Recommitted Jordon Butts signs 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic country 198cm KPD out of contract

Has now established himself and played 43 games at 23 years of age so should be entering his prime and in line for a decent pay day
Stop starting shit threads.

Stop starting s**t threads.

Hello and welcome to the Drafts, Trades & Free Agency board on BigFooty.

Judging by this post, this may be your first time here.

On this board we discuss, amongst other things, player movement within the AFL.

Out of contract players often have a dedicated thread started about them and we encourage discussion accordingly.

Jordon Butts appears to be currently out of contract at the end of season 2023 so here is a thread to talk about him.

We’re super excited to have you join us, but please be respectful. And if you can’t do that, don’t post.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the Drafts, Trades & Free Agency board on BigFooty.

Judging by this post, this may be your first time here.

On this board we discuss, amongst other things, player movement within the AFL.

Out of contract players often have a dedicated thread started about them and we encourage discussion accordingly.

Jordon Butts appears to be currently out of contract at the end of season 2023 so here is a thread to talk about him.

We’re super excited to have you join us, but please be respectful. And if you can’t do that, don’t post.

Thanks!
Thanks for the welcome! So far as I can see it, half the front page of this fancy forum of yours is made up of pointless threads by the same shit poster almost exclusively about Victorian players playing in different states who he desperately wants to come play for his beloved North, but who has about a 5% strike rate of making threads about players who are actually any chance of leaving (a still in contract Noah Anderson? lol). If that's what you want to encourage on your board, be my guest!

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! So far as I can see it, half the front page of this fancy forum of yours is made up of pointless threads by the same s**t poster almost exclusively about Victorian players playing in different states who he desperately wants to come play for his beloved North, but who has about a 5% strike rate of making threads about players who are actually any chance of leaving (a still in contract Noah Anderson? lol). If that's what you want to encourage on your board, be my guest!
The sook continues aka being a JHF

Thanks for the welcome! So far as I can see it, half the front page of this fancy forum of yours is made up of pointless threads by the same s**t poster almost exclusively about Victorian players playing in different states who he desperately wants to come play for his beloved North, but who has about a 5% strike rate of making threads about players who are actually any chance of leaving (a still in contract Noah Anderson? lol). If that's what you want to encourage on your board, be my guest!

5/30 is a lot less than half. Might I suggest some maths lessons to go along with the anger management ones?

If a player is coming out of contract they're worthy of discussion. If it offends you so, don't participate. Simple as that.

Vic country 198cm KPD out of contract

Has now established himself and played 43 games at 23 years of age so should be entering his prime and in line for a decent pay day

Players in his position tend not to enter their prime until they are around 26-27 years of age imo.

Can't see him leaving the Crowa tbh but you never say never until he has put pen to paper I suppose

Stop being a party pooper.

BTW have you posted in the Pickett thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid, lockdown defender with not a lot of other attributes to his game.

A much less-talented version of Daniel Talia.

Would still fit a need at most clubs, especially the Crows.

Solid, lockdown defender with not a lot of other attributes to his game.

A much less-talented version of Daniel Talia.

Would still fit a need at most clubs, especially the Crows.

Yeah accurate

Came on the scene and everyone got excited but has plateaued since. I think he’s found his level give or take a little margin.

Nothing wrong with that. Bargain where the crows got him, and can solidly hold down a key position for them for years, but he just can’t be a star player imo.

Why not?

He took 8 contested marks last year (0.4 a game)

As far as I can see that’s not only incredibly low for his position, it might just be the lowest in the league.

It’s miles behind the leagues best

Taylor 38 1.7
De koning 36 1.6
Cox 36 1.6
May 35 1.6
Moore 35 1.5
McKay 32 2.1

But it’s also well behind guys who aren’t thought of as elite contested markers but decent or in some cases less than

P. Mccartin 27 1.1
T. Mccartin 26 1.0
Petty 24 1.3
Logue 24 1.2
Josh Walker 19 1.2
Jonas 15 0.7

His intercept marks are also among the lowest in the league for his position.

Does that mean he’s shit? No. But it shows he’s clearly very poor in key areas for his position, and it is what will stop him from being a high end player. Without looking at spoil stats recently I would guess he does reasonably well at that, but the game really does lend to key defenders who take marks.

Having said that, Adelaide will just work around his weakness by relying on him to be a stopper and letting other players try to take those contested marks.

