Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems from what I can see that he doesn’t need to have surgery?

From Dr Google

Most people are able to return to working out or playing sports after a few months of rest. It's rare to need surgery for osteitis pubis, but it's an option if your symptoms don't improve after several months.

No, tearing your hamstring tendon is not the most common injury...

How do you know Treloar fully recovered? Because he's playing good footy? If he lost say 2-3% of his top speed, how would you know?

How would you know he hasn’t? Simple and stupid game.

Footy has a long history of players being managed through injury with players successfully coming out the other side.

Why is it so hard to accept, (or allow) another opinion?
In commentary Selwood said because of his condition he might not have been able to do the training loads.

PS: I just watched it again and it’s yet another tendon injury caused by a push from one of their players, (Walsh).

Same team, same action, for Treloar’s injury.

When you play someone completely underdone with dodgy groins this is what happens. Not a luck thing.

Now we have to pray he fully recovers from a hamstring tendon injury, which is very difficult
It’s definitely bad luck.
The speed motion and contact through traffic forced JDG to twist and step awkwardly which caused the injury.
It was awkwardness of the motion that could have caused injury to any player.

You only need to look at how conservative our medical staff are with concussion to know that we don’t take risks with players.
This was just bad luck

The incident seemed to be very minor. You wouldn't have thought such could make him do a high hamstring with tendon damage.
But suppose, as the commentators said, coming off injury, he may not have had the training loads required -- I can say he didn't, he barely trained during the week.
And then being such a power player, his body overcompendated in one area of the body to another.

Suppose was bound to happen

Push when stretching and bending down was the culprit, then the twisting motion after he picks the ball up, also contributed.

Last edited:
Pushes in the back like that happen a hundred times per game, every game.

Yes, true.

Rarely, a push in the back will result in injury e.g. Treloar.

But let's pause.

Your point is that the club took a silly risk with JDG. It backfired and now the club's already slim finals chances dived. Perhaps you'd assert that they were negligent. They negatively impacted JDG's long-term playing capacity.

I would have taken the same risk under those circumstances and I'm 100% confident that most here would.

You're very critical of the club. A bit quick to point the finger when things go wrong.

Sometimes, one takes a risk and fails. Shit happens, Kap. 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just putting this in here for when he inevitably increases his match like loads in 2025 and after not having groin surgery only for it to flare up again

Hope I’m wrong but feel we will get a 3 year Yeo situation

Just putting this in here for when he inevitably increases his match like loads in 2025 and after not having groin surgery only for it to flare up again

Hope I’m wrong but feel we will get a 3 year Yeo situation
I reckon that you hope that you’re right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back