Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Great it will be then.

Really need to sort out the way we are defending all over the ground. They just picked us to pieces.
yup. It’s almost like we are just giving away a 50m free and allowing teams free forward entries with how much uncontested we allow.

It has to be addressed. It’s not a new thing, short kicking through zones.

Great it will be then.

Really need to sort out the way we are defending all over the ground. They just picked us to pieces.
Agreed. The non existent pressure & tackling was incredibly frustrating to watch.

Complete opposite of what I was hoping for & expecting after the media attention all week.

Agreed. The non existent pressure & tackling was incredibly frustrating to watch.

Complete opposite of what I was hoping for & expecting after the media attention all week.
The thing is it seemed to be positioning more than workrate.

Outcoached. They had a plan how to pick us apart and we weren't able to adjust.

I don't think iq on the wing helped. He's not smart enough. We no longer own the wings. They're just pulling straight back into defensive 50.

The thing is it seemed to be positioning more than workrate.

Outcoached. They had a plan how to pick us apart and we weren't able to adjust.

I don't think iq on the wing helped. He's not smart enough. We no longer own the wings. They're just pulling straight back into defensive 50.
Was both I thought. We looked so flat footed all night. Just no tackling whatsoever & ball watching. So slow. Very unCollingwood like.

Great it will be then.

I was watching essendon players just peeling off and going wide without our players following them. The same thing happened last week. I don't know if it's game plan or work rate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching essendon players just peeling off and going wide without our players following them. The same thing happened last week. I don't know if it's game plan or work rate

It looked horrible at the ground. You could see it unfolding. They switched really well and kept doing it until they reached their half forward line uncontested then long kick to their talls or leading forwards to the pocket. It was so predictable and we were either unable to or chose not to react.

Interestingly their game almost replicated how GWS played the prelim against us. We were lucky to get away that day but surely we could have predicted this is how teams will open the zone up.

There is an arrogance about ‘the way we play’ and it has given us two successful years.

I don't know the answer. Im not a coach but as a fan it was frustrating to see where the next kick was going to and us zoning in between the kickers. We were always outnumbered in transition.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It looked horrible at the ground. You could see it unfolding. They switched really well and kept doing it until they reached their half forward line uncontested then long kick to their talls or leading forwards to the pocket. It was so predictable and we were either unable to or chose not to react.

Interestingly their game almost replicated how GWS played the prelim against us. We were lucky to get away that day but surely we could have predicted this is how teams will open the zone up.

There is an arrogance about ‘the way we play’ and it has given us two successful years.

I don't know the answer. Im not a coach but as a fan it was frustrating to see where the next kick was going to and us zoning in between the kickers. We were always outnumbered in transition.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What was equally frustrating was the number of times they clunked marks in packs when we had the likes of Frampton and Moore contesting at one end and Krueger and Checkers at the other. We couldn't even halve most contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back