapped truly was one of the best goals I've seen in a Grand Final.

Incredible.

His next contract negotiation is going to be massive. Kid is a superstar.

If he'd nailed that 4th shot he'd be a hero. Not sure why he went for the banana off the right instead of using his left.
Yep, or kicked to Varcoe! But wowee what a game... he is a freak. Those three goals were something else and each one brought the house down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real deal.

Didn't drink this season - maturing.
Pendlebury is a great role model and mentor for him to have chosen.

Elite.

The real deal.

Didn't drink this season - maturing.
Pendlebury is a great role model and mentor for him to have chosen.

Elite.

Hopefully he can show him Maturing by staying out of Trouble over the Pre-Season

Hopefully he can show him Maturing by staying out of Trouble over the Pre-Season
He will.

Penny has dropped.

He can be an elite superstar and make it with footy OR sacrifice all that to be nothing but drink heaps.

Hes our future and it’s looking great.

De Goey, Grundy, Treloar, that’s some pure talent there.

Very quiet on the mad Monday celebrations of the player group but I'm assuming this confirms that it has been had rather than just the way these 2 normally hang.

Interesting that Murph is now clearly taller than JDG. Be interesting to see what he's listed as going into 2019.

Very quiet on the mad Monday celebrations of the player group but I'm assuming this confirms that it has been had rather than just the way these 2 normally hang.

Interesting that Murph is now clearly taller than JDG. Be interesting to see what he's listed as going into 2019.

Have you allowed for the wig jackcass? :p

Have you allowed for the wig jackcass? :p
Mate look at their eyelines. I reckon Murph has a good inch on Jordy now going by that photo. Would not be surprised at all to see him listed as 192-3cm next year.

Doing wacky Wednesday today. But murph, JDG and a few others have been on it for a couple days.

Murphy will play KP in a couple years imo.

Mate look at their eyelines. I reckon Murph has a good inch on Jordy now going by that photo. Would not be surprised at all to see him listed as 192-3cm next year.

I was joking mate hence the :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back