I would be shocked if he left Adelaide. he’s likely got a long career there ahead and no team is going to make him such an offer to disregard that.

Not a name I know much about and grabs my instant attention.

Was he drafted as an 18 year old?

4 or 5 years 43 games.

Drafted in the rookie draft of 2018, and was very skinny.

Debuted late 2020 played a couple games. Bulked up a bit more and was best 22 for 2021

Yeah accurate

Came on the scene and everyone got excited but has plateaued since. I think he’s found his level give or take a little margin.

Nothing wrong with that. Bargain where the crows got him, and can solidly hold down a key position for them for years, but he just can’t be a star player imo.

Why not?

He took 8 contested marks last year (0.4 a game)

As far as I can see that’s not only incredibly low for his position, it might just be the lowest in the league.

It’s miles behind the leagues best

Taylor 38 1.7
De koning 36 1.6
Cox 36 1.6
May 35 1.6
Moore 35 1.5
McKay 32 2.1

But it’s also well behind guys who aren’t thought of as elite contested markers but decent or in some cases less than

P. Mccartin 27 1.1
T. Mccartin 26 1.0
Petty 24 1.3
Logue 24 1.2
Josh Walker 19 1.2
Jonas 15 0.7

His intercept marks are also among the lowest in the league for his position.

Does that mean he’s s**t? No. But it shows he’s clearly very poor in key areas for his position, and it is what will stop him from being a high end player. Without looking at spoil stats recently I would guess he does reasonably well at that, but the game really does lend to key defenders who take marks.

Having said that, Adelaide will just work around his weakness by relying on him to be a stopper and letting other players try to take those contested marks.

I would be shocked if he left Adelaide. he’s likely got a long career there ahead and no team is going to make him such an offer to disregard that.
Wow that is low.
Even Caleb Graham (a year younger but same mould as butts) who literally just runs around with his fist held high in the air has more contested marks last year.

He's a good solid lock down key defender at 198cm and putting on more muscle each season he's becoming a tough opponent for the big forwards around the league, he's not an intercept mark type or a guy u want chipping the ball around in defence, he's more like an old school full back that spoils and kicks long down the line and most of the time keeps his opponent reasonably quiet. He'll keep getting better as the team improves, its been a pretty full on start to his career being the number 1 defender in a bottom 4 side at only 20 yrs old and coming from the rookie draft he's been much better than anyone could of expected. As bad as the Crows have been in recent years they would of been a lot worse if Butts hadn't stepped up so quickly once Talia's career ended prematurely because of injury. Hopefully he re signs with the Crows asap because he's a very important part of the team

He's a good solid lock down key defender at 198cm and putting on more muscle each season he's becoming a tough opponent for the big forwards around the league, he's not an intercept mark type or a guy u want chipping the ball around in defence, he's more like an old school full back that spoils and kicks long down the line and most of the time keeps his opponent reasonably quiet. He'll keep getting better as the team improves, its been a pretty full on start to his career being the number 1 defender in a bottom 4 side at only 20 yrs old and coming from the rookie draft he's been much better than anyone could of expected. As bad as the Crows have been in recent years they would of been a lot worse if Butts hadn't stepped up so quickly once Talia's career ended prematurely because of injury. Hopefully he re signs with the Crows asap because he's a very important part of the team
very well put and he is THE player we need to sign up soon in defence

very well put and he is THE player we need to sign up soon in defence

Don't think you need to worry too much about the go home factor with lads from the Goulburn Valley. Would be very confident the Crows will re-sign him, unless a club offers him a crazy/insane amount of coin.

Drafted in the rookie draft of 2018, and was very skinny.

Debuted late 2020 played a couple games. Bulked up a bit more and was best 22 for 2021

Well the bloke only played 2 games in 2020, all 22 games in 2021 and 19 out of 22 games in 2022.

I assume you rate him highly.

Safe to say Jordan Butts is in your best 22. I know some information teams other tall defender depth. Nick Murray is 194 cm and only has played 29 games. Josh Worrell is 21 years old and played a handful of games. Tom Dodee is only 188 cm but can play Centre Half back. Fisher McAsey just walked out of the club.

no he can’t.

He’s a 3rd tall, replaced lever when he went out.
well that is your view, not mine.

I rate Dodee well, especially when he is fully fit. I rate him more than Griffin Logue.

I got no animosity towards Logue either. I would of kept logue for 2 more seasons, but the Freo board low balled him on a contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jordon Butts signs 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